Serious WW1RP; Good or Bad?

WW1RP; Good or Bad?

• Total voters

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Meh, I'll keep it short, and might add more later or another day.
A key difference I found between WW3 RP and HL2 RP is the degree of quality, and seriousness invested into the factions.
Small factions such as UM were operated far more seriously than any of the WW3 RP branches, even the main factions.
@SLATKI-SAN The First has good points in his discussion, i.e. fresh playerbase.
It was essentially our choice to turn WW3 RP into the gutter, stemming from simplistic systems where patrol performance/shooting ability was rewarded as opposed to roleplay contribution.
WW3 RP was an awesome gamemode pre Alaska, roleplay was thriving alongside the S2K aspect, and it wasn't forced.

Changing lore, and adding good staff does fuck all.
Good faction management is key.

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
Changing lore, and adding good staff does fuck all.
Good faction management is key.
tbh all of that is required to keep the playerbase in check
i loved ww3rp and had been contemplating even returning to it just before it died, as i'd gone on a hiatus but there were just too many underlying problems.
i don't think you can blame it on a single thing, whether it's staff, gamemode itself, playerbase, coders, or whatever the fuck, since there were huge issues everywhere; i won't name anyone but there were staff blatantly abusing their powers simply cause they had friends online, the players were generally toxic, circlejerk ran amock, the server itself provides a bit too much s2k possibilities, etc.
if you wanna go ahead and try remaking it, sure. but beware that holy shit would that road be thorny

Reactions: List

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
If we're ever going to bring back WW3RP (Which I doubt) then let's carry on with the original plan for the lore rather than starting from scratch, make sure the story of the 1990 lore gets wrapped up.

D

Deleted member 1381

WW2RP

people will say it won't work and I won't bother arguing because they're not going to change their opinion but it will work

Nebulae
WW2RP

people will say it won't work and I won't bother arguing because they're not going to change their opinion but it will work
If it's gonna work, they'd need to fix or the problems of unbalanced teams that happened in the last generations event that's for damn sure. Stick true to the use of weapons, mainly rifles, semi-auto or single action. Machine guns for engineers? make SMGs expensive? I don't know, but all I can say is that it MIGHT work.

If we were to go ahead with it, what theater might it be set in?

D

Deleted member 1381

If it's gonna work, they'd need to fix or the problems of unbalanced teams that happened in the last generations event that's for damn sure. Stick true to the use of weapons, mainly rifles, semi-auto or single action. Machine guns for engineers? make SMGs expensive? I don't know, but all I can say is that it MIGHT work.

If we were to go ahead with it, what theater might it be set in?

western front is overused, but still fun. people want a change though

eastern front would be fun

north africa would be fun and could work

pacific theatre, fun but lack of content(mainly maps) although i dont think many people will be bothered about maps as long as they're marginally similar to a pacific island

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tank battles at kurks yesss
LuL good luck doing that on Gmod

been saying it for ages

large scale combat that ww3rp tried to replicate in operations can only be done on stuff like arma (which has plenty of conversion/overhaul mods for vietnam, ww2, korean war etc.)

D

Deleted member 1381

LuL good luck doing that on Gmod

been saying it for ages

large scale combat that ww3rp tried to replicate in operations can only be done on stuff like arma (which has plenty of conversion/overhaul mods for vietnam, ww2, korean war etc.)
:(

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
DA4EfwzXoAEMOvD.jpg

943.jpg

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
one of the reasons I have wanted to go to ww2/ww1 for a RP schema here is because of how it'd change radios.

Instead of everyone packing a radio on them at all times that keeps everyone in the loop at all times, one player has to sacrifice a large amount of weight to carry a radio setup on their back, slowing them down and limiting what they can carry. but becoming the backbone of a team simply because of how important they are for communications now.

Mix that with a main radio operator back in the FOB who listens in on the reports, and if they're a NCO, giving out orders based on verbal messages as their only knowledge on the situation.

that and if you happen to get separated from your team, going MIA is actually a thing, since unless you was the radio operator, you are completely cut off from your allies and have to risk either running on the battlefield alone, calling out for help or lighting a distress flare, which could attract the enemy as much as it could attract your allies.

also bolt action and single fire rifles in a scenario where body Armour is non existent aside from helmets and you have a situation where your shots count and can't rely on volume of fire to best your enemies.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
it never ceases to amaze me that you are from one of the most self sustainable, honourable countries in the entirety of europe with a cool history and you shill yourself out to cringe ass anime
I could also play Fortnite. Everybody their own thing right. Some enjoy wierd as shit like roleplay. So who am I to judge that as well. If you have to explain somebody why you enjoy writing detailed /me's on a GMod server you wouldn't be able to answer that would you? I love my country and I love my anime. Who am I to judge people like to dress up and go to convention and cosplay. If they enjoy it they are not hurting anybody right?

D

Deleted member 1381

WW2RP probably isnt gonna happen on neb so if you wanna see a server go up best to ask someone you know who already runs a community