WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teoras

Proton
Nebulae
i was allowed to keep this one time
2C5A412118569B3E24AEF3E52C4A6784534F0E1E
Man, I miss Turkey so much. IMO this was the best map ever used, and it didnt get boring after two campaigns

Feedmeyourcows

Electron
Nebulae
Will we have to go though training again or the people who actually know how ww3rp works will skip the recruitment training, Or will it be a starter event where all the recruits get trained ?

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Will we have to go though training again or the people who actually know how ww3rp works will skip the recruitment training, Or will it be a starter event where all the recruits get trained ?
i mean for a roleplay server it'd be funny to skip arguably the most important bit of rp wouldn't you say?

lpriml

Proton
Nebulae
Going to quote @Cerberus here on something which needs to happen on the new WW3RP server.

"I think the way civilians are approached needs to change, if you make a civilian character you kinda have to accept the main reason you exist is to create atmosphere for the soldiers, its been proven that creating a full fledged faction out of civilians doesn't really work (would help if there was an actual civilian lead but I can't blame the SDs for prioritising other aspects of the set-up) in part due to the fact there aren't a lot of civilians really, what little civilians exist usually don't act like civilians, and well your time for character development is limited due to the fact every time there's a change in the map you kinda need to change your character as well, unless you create a bullshit excuse why your character still exists, hell even creating excuses for your character moving from place to place within the same country is pretty difficult"

Civs is a tough faction to have in a WW3 setting. They couldn't go to the bases a lot of the time and they often got in the way during patrols. I asked for a base towards the end so they would have a safe space to go without getting their RP interrupted by people who were s2k hungry, but at that point there were very little civs left, and neither side followed Geneva in Panama 2.0, which is why I removed ICRC.

It's actually tough keeping a balance, people ask for guns for protection, and I couldn't really stop them from picking up guns on the field. I changed the rules so they weren't allowed guns, but it didn't go over well, so I changed it again and that didn't go over well.

I'm the first to admit I'm terrible coming up with events, and when other staff did there wasn't ever any civs on or interest in it. There was nothing for them to do, really. I know crafting always gets brushed aside but I'm always going to advocate for it in one sense or another, and I don't mean stuff spawning all over the map.

It also didn't help that civilian was a paid faction.

But if they come back, what I had wanted to do before I finally gave up entirely was to do a sort of refugee camp, without ICRC. Because that's essentially what they are, maybe a peace corps pops in from the Globalists every now and again to offer aid in some way. But, idk if it should be the free for all it had once been, and on the other hand that could be seen as stifling RP, which I'm not for. I just don't know how the faction would survive, they always had been the least important faction for the server (understandably) and because of that they suffered.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Rarmir

domestic abuse offender
Nebulae
Civs is a tough faction to have in a WW3 setting. They couldn't go to the bases a lot of the time and they often got in the way during patrols. I asked for a base towards the end so they would have a safe space to go without getting their RP interrupted by people who were s2k hungry, but at that point there were very little civs left, and neither side followed Geneva in Panama 2.0, which is why I removed ICRC.

It's actually tough keeping a balance, people ask for guns for protection, and I couldn't really stop them from picking up guns on the field. I changed the rules so they weren't allowed guns, but it didn't go ober well, do I changed it again and that didn't go over well.

I'm the first to admit I'm terrible coming up with events, and when other staff did there wasn't ever any civs on or interest in it. There was nothing for them to do, really. I know crafting always gets brushed aside but I'm always going to advocate for it in one sense or another, and I don't mean stuff spawning all over the map.

But if they come back, what I had wanted to do before I finally gave up entirely was to do a sort of refugee camp, without ICRC. Because that's essentially what they are, maybe a peace corps pops in from the Globalists every now and again to offer aid in some way. But, idk if it should be the free for all it had once been, and on the other hand that could be seen as stifling RP, which I'm not for. I just don't know how the faction would survive, they always had been the least important faction for the surver (understandably) and because of that they suffered.
icrc was too stale imo. made a camp then i literally never seen them do anything else then just continue to be 'prepared'.
even the members were inactive when i was just going around and rping with each factions until :heyzeus: @Oxy[Morons] got me in globs.

imo if civs come back, they should just be scattered yet have a single designated spot/area which they can call a safezone, which is what icrc kinda tried to do but then it fell apart. you weren't a bad civ lead, it's just that you lacked active players and ideas i suppose, since it was just all of us reliable on ourselves - having no guidance which kind of gave the atmosphere of a civ amongst warzone, simply lost, though it also most likely drained all interest from some individuals.

if i didn't join globs, i would prob still be a civ

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
i wannabe marines this time army is gay
if u want everyone to be restricted to only american characters

marines are shit though, retarded idiots who fuck up every operation they're involved in, they're only viewed in a good light because of propaganda

Cookies

Comin' Straight from the Cookie Jar!
Nebulae
icrc was too stale imo. made a camp then i literally never seen them do anything else then just continue to be 'prepared'.
even the members were inactive when i was just going around and rping with each factions until :heyzeus: @Oxy[Morons] got me in globs.

imo if civs come back, they should just be scattered yet have a single designated spot/area which they can call a safezone, which is what icrc kinda tried to do but then it fell apart. you weren't a bad civ lead, it's just that you lacked active players and ideas i suppose, since it was just all of us reliable on ourselves - having no guidance which kind of gave the atmosphere of a civ amongst warzone, simply lost, though it also most likely drained all interest from some individuals.

if i didn't join globs, i would prob still be a civ

It could be something like This War of Mine.

I really liked that.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae

It's actually tough keeping a balance, people ask for guns for protection, and I couldn't really stop them from picking up guns on the field. I changed the rules so they weren't allowed guns, but it didn't go over well, so I changed it again and that didn't go over well.

But if they come back, what I had wanted to do before I finally gave up entirely was to do a sort of refugee camp, without ICRC. Because that's essentially what they are, maybe a peace corps pops in from the Globalists every now and again to offer aid in some way. But, idk if it should be the free for all it had once been, and on the other hand that could be seen as stifling RP, which I'm not for. I just don't know how the faction would survive, they always had been the least important faction for the server (understandably) and because of that they suffered.
imo the best time I had with a civilian was during that Imperial event when @Snowl set up that event with civs rioting outside the glob base and then it ended up turning into a really violent bloodbath,

that or slav soup....

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
It could be something like This War of Mine.
As much as I'd find that amazing, the playerbase here isnt exactly one for such things, and after the shitshow that was the Civ Faction back at LP, there isnt much of a point in having it. Both Factions pretty much restricted Civs from doing just about doing anything that wasn't breathing, they got in the way of a large amount of Faction-Based activities such as Patrols, Recon , S2K, and were overall just a thing that existed within the code. Militia was, and will be, more interesting simply because of the Interaction that you achieve between Globs and Coals, whereas Civs literally ended up getting Shot or Detained for merely being in Eyesight of a Faction Base

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Literally the most annoying things in the world to shoot were those people be like "enginere shoot tha thing down with a rocket" and it would go somewhat like this

download-3.gif
Then you'd try and shoot it with your rifle, you'd knock it down and get classed as a hero then you'd get kicked as "No small arms on aircraft"

Status
Not open for further replies.