valve to shutdown csgo gambling sites

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-addresses-gambling-allegations-takes-steps-t/1100-6441783/

So apparently, due to the recent drama regarding the whole gambling thing in CS:GO valve has decided to take steps to shut the shit down.

I think that's pretty great considering that it's way too easy for someone underage to sign themselves up on one of these gambling sites which can and probably will lead to them wasting away their parents money on shit

what do you think? is it a good course of action or are there other ways to fix it?

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
"It's unclear why Valve waited until now to do anything about the situation, as these types of sites have been around for some time now."
lol
it's quite clear why valve is doing this now

Reactions: List

LatvianViking

Proton
Nebulae
great they shutting down those sites, my friends been losing money on them blindly gambling shit out of themselves.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
I think its a case of natural selection. People will say "aww, but kids are wasting parents money!!!"

Who do you think allowed them to play a game like CS:GO in the first place? Even if they didn't allow them, sooner or later the parents would have found out since they live in the same house. The only way they could be spending that money is if:

A) Parents don't give a shit, so the fault is on them AND the kid.

B) Parents allowed them, so the fault is on them AND the kid.

Either way, its their fault. And they only care now because so many people got upset but did you see Valve crying when all that kiddie dosh was lining up their wallets? No.

Bibo!

Neutrino
Nebulae
My friend's brother stole more than 500 dollars straight from his bank account to gamble/trade with CS:GO. My friend's brother is 15.
Yeah, this needs to stop. Thanks, Valve.

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
My friend does that, he Will be pissed.

It did always seen to be illegal to me, these things. Probs a good thing they are going away.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
shit i use to gamble pokemon and yu gi oh rares back in the day and there used to be massive fights when you didn't pay

we were finally banned after someone lost and refused to give up 50 quid then went and grassed everyone up

Last edited:

Nukkel

Proton
Nebulae
This is because Valve will get sued up the ass if it continues.

so how is it valves fault that people create websites and people use them? Its not their fault that people do high risk rewards right? I love to gamble on csgolounge. If they will remove the gambling sites they might aswell remove the case opening shit, 2 euros for a key and you get cancer 80% of the time. Pretty much the same as gambling.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
so how is it valves fault that people create websites and people use them? Its not their fault that people do high risk rewards right? I love to gamble on csgolounge. If they will remove the gambling sites they might aswell remove the case opening shit, 2 euros for a key and you get cancer 80% of the time. Pretty much the same as gambling.

every cunt is looking to play the blame game and profit these days

Duke of Wellington

32nd Wheelie Bin Regiment
Nebulae
Valve allowed it to happen. They knew it was an unmonitored form of gambling.

Nukkel

Proton
Nebulae
Valve allowed it to happen. They knew it was an unmonitored form of gambling.
So I'll ask again, why is valve responsible for people creating websites and people using them?

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
they knew about allowing gambling but you know, since nobody actually took action against them they did nothing

now, some guy raged after losing his money and sued valve for allowing them to bet and they're actually doing stuff

typical valve, can't wait someone suing them for half-life 3

as i said somewhere else (can't remember), the case is either gonna be:
a) valve makes an exception for CSGOlounge/fanobet since they're actually big websites and part of the only few that are legit
b) CSGOlounge/fanobet start using actual money as a currency, avoiding any interaction with steam at all

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Worst thing is that the site was owned by big youtubers.

They did a buncha videos on lotteries that they "Won" but they actually just altered it so they'd win big every time.

They were earning thousands of dollars worth of CSGO items and thousands of dollars upfront.