XenForo 2 Feedback

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Well to be fair there is the history option for mods, you could just revert it back to the original version and just add that editing for a tantrum and dumbass reason is a rule break, and then simply revert back the edit post and ban the guy.

Still I can understand it could be some work for the mods but It is pretty useful to edit stuff since it's important for a lot of threads.
Sometimes the history doesn’t let you revert because of the thread age.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sometimes the history doesn’t let you revert because of the thread age.
Fair, but is it possible to allow thread OP's to be able to be edited as far back as they like? Then that way you don't have to worry about crucial threads because they should be made by people who are reliable

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Fair, but is it possible to allow thread OP's to be able to be edited as far back as they like? Then that way you don't have to worry about crucial threads because they should be made by people who are reliable
No, it's a setting for editing in general.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
No, it's a setting for editing in general.
welp, then is it really worth it? I've honestly never seen an instance of what you're talking about in all honesty, so if it has happened it must've just been one person at most, surely? And did they cause that much damage that it's worth hamstringing everyone elses ability to have good threads?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
welp, then is it really worth it? I've honestly never seen an instance of what you're talking about in all honesty, so if it has happened it must've just been one person at most, surely? And did they cause that much damage that it's worth hamstringing everyone elses ability to have good threads?
It's happened far more than once to threads that were critical to factions and people have had to use the web archive to remake the thread.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's happened far more than once to threads that were critical to factions and people have had to use the web archive to remake the thread.
Then have staff, or trusted people do it? I know it might make delays but one bottleneck over dozens would surely be better, right?

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Then have staff, or trusted people do it? I know it might make delays but one bottleneck over dozens would surely be better, right?
Reserve a couple replies on your thread if it's going to have new information added to it months down the road

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
please re-add post merging, at the moment it looks like im a spammer and not some crazed adhd / bad speller man who instead of writing and planning on what to say he instead write something, says oh shit I missed out this and then repeat.

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
Please add the merge post thing again, so it doesn't look like I am a rambling, spamming, crazed man. Instead it looks like I have adhd and it all merged into one!

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
okay so a problem which is really bugging me rn is that if you have a space between your paragraphs, and at any point during the first line backspace, it will collapse the gap between them.

So for instance, if I were to press backspace right NOW while typing this paragraph (just tested it once twice three four five six (typing is hard) times by accident typing this) it will collapse the gap between them, forcing you to redo the gap.

Please fix this, I like my for - fuck just messed up and it broke the fucking gap again - matting

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
okay so a problem which is really bugging me rn is that if you have a space between your paragraphs, and at any point during the first line backspace, it will collapse the gap between them.

So for instance, if I were to press backspace right NOW while typing this paragraph (just tested it once twice three four five six (typing is hard) times by accident typing this) it will collapse the gap between them, forcing you to redo the gap.

Please fix this, I like my for - fuck just messed up and it broke the fucking gap again - matting
doesnt do it for me

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Am I being foolish, or has the option to view threads started by you vanished because all I can do now is seemingly look at posts. Before you'd be able to go onto your profile, go to posts and then view threads you'd started but I can't seem to do that any more?

EDIT: Never mind, it's been moved to a little "find" button on the profile now

Last edited:
Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Am I being foolish, or has the option to view threads started by you vanished because all I can do now is seemingly look at posts. Before you'd be able to go onto your profile, go to posts and then view threads you'd started but I can't seem to do that any more?

EDIT: Never mind, it's been moved to a little "find" button on the profile now
4CYuCHo.png

For others looking for this.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This may have been answered before, im confidence it may have been, but why can't we edit OP's on a thread after acertain time, i dun wanna have to make external docs to satiate my rosterrrrrsss