Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
played for the first time today

got lost, wandered for a while, almost immediately walked into a combine base as an old man
locked eyes with an OTA
he looked at me
i looked at him
he looked at me
and i looked at him

then he ran off down a corridor
bravely i decided to follow him because whatever first character who cares i have no idea where i am and maybe ill die and nlr back to spawn

get shot by about 5 turrets, somehow still alive
wander down a different corridor. set off six different hopper mines
limp back to a station
almost get shot by about five rebels
find where the actual base is for normal citizen pcs
get flashbanged by a glitching vortigaunt's vortessence light

someone medrps me for about 10 seconds, says im fine, doesnt give me a medical script [does that even exist anymore]
i wander into the corner and crash to desktop

honestly this is 10/10 and im not even being sarcastic it was a lot of fun, felt like the good old days

Now you are provoking me to asspull medRP with my explicitly nonmedical character. Just insulting for me to read a lack of medical testaments.
lmao

Reactions: List

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
Now you are provoking me to asspull medRP with my explicitly nonmedical character. Just insulting for me to read a lack of medical testaments.
lmao
if that was you dont take it the wrong way it was fun i just was constantly looking at the ground like 'wheres the green bandage script'

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
if that was you dont take it the wrong way it was fun i just was constantly looking at the ground like 'wheres the green bandage script'
people usually don’t give you the script and just apply it to you instead

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Nonono... I just say I would force my character, that was not there in the first place, give you something more or less resembling proper treatment, and it would be pretty asspulled in the IC perspective.

That is all.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Nonono... I just say I would force my character, that was not there in the first place, give you something more or less resembling proper treatment, and it would be pretty asspulled in the IC perspective.

That is all.

like talking to fucking pinnochio

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
I was trying to find my way back to base then watched an old guy run right into a mine
LMFAOOOOOOOO yeah i was just wandering around trying to find literally any other player and i got hit by like seven different mines and gunned down by two turrets

barely lost half my hp tho

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
LMFAOOOOOOOO yeah i was just wandering around trying to find literally any other player and i got hit by like seven different mines and gunned down by two turrets

barely lost half my hp tho
Yeah mines and turrets aren't that effective, they're more so there to discourage people from getting closer, makes it obvious to rebels where the Combine areas are.

They also work great as alarms

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
Yeah mines and turrets aren't that effective, they're more so there to discourage people from getting closer, makes it obvious to rebels where the Combine areas are.

They also work great as alarms
yeah the turrets kept ringing as i ran away and i was CERTAIN i was about to hear jackboots

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
This prompts me to remind people.
The flickering from vortilantern is clientside. This means that while it can look fine from the vort's PoV (or it might not, since we can see it sometimes as well, hence why vorts occasionally turn off their light even if it wasn't flickering from your persective), it may be the opposite for anyone around them.

If this happens, feel free to tell them that the light's flickering, and they'll usually turn it off no problem.

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This prompts me to remind people.
The flickering from vortilantern is clientside. This means that while it can look fine from the vort's PoV (or it might not, since we can see it sometimes as well, hence why vorts occasionally turn off their light even if it wasn't flickering from your persective), it may be the opposite for anyone around them.

If this happens, feel free to tell them that the light's flickering, and they'll usually turn it off no problem.
Is the scanner light flickering clientside too?

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
I'm really looking forward to playing on C24 for a bit.

My hope is that we won't be there for too long, maybe most of April and then we can go back to the more core warzone cop vs rebel shit we've had so far. It be cool if we periodically got city downtime every couple of map changes to take a step back from the constant S2K

Status
Not open for further replies.