We could have had HL2RP on Arma 3

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
still surprises me that the guy who made the game that got famous off the back of stuff like

is the guy behind rust

anyway yeah in all likelihood? there’ll probably be a hl2rp on source 2. it just entirely depends on whether or not anyone plays it and, more to the point, if anyone is still interested enough in the game mode to do it

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
a few words from garry on the topic of gmod 2
IMMcHCa.png

no, no, he's got a point

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
still surprises me that the guy who made the game that got famous off the back of stuff like

is the guy behind rust

anyway yeah in all likelihood? there’ll probably be a hl2rp on source 2. it just entirely depends on whether or not anyone plays it and, more to the point, if anyone is still interested enough in the game mode to do it

yo... dont diss the idiot box bro

and if theres a gmod2 i dont think everyone will flock to it straight away, gmod will always be unmatched cause it has thousands and thousands of addons and bases and gamemodes that have been around for years

Not to mention gmod is cheap as fuck and available to pretty much everyone, if gmod2 drops i could see him hiking up the price to rust levels for a while

people are definetely interested in hl2rp, people just need a reason to play again, the question is if a team of devs can actually organize themselves and develop a gamemode base for it, port models, write up the lore yadda yadda, gmod is just so unmatched compared to anything else due to the sheer amount of stuff that has been made for it, im not sure if gmod2 will have that same drive

Nebulae
and if theres a gmod2 i dont think everyone will flock to it straight away, gmod will always be unmatched cause it has thousands and thousands of addons and bases and gamemodes that have been around for years
idk

considering they're making it "engine versitile" i have a feeling they'll probably find a way to port gmod addons over.. maybe.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I doubt Gmod is going to die right away but I can absolutely see a lot of communities trying to capitalise on Gmod 2. Can you imagine the sorts of HL2RP maps we'll see and with all of the resources? Assuming Gary does the HL startup pack again.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Ain gonna make rp_downtown_v2 in gmod2 and make bank bro

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Source 1 assets already work and mount with Source 2.

Absolutely based

There's already one extremely desperate soul trying to save their tattered reputation by capitalizing on it.

I have more than one and two names in my mind right now and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing

D

Deleted member 3818

people will update the textures, as long as there's a good base for a modern day gmod 2 then I'm happy.