What is your your number one game off all time and why?

tera

Atom
Nebulae
I can't really say that I have an all-time favourite, considering I easily shift my interests and I may at times prefer that one game over the other or vice versa.

Recently though, I have been extremely impressed by an early-access game which is Subnautica
Subnautica-01.png

latest

ss_e182b6b20bb797500f9f63c561586d920d44e37c.1920x1080.jpg

latest

I am an extreme fanatic when it comes to exploration and diving. This game offers a lot in regarding in those aspects, the idea that you're diving in an alien ocean is just extremely fascinating. The thrill when you go deeper and deeper into the unknown blue and discovering things that you've never seen before. If you're the type to appreciate landscapes as well, Subnautica offers a lot of those aspects. How the flora and fauna in the game is absolutely stunning in terms of appearance and behaviour. How the structure, content and landscape of that game really share their similarities with our real life ocean counterparts such as underwater caves, trenches, plains and many other sort of ocean geographical similarities. Beautiful but deadly.

From a technical aspect, for such a game with well-done graphics, you don't really need a powerful computer to run it. Well optimized, especially in the recent updates. Its UI, mechanisms and interface are extremely convenient and simple unlike a number of other survival games. How the game actually has a story and a plot which you can choose to follow or not but it does lay out a more a big appeal. The fact that the game is early access and there are still a number of updates still coming in excites me.

Gonna use this quote on here. This game has more depth than many other survival games out there. Literally as well.

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion fam. So many nights and hours lost to that game on my Xbox 360. Playing it got me through some pretty dark times of my life. Sounds niche, but it's the only Elder Scrolls game I can say I've ever truly felt a part of, and for that reason it took my mind off of everything that was going on around me.

Reactions: List

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
New Vegas (always), Hyper Light Drifter and This War of Mine, I think.

New Vegas because of the story, roleplaying elements, DLC (except Dead Money), mods, etc.

Hyper Light Drifter because its gameplay, its way to tell its story (with no words, too!) and difficulty.

This War of Mine because of how you're sometimes forced to do the "bad things" to survive and because it's unforgiving at times. I love games like that.

There are more games but I can't think of any rn.

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
My very all-time favorite is probably Terraria, Unreal Tournament 99 and Nuclear Throne.

But if you want a list that's below them..

All TES and Fallout games, I just can't get enough of them.

Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress are also in this list.

I also like Minecraft a lot. But no mods or "Gamemodes" allowed, I just find something charmingly enjoyable about spending hours and hours to dig out an entire mountain so you can build yourself your own city... Sad that nobody freaking plays it without dumb mods anymore.

Kerbal Space Program is also up there. It's the game that showed me how orbit mechanics and simplified rocket science worked. I love It.

-Edit, forgot to mention S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Although I've only played Call of Pripyat, I played it for overly long amounts and love it. MISERY is a whole new world with it, very enjoyable... Although I am partially a masochist, so..

"Misery is enjoyable" -Nicrobe 2017

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
Kerbal Space Program is also up there. It's the game that showed me how orbit mechanics and simplified rocket science worked. I love It.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Kerbal Space Program. The gameplay mechanics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the game's functions will go over a typical gamer's head.

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Kerbal Space Program. The gameplay mechanics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the game's functions will go over a typical gamer's head.

Yes I do have a tattoo of the Rockomax logo, and no you may not see it.

Dean

That Northern-English guy
Nebulae
Honestly I'd have to break it down from my childhood to now...

• Childhood - All those LEGO games (The ones these days don't compare) + Oblivion (Legendary game)
  • Early teens - Half Life 1 and 2, Portal 1 and 2 (My depression began)
  • Now - Fallout 3 and Vegas, Mount and blade warband (I played the fallout games when I was younger, but I had to grow up a bit to truly respect how great they were)

I have so many other games but in terms of games I could play over and over, or just really enjoy every-time I played them, it's this list.

Fuck Gmod who plays that shit?

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It's astrophysics not theoretical physics you uneducated swine

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Fallout 2, nothing else comes even close.

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
diablo 2 lord of destruction