WW3RP in ArmA 3?

Are you interested in trying this concept out yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So

the big question

ACRE or TFAR

and if ACRE ( the correct choice!! ), babel, or no babel
every community ive played on with tfar has had issues with radios randomly breaking on people. it just isnt something you should put up for debate, its just a shit radio mod

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
TFAR can't handle itself brother, it glitched with even me and my pals playing some games while being like 6-7 people, it's crazy.
Surprised nobody has integrated Mumble for Arma, in FiveM the Mumble client is built in so the players don’t even need to download it/know it’s even there which is what it uses for voip and special audio.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Surprised nobody has integrated Mumble for Arma, in FiveM the Mumble client is built in so the players don’t even need to download it/know it’s even there which is what it uses for voip and special audio.

Idk probably not an easy way to do it or, no clue, maybe it works best separately through TS, or just a long time tradition to use TS

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
probably not gonna happen

given the age of arma that's not feasable at the moment
making a mod for it just kinda defeats the purpose since we already have acre

also idk how the licensing'd work ( if there is any ), since i know bohemia take licensing very seriously (to the point where in a more private community of units rips such as TFL and other shit isn't allowed at all because of bohemia involvement in that community)

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
probably not gonna happen

given the age of arma that's not feasable at the moment
making a mod for it just kinda defeats the purpose since we already have acre

also idk how the licensing'd work ( if there is any ), since i know bohemia take licensing very seriously (to the point where in a more private community of units rips such as TFL and other shit isn't allowed at all because of bohemia involvement in that community)
Well the purpose is that Mumble is a better client for this use case, it also doesn’t require any license for more than 32 slots on a server and already supports spatial audio.

There’s no reason it can’t use it, in reality it’s the better way of doing voip because of how easily integrated it is in comparison.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Well the purpose is that Mumble is a better client for this use case, it also doesn’t require any license for more than 32 slots on a server and already supports spatial audio.

There’s no reason it can’t use it, in reality it’s the better way of doing voip because of how easily integrated it is in comparison.
I mean people do a lot more than 32 slots - and also that'd mean bohemia'd have to pay for licensing for a few good servers because i can tell you right now i doubt they'd pay much more.

Also ACRE isn't a bad way of doing VOIP given it autoinstalls into TS. If I talk to Justin any time in the near future I will pose the question, but I am of belief that ArmA 3 is coming to end of life soon, given Arma 4 will come soon, and those that do big servers utilize TFAR, ACRE, or just standard Arma VOIP.

Most big servers that aren't that bad actually use TFAR or ACRE as it just is more reliable than a new client. It may be easier to implement. Also in comparison to what is it more easily integrated

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I mean people do a lot more than 32 slots - and also that'd mean bohemia'd have to pay for licensing for a few good servers because i can tell you right now i doubt they'd pay much more.

Also ACRE isn't a bad way of doing VOIP given it autoinstalls into TS. If I talk to Justin any time in the near future I will pose the question, but I am of belief that ArmA 3 is coming to end of life soon, given Arma 4 will come soon, and those that do big servers utilize TFAR, ACRE, or just standard Arma VOIP.

Most big servers that aren't that bad actually use TFAR or ACRE as it just is more reliable than a new client. It may be easier to implement. Also in comparison to what is it more easily integrated
he said you dont have to license for more than 32 people

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
he said you dont have to license for more than 32 people
i can read. I am just saying bohemia hosts some servers bigger than 32 people, and to implement it in the game for people to host servers, either they'd pay it or no one'd pay it, because people would go to ACRE or TFAR.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i can read. I am just saying bohemia hosts some servers bigger than 32 people, and to implement it in the game for people to host servers, either they'd pay it or no one'd pay it, because people would go to ACRE or TFAR.
what are they paying for

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
....for the license? what else would be for payment here.
There is no need for a license. Mumble is free to integrate and host a server for with unlimited slots.

TeamSpeak requires a paid license for 32+ slots, Mumble does not but had the same codecs and 3d audio.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
There is no need for a license. Mumble is free to integrate and host a server for with unlimited slots.

TeamSpeak requires a paid license for 32+ slots, Mumble does not but had the same codecs and 3d audio.
Does it support plugins too? If so it might even be doable