News WW3RP - Summer Edition

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
i was big time SF fan but honestly may just be able to avoid a lot of the toxicity that came with old style WW3RP by not having SF as a playable faction anymore
SF is still kinda there, just shifted roles and tasks to something that is actually useful besides being 'the guys good at s2k'

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
bringing back both 'neutered' SF and MP's is asking for things to go wrong

just saying

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
"Like previous iterations, the "neutrals" will be an open-to-all faction that is completely free aside from some basic gameplay and balancing rules. This provides players the opportunity to create unique characters and either be the 'innocent bystander' just surviving or an independent or aligned gunman fighting the war by himself or with associates."

Should p much sum it up
does this means civilian militias (either neutral, or nato/coalition) can exist?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
General PSA-thingy:

Since we're about two weeks away from launch we intend to steadily sort out the factions. So if you want to get a head start on positions/ranks in either faction, write up character stuff, get auths in advance to server open, apply for stuff or anything else: make sure to check out the proper sections in the sub-forum.

Reactions: List

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
Question, are the characters from previous interpretations still open to us like they were last time WW3RP was up?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
World war 3, more like world war 9 at this point

and more importantly, is this going to take any development effort away from GTA5RP

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Question, are the characters from previous interpretations still open to us like they were last time WW3RP was up?
Negative, since we went all-out with spreading big ass guns and equipment we decided to wipe the database clean so we can control and build stuff from the ground up again.

Also some dev stuff required a database wipe

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
World war 3, more like world war 9 at this point

and more importantly, is this going to take any development effort away from GTA5RP
Development is already finished and aside from some assistance most of it was done without taking people away from GTA. So nothing to worry about

Mike65536

Nebulae
Negative, since we went all-out with spreading big ass guns and equipment we decided to wipe the database clean so we can control and build stuff from the ground up again.

Cool. Also if I'm reading this right, the local population will be Americans since we're doing the battle of New York City first? Is there the possibility of recruitment drives for NATO seeing as how the local population is shifted? (I know it's not really needed considering all the factions are open anyway but it would be a cool detail.)

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Cool. Also if I'm reading this right, the local population will be Americans since we're doing the battle of New York City first? Is there the possibility of recruitment drives for NATO seeing as how the local population is shifted? (I know it's not really needed considering all the factions are open anyway but it would be a cool detail.)
Iā€™m not opposed but that should be an entirely IC thing

Mike65536

Nebulae

One last question on this. Are weapon and material spawns going to reflect the location in which events take place? For example, guns would be more plentiful in New York as opposed to say Germany or other European countries. This question goes for both initially while we're in the US and post battle of NYC should we move to a European setting.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
armydog3.png
f3c1fc8f77612e886985d8da419523d9.png

catch me on that dog whitelist