Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
I would love to see the combine take down one of their outposts in the city like the warehouse or apartments, and move that build to somewhere outside the city
So would we. Honest. But the simple fact of the matter is that it would meet the same fate as the rail station outpost within an hour. The second someone mentions something about it in ROOC, it’s a safe bet that the majority of the resistance playerbase shows up to engage what’s at most a small scout/capture team.

Cue S2K or rebels trying to infiltrate and dismantle the new outpost as soon as the cops or transhumans go back to grab more supplies to bring out to it.

With the state of on-sight aggression and lack of what might be even loosely defined as ‘proportional response’, it’s just not viable for the Combine to try and build outside the city. Nobody wants to deal with the same frustrations that came about from the rail station hardpoint lasting quite literally less than an hour after the time they spent building it.

It sucks, but that’s the state of things on the map right now.

Reactions: List

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
so there's a very limited amount of people on either side that can have fun

the average players gets to go around and be a walking targets for opposing snipers
nearly everyone has a gun or some sort of weapon on this iteration

and those who dont, i suggested the roleplay strip that they can go to

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I'm on the side that snipers are nothing but an annoyance, can recall at least two assaults (one being an event?) which just turned into crouching and not peaking because of a single sniper behind a smoke

Not sure how they could ever really be balanced for our iteration

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the only fun counterplay to snipers is to have insane mobility/concealment abilities beyond what is realistically possible in ww3rp & hl2rp settings for the majority of players
the only counterplay to snipers on gmod is to either have your own sniper or not connect at all to be shot by a sniper

nearly everyone has a gun or some sort of weapon on this iteration

and those who dont, i suggested the roleplay strip that they can go to
I have a pistol, I am being shot at by a sniper from a mile away. I am having fun?

I have no gun, I am being shot at by a sniper. It is my fault for trying to roleplay outside of your designated roleplay strip?

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
the only counterplay to snipers on gmod is to either have your own sniper or not connect at all to be shot by a sniper

I have a pistol, I am being shot at by a sniper from a mile away. I am having fun?

I have no gun, I am being shot at by a sniper. It is my fault for trying to roleplay outside of your designated roleplay strip?
Fair point

However I still find the idea interesting

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
you really want a map that built itself around the half-life 2 sniper combat distance metrics, and a a cover density that gives people a shot of navigating them. lot of our maps don't do this as they're more about offering roleplay or representative environments of their locations, rather than being built for combat.
You'd want something built custom, or have staff do a lot of prop work for it to have a good shot.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Snipers are only fun when they're easily seen - ie; the Combine Sniper with its big obvious laser, very loud firing sound, actual round travel-time and fairly slow RPM.

Otherwise snipers (and to a degree Vorts, but Vorts have their own weaknesses to make up for it tbh so I don't count them as much) inherently aren't very fun to fight.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I've personally seen Cops turn down informants myself, so it's not like this situation was isolated.

If you want to accuse @Keller of lying about his experience, go ahead, grab the logs too.
We're all waiting.
i went up to the combine to become an informant on rp_apocalypse and they turned me down, it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.