Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I've got one hangup about the pyromaniac stuff, even after it was concluded.

...What was this 'Dante', exactly? My vort smacked him right in the face with an empowered punch, but the /localevent that followed made a reveal that this nutjob was actually undead, and that my strike did squat. It came a bit out of left field for this cryptic antagonist to suddenly turn out to be a never-before-seen type of zombie (mind, not a headcrab zombie).

I did try looking into it IC, but judging by the fact nobody did anything about the morbid pyres with staked corpses (my vort ended up dismantling the pyres and burying the bodies all by himself) that littered the place before the final confrontation, it didn't seem like people neither knew nor cared.

(Yes, I know this sounds very harsh towards the rebels, but come on. Massive ritualistic fires with crucified and impaled bodies, and nobody bothered to at least put out the flames?)

Reactions: List

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
I've got one hangup about the pyromaniac stuff, even after it was concluded.

...What was this 'Dante', exactly? My vort smacked him right in the face with an empowered punch, but the /localevent that followed made a reveal that this nutjob was actually undead, and that my strike did squat. It came a bit out of left field for this cryptic antagonist to suddenly turn out to be a never-before-seen type of zombie (mind, not a headcrab zombie).

I did try looking into it IC, but judging by the fact nobody did anything about the morbid pyres with staked corpses (my vort ended up dismantling the pyres and burying the bodies all by himself) that littered the place before the final confrontation, it didn't seem like people neither knew nor cared.

(Yes, I know this sounds very harsh towards the rebels, but come on. Massive ritualistic fires with crucified and impaled bodies, and nobody bothered to at least put out the flames?)
We launched a small investigation and found all the pyres, we just didn't know how to put them out

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
We launched a small investigation and found all the pyres, we just didn't know how to put them out
There's a river right next to the rebel side of the map, surely getting some IC buckets and RPing it out would've been acceptable? Hell, I just used vortikinesisRP to do lowkey earthbending for extinguishing the flames, and admins responded pretty quickly most of the time when I laid out my intentions in /help.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
There's a river right next to the rebel side of the map, surely getting some IC buckets and RPing it out would've been acceptable? Hell, I just used vortikinesisRP to do lowkey earthbending for extinguishing the flames, and admins responded pretty quickly most of the time when I laid out my intentions in /help.
Putting out the pyres was least of our worries, we were trying to do more meaningful stuff like gather intel on who the pyromaniac was, what his intentions were, when he'd attack, which we did

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Gonna hop on the new map soon and have a play around,
Did have two feedback points unrelated to the maps though.

-

I'm fairly uncertain on lore placement and progression, following the spire on apocalypse, I don't think I caught onto a narrative thread for Ashville on what was going on, things obviously happened, a lot of stuff happened at that, although I did not know what tied things together or what plotline we were collecting progressing towards.
One bit of narrative I caught on was a post in the screenshot/ quote thread about a important device in the combine base, although that's mostly all I had to run with.

One thing that can get underappreciated is updating your lore thread beyond the setup narrative, and give out information on what's happened over the past months and maps so folks can keep caught up and inform their behaviour around it, I'm as always interested in the setting we've got, but I don't know what we're striving to achieve as a collective rebel or combine community.

-

Events have been eluding me like crazy this iteration, I've wanted to engage with them and get involved, but I've almost always only heard of structured, organised events going on after the fact, when the screenshots are posted on the thread, may well be a personal issue, but not having event notices or sign ups very often makes my life hard now that I have to plan and organise my time more.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
I'm fairly uncertain on lore placement and progression, following the spire on apocalypse, I don't think I caught onto a narrative thread for Ashville on what was going on, things obviously happened, a lot of stuff happened at that, although I did not know what tied things together or what plotline we were collecting progressing towards.
One bit of narrative I caught on was a post in the screenshot/ quote thread about a important device in the combine base, although that's mostly all I had to run with.

One thing that can get underappreciated is updating your lore thread beyond the setup narrative, and give out information on what's happened over the past months and maps so folks can keep caught up and inform their behaviour around it, I'm as always interested in the setting we've got, but I don't know what we're striving to achieve as a collective rebel or combine community.
an SA of mine (and likely others who will pitch in) have agreed to make a forum compilation/summary of large scale events/happenings throughout the server narrative

not to say that this is something that should be spoonfed - fog of war and all, have to ask around IC, but it still reminds people that shit does happen outside of your own perspectives

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
is there a way to indicate where to go to not get murdered from spawn or are we just fucked

i died because i got lost, i don't have communications with people or external help, so i just winged it until i got shot and gifted all my shit to the opposing side. there were no signs during my trip

second time i went through convoluted tunnels and made it fine, but that first time sucked

if its skill issue ok whatever

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Arrested once more. Why did you do this to me, for what reason, what is the charge? eating a meal? a succulent Mongolian meal.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
is there a way to indicate where to go to not get murdered from spawn or are we just fucked

i died because i got lost, i don't have communications with people or external help, so i just winged it until i got shot and gifted all my shit to the opposing side

I know the feeling from last night
I stumbled my way right into a combine base and locked eyes with a security camera.

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I know the feeling from last night
I stumbled my way right into a combine base and locked eyes with a security camera.
imagine that but twice as bad (i am not allowed to run) (skill issue for not picking nlr)

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

i died because i got lost, i don't have communications with people or external help, so i just winged it until i got shot and gifted all my shit to the opposing side. there were no signs during my trip

second time i went through convoluted tunnels and made it fine, but that first time sucked

just learn the map bro

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I did have the idea of adding more Infrastructure of the respective sides, the closer you get to their 'OOC' protected areas.

rebel sides sees more Generators, Floodlights, Makeshift Defences with Lambda Caches (empty static props) and Lambda Symbols

Combine side sees more Wires, Combine Infrastructure/walls, terminals and those blue lights.

Just something very visual that says "This ain't the normal tunnels, you're getting close to their territory" before being hit with actual OOC warnings.

Nebulae
I did have the idea of adding more Infrastructure of the respective sides, the closer you get to their 'OOC' protected areas.

rebel sides sees more Generators, Floodlights, Makeshift Defences with Lambda Caches (empty static props) and Lambda Symbols

Combine side sees more Wires, Combine Infrastructure/walls, terminals and those blue lights.

Just something very visual that says "This ain't the normal tunnels, you're getting close to their territory" before being hit with actual OOC warnings.

i like this, please do this ASAP

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
played for the first time today

got lost, wandered for a while, almost immediately walked into a combine base as an old man
locked eyes with an OTA
he looked at me
i looked at him
he looked at me
and i looked at him

then he ran off down a corridor
bravely i decided to follow him because whatever first character who cares i have no idea where i am and maybe ill die and nlr back to spawn

get shot by about 5 turrets, somehow still alive
wander down a different corridor. set off six different hopper mines
limp back to a station
almost get shot by about five rebels
find where the actual base is for normal citizen pcs
get flashbanged by a glitching vortigaunt's vortessence light

someone medrps me for about 10 seconds, says im fine, doesnt give me a medical script [does that even exist anymore]
i wander into the corner and crash to desktop

honestly this is 10/10 and im not even being sarcastic it was a lot of fun, felt like the good old days

Status
Not open for further replies.