With Half-Life 2 Roleplay on the decline

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Not really roleplay in my opinion.
If you're referring to my post with SWRP it was ran on Clockwork and didn't utilize the DarkRP mechanics of what you're probably thinking of as SWRP. It was a genuinely serious environment with character development in mind as is HL2RP.

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i wish we had a survival-esque setting after earth got left for dead by the combine where tribal cunts and former jackboots fight it out 24/7

its like ftrp but not shit, easy to do and fuck no mutants but i'd like to see what happens to a headcrab zombie when it ages into a mega fuck

tnb did some shit like that for a while called post hl2rp. iirc it was set in the months after a human victory (if u could call it that) with the combine straight up fucking off. it was set outside the city and the main plotline when i played was that nobody could actually get into the city because the provisional lambda government inside or w/e were being real bureaucratic cocks about letting people in. lots of player ran factions and fun interactions between them.

two ones i spent a lot of time rping in were an underfunded hunting guild (we'd be hunting small xenian pests with shitty rifles while our imagined city based peers were cutting through crowds of antlions with armoured jeeps loaded up with 50 cals) and a bunch of morons called the slugs who bonded in their varied mental deficiencies (we had everything from some teddy daniels type ex-cop to the relatively mentally sound ringleader who took advantage of everybody else being a broken man) and used their combined manpower to take advantage of the lack of order and essentially do what they pleased

Reactions: List

Zuperned

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If you're referring to my post with SWRP it was ran on Clockwork and didn't utilize the DarkRP mechanics of what you're probably thinking of as SWRP. It was a genuinely serious environment with character development in mind as is HL2RP.

Okay then i take it back.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
tbf my dudes id be happy as fuck if nebulous had the innovation gunsmoke 3 and that other fuckin horror roleplay did

whether thats on nutscript or clockwork doesnt matter
Gunsmoke 3 had a fair bit of lore that wasn't all too easy to swallow in one go. Not to say the depth was bad, but the sheer amount of stuff can be daunting to new players. Shame it died though, apparently bad decisions on transitioning to a new map and system, or something.
And Begotten was a locked gamemode open only on set intervals, IIRC. Another horror-ish gamemode I can remember was something called Respite, I think? Idk, @TheSandiestcomet recommended it to me, he probably knows more. And yeah, that gamemode died too.

But I agree, some unique ip would be dope as hell.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Gunsmoke 3 had a fair bit of lore that wasn't all too easy to swallow in one go. Not to say the depth was bad, but the sheer amount of stuff can be daunting to new players. Shame it died though, apparently bad decisions on transitioning to a new map and system, or something.

i'll be honest

i read none of the lore

i just asked an sa "can i be a robot" and they said yes

i then become an ic celebrity robot musician that toured intergalactically.

it was so fucking awesome and it sucks that no other rp has that much freedom of choice

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
DA MISTS

DA RED MIST

DA BLUE MIST

DA BLACK MIDT

DA "wait is that guy made of fuking plastic"
im still salty that all the containers got wiped and i lost all of my shit
and they refused to refund me but refunded everyone else

like wtf dude i had like 8 gnomes

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im still salty that all the containers got wiped and i lost all of my shit
and they refused to refund me but refunded everyone else

like wtf dude i had like 8 gnomes

lmao that was weekly

i remember when i forcefed a plastic crow my own finger like that fucking video on youtube cuz i critted with a melee attack

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
lmao that was weekly

i remember when i forcefed a plastic crow my own finger like that fucking video on youtube cuz i critted with a melee attack
i quit for a few reasons
1: drpepper
2: there were drpepper-alikes there
3: the staff didnt do shit
4: fucking plastic
5: im apparently not allowed to use my car to crash into a building to destroy a bunch of toy soldier plastic men
even though i fucking /me'd it what the fuck man

i do remember this one time that my plastic toy soldier man character was like
'i do as told'
'i have no sense of morality'
'i am neutral man'
and he gets told 'hey yo man go kill some black guy and a 15 year old' and i just fucking
i planted a bomb in his car and when they were driving to town it exploded and they died
i was fucking pissing myself dude it was so funny

anyway this is probably off topic
shit was funny but the staff was aids and the lore made like 0% sense

too many child chars too

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i quit for a few reasons
1: drpepper
2: there were drpepper-alikes there
3: the staff didnt do shit
4: fucking plastic
5: im apparently not allowed to use my car to crash into a building to destroy a bunch of toy soldier plastic men
even though i fucking /me'd it what the fuck man

i do remember this one time that my plastic toy soldier man character was like
'i do as told'
'i have no sense of morality'
'i am neutral man'
and he gets told 'hey yo man go kill some black guy and a 15 year old' and i just fucking
i planted a bomb in his car and when they were driving to town it exploded and they died
i was fucking pissing myself dude it was so funny

anyway this is probably off topic
shit was funny but the staff was aids and the lore made like 0% sense

too many child chars too

what lore

that was literally the point of the server lmfao

the owner iirc just made things up as he went along and because it was all batshit crazy it was known as a horror rp

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
what lore

that was literally the point of the server lmfao

the owner iirc just made things up as he went along and because it was all batshit crazy it was known as a horror rp
'horror'
sorry what fucking horror
the most horrifying thing i saw was alexis

also i think the story was
'lol you went through a door in a dream now you're here'
or
'you saw a man in a suit and he threw you in a hole in real life'
and you could like
master the fucking dimensions and shit and come and go as you wanted
you could enter when you died or just fucking for no reason and plastics had human souls in them except when they didn't and were also dead people but confirmed to be not that but also sometimes that.

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
giphy.webp

sorry op but i needed somewhere to post this

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
man why cant we just do something else or change hl2rp up
why always city? hl2 could be interesting as fuck but nah lets stick to the city where you can talk to :heyzeus: and shit

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
And Begotten was a locked gamemode open only on set intervals, IIRC. Another horror-ish gamemode I can remember was something called Respite, I think? Idk, @TheSandiestcomet recommended it to me, he probably knows more. And yeah, that gamemode died too.

But I agree, some unique ip would be dope as hell.
man fuck gunsmoke3 was mad fun i played with crash and we came on early and duped money and became ying and yang the two :heyzeus: mercs
died when an admin did an event where someone who tried to be a white-knight got a bounty on them and when we tried to play both sides i.e grab the btich say "we'll protect u if u pay us" and then bring her to the dude turnt bad and we ended up dying
after that i would just make scumbag characters buy a gun and mug people

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
man fuck gunsmoke3 was mad fun i played with crash and we came on early and duped money and became ying and yang the two :heyzeus: mercs
died when an admin did an event where someone who tried to be a white-knight got a bounty on them and when we tried to play both sides i.e grab the btich say "we'll protect u if u pay us" and then bring her to the dude turnt bad and we ended up dying
after that i would just make scumbag characters buy a gun and mug people

space benidorm

Spork

Proton
Nebulae
Been HL2RPing since early 2011, and honestly, it's always been less about the calibre of the RP and more about who can drop the funniest one liner in global OOC.
Because they are the most popular.