Serious Vent Thread

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i wish i had consistent 85 degree weather.

in OTHER NEWS

the cookout nears.

my excitement grows.

i will stuff myself with hamborgor and i'm gonna smoke some ribs.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
How do I get rid of mosquto bites? There’s 3 on my feet and they keep me awake at night from itching
If you can fill a hot water bottle with cold water (like, freezing cold) and take it to bed and lay it over your bites it'll help.

Alternatively vinegar and oatmeal are the best two home remedies I know of.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
How do I get rid of mosquto bites? There’s 3 on my feet and they keep me awake at night from itching
Take piritin or whatever hay fever antihistamines you can get over the counter, get the drowsy one too and take it at night

(Obviously not if your allergic to anything like that)

D

Deleted member 1392

Also since this is the vent thread Im just going to say something that bothers me. Trying to get in a faction for an exact year and still not being able to get in.

Seems a bit unfair and weird

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I really fucking hate poor documentation, it's almost as bad as having no documentation. What's really been pissing me off recently is WRONG documentation, like how few fucks did this company give to charge money for something and have the actual manual on how to use it be wrong and you have to ask other costumers how to actually use this piece of shit. Fucking. Hell.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reactions: List

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Disclaimer: Not talking about people who already worry about these sorts of things, or who simply can't afford to worry. These are all cool in my book. And I'm aware I'm not great in this either, but I'm trying to improve.

You know what I really dislike?
This fricking human tendency to lie to oneself and blind oneself from large-scale problems in the name of "optimism", because, I can only guess, accepting them as a part of reality would make one feel uncomfortable.

Global warming is a thing, yeah? We can all agree on that? So how about worrying a bit more, changing a bit about our lifestyles, being more politically active, actually DOING something, getting actual change done? No, no, let's not worry about that. That's in the fuuture. Or we can't affect anything anyway.

Oh, yeah, we care about people. If we saw someone starving on the street, we would perhaps even get them something to eat. So why don't many more people donate to charities that help people with these sorts of problems? Or any other issues? Why don't more people advocate for legislature pertaining to this? Oh no, but that's far away, let's not worry about that. Yeah, we'll say how terrible it is, we'll actually acknowledge it, if we WERE there, we would care and pity people who need help, but as long as its far, we won't feel too bad not helping as to not inconvenience ourselves, despite actual human LIVES being at stake, the entire worlds and existences of individuals like us. And when they put someone on the television? Yeah, THEN the donations start rolling in, because the issue now has a face we were forced to see, an individual on the same level as us. We are coded to relate to that. But the feeling of dread pertaining to an issue so large we can only do our part, and not much more? Make only a small dent, even if that meant saving people or something of such significance to individuals? Yeah, not worrying about that.

Alright, more controversial time:

Meat. I swear, if you gave people a little lamb or a chick or whatever, they would all cuddle it and love it. But stick it in a factory, where it will live a terrible life full of suffering? Yeah, we don't care. And we'll get angry for you for even trying to change our mind.

The worst bloody thing about this is that if you try to discuss it with some people and point out what they're doing wrong, they'll ditch all logic and reason and start defending themselves with arguments very clearly based on emotions and on what they personally WANT to believe. Now if you oppose me with other opinions and change my mind? I'm alright with that. That's what's important imo.

Not all optimism is bad, either. But the difference between healthy optimism and unhealthy optimism is whether it gives you strength to FACE problems, or if it just makes you ignore said problems because everything is just so bloody fine let's not look into shall we?

Also, I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to take a break from all of this, yeah, the only way to really face reality (at least for me these days) is to only worry about things when it's time to work on them, self-reflect, or plan future actions, not during other work or rest. But you eventually do have to factor these things in. ACKNOWLEDGE that they're a thing.

Sorry for the rant, and feel free to disagree.