Serious WW1RP; Good or Bad?

WW1RP; Good or Bad?

• Total voters

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I could also play Fortnite. Everybody their own thing right. Some enjoy wierd as shit like roleplay. So who am I to judge that as well. If you have to explain somebody why you enjoy writing detailed /me's on a GMod server you wouldn't be able to answer that would you? I love my country and I love my anime. Who am I to judge people like to dress up and go to convention and cosplay. If they enjoy it they are not hurting anybody right?
anime fags

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
one of the reasons I have wanted to go to ww2/ww1 for a RP schema here is because of how it'd change radios.

Instead of everyone packing a radio on them at all times that keeps everyone in the loop at all times, one player has to sacrifice a large amount of weight to carry a radio setup on their back, slowing them down and limiting what they can carry. but becoming the backbone of a team simply because of how important they are for communications now.

Mix that with a main radio operator back in the FOB who listens in on the reports, and if they're a NCO, giving out orders based on verbal messages as their only knowledge on the situation.

that and if you happen to get separated from your team, going MIA is actually a thing, since unless you was the radio operator, you are completely cut off from your allies and have to risk either running on the battlefield alone, calling out for help or lighting a distress flare, which could attract the enemy as much as it could attract your allies.
i think this was meant to happen during generations as well but for some reason it didn't quite work out, afaik. then again the whole event was a shitfest so

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
i think this was meant to happen during generations as well but for some reason it didn't quite work out, afaik. then again the whole event was a shitfest so

Base radio operators and such were present to some degree, quickly became redundant since virtually every team had their own discord and those we did see on the official teamspeak generally couldn't be bothered to use radios. Shame really, as we had a functional radiopack system.

The entire radioman concept wont work as long as the playerbase remains VOIP-centered and generally doesn't care beyond their own convenience.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
Base radio operators and such were present to some degree, quickly became redundant since virtually every team had their own discord and those we did see on the official teamspeak generally couldn't be bothered to use radios. Shame really, as we had a functional radiopack system.

The entire radioman concept wont work as long as the playerbase remains VOIP-centered and generally doesn't care beyond their own convenience.
I always rather radiod myself then have Pvt. John Smith who never saw any enemies 6 feet infront of him do it. Since being to late with call outs will get you killed in any game.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
The missing aspect which would'ave made WW3RP the perfect server faction management, just like @Legolas said.
I remember asking a NATO officer (won't say names cuz drama) about the NATO enlisted being memey and how we can enforce RP on them. This is the reply I got:

"We can't force the players to be serious. If they're bad at RP and just want to S2K, it's a good thing they're not officers."

If we do get WW3RP back at some point, It would be good to have a reset and just start from the zero.

Reactions: List

SorrowPL

Neutrino
Nebulae
I think that the server would be nice for starters for a while, but then the reality of trench life would get too boring and the server would die out.