We could have had HL2RP on Arma 3

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Issue with both is that the "serious RP" vibe we get from Gmod is not the same nor it feels the same in Arma 3, so a few may find it odd to get used to.

WW3RP would work just fine in my opinion, but nearly nobody (I think?) would want to play a civilian considering the vast amount of opportunities Arma offers for combat.

GmodRP is very bland and boring at this point, tbqh, it feels very samey and i think everyone is too set in stone to see a decent and meaningful change take place

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
GmodRP is very bland and boring at this point, tbqh, it feels very samey and i think everyone is too set in stone to see a decent and meaningful change take place
What used to be serious rp is now considered semi-serious, I usually define our rp as "super serious" because of how the players have pushed it over the years.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
What used to be serious rp is now considered semi-serious, I usually define our rp as "super serious" because of how the players have pushed it over the years.

To be fair, our server compared to many is insanely strict in certain senses - Though, it also helps to avoid losing "immersion" due to some dud bhopping. If we compare it to other games too, it feels way more strict too.

But for a limited, old engine, slowing down the pace is actually a good idea, and instead, we compensate by changing certain things to bring new possibilities (in lore, and similar) come to fruition.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
still amazing that it is still going after such a long time

most seriousrp servers have a life expentancy of ~2-3 years.

Mogelix

Electron
Nebulae
Do stasiland arma 3 ops with that one cold war germany map + global mobilization
Better then anything Gmod or the source engine could ever offer.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Do stasiland arma 3 ops with that one cold war germany map + global mobilization
Better then anything Gmod or the source engine could ever offer.

Global mobilization is easily the worst DLC in terms of detail and quality that has been published (right after Contact, the alien DLC with no aliens) for Arma 3

You can literally take vanilla Arma 3, load up 5 mods around the topic and you're guaranteed to have better quality content and an even bigger pool of assets

Mogelix

Electron
Nebulae
IDK man I was just giving an example. I havent seen any mods that do GDR troop models better.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
IDK man I was just giving an example. I havent seen any mods that do GDR troop models better.

Tbh, I'm sure everyone would rather have PvE in Arma 3, PvP is kinda crappy since you depend on the server being nearly full to enjoy it, but if there's a small playerbase against PvE all you need to do is switch to recon/scout missions or whatever

It's mainly what I meant with how different roleplay is in Arma 3, most of the proper serious roleplay is actually milsim, not Island Life or the likes

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
still amazing that it is still going after such a long time

most seriousrp servers have a life expectancy of ~2-3 years.
more like 1-3 months
Neb has the rare benefit that only a few other communities left in our niche share - a playerbase that sees it as the only viable option for the experiences they want to have. Not to mention it started off with an existing playerbase rather than having to build one from nothing as most do.

The only other communities I can think of that have that sort of thing are TnB (who've been around for 13 years so naturally have a lot of super dedicated folks) and Willard Networks (who mainly poached them from TN who did bring them from an older community of theirs).

With the announcement of Gmod 2 its fairly safe to say that we're in the twilight years so I don't really see any large-scale server that'll pop up and do as well at this point.

Last edited:

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
what stops somebody else from making a modern garry's mod?
[doublepost=1605649934][/doublepost]
With the announcement of Gmod 2 its fairly safe to say that we're in the twilight years so I don't really see any large-scale server that'll pop up and do as well at this point.
o

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
what stops somebody else from making a modern garry's mod?
[doublepost=1605649934][/doublepost]
o
Nothing. S&box isn't really very exciting, everything that's been worked on before this year was getting Source 1 content mounted in UE4 which is now kinda worthless since it's moved to Source 2 which itself is kinda boring; people are gonna think Source 2 is some major hype point but it's the opposite due to how UE4 has been the leading engine for years now.

D

Deleted member 3818

a few words from garry on the topic of gmod 2
IMMcHCa.png