Zombine's Coding Cabana

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
working on R6 Siege/Watch_Dogs camera thing for Dispatch and CPs to use.

the cameras can be destroyed and CPs must come repair them.
the cameras will also passively spot ILLEGAL ACTIVITY and report it to cops if no one is using the camera to view.

Last edited:

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
working on RS6 Siege/Watch_Dogs camera thing for Dispatch and CPs to use.

the cameras can be destroyed and CPs must come repair them.
the cameras will also passively spot ILLEGAL ACTIVITY and report it to cops if no one is using the camera to view.

Reactions: List

Zombine

Nebulae
after sorting through at least 300 sound files, I found the sound from R6S.
also made progress on the camera jumping. aim at a nearby camera and left click to jump to it if it's not occupied. working on adding halos through walls so you can see them, as well as a little infobox that pops up when you look near a camera so you can see if it's occupied + what it's named.

EDIT:

When a camera is destroyed, CPs see this icon
hl2-12.01.17320.jpg

hl2-12.01.17319.jpg

Last edited:

Zombine

Nebulae
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you lied to me :(

server doesn't have the model installed, not something i can control
[doublepost=1484326171][/doublepost]
Can CWU's also repair them?
no because ICly that means CWU has the schematics to combine camera technology. pretty sure the union wouldn't like that.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
since you guys are always like "i waNNA MAKE DOOR DIIFRUNT" for the portal doors...

@Evil @Zak @whoeverelsewasasking
Would be pretty freaking awesome if there was an optional ability to attach sounds to the portals. Might jsut be my opinion, but it'd be a bit more immersive to have some satisfying sounds of cupboards being opened / doors creaking / locks being unlocked as the screen fades to black.

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
no because ICly that means CWU has the schematics to combine camera technology. pretty sure the union wouldn't like that.
Wel uh, CWU's were fixing broken Cremators afaik. Correct me if I am wrong @FieldersNL

Zombine

Nebulae
Wel uh, CWU's were fixing broken Cremators afaik. Correct me if I am wrong @FieldersNL
part of me wants to cringe but the other part acknowledges that cremators are assembled by children as per beta lore, so it's understandable you know how they work, sort of.

but cameras are a definite no.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Well tbh the way CWU repairs cremators is essentiall ''take off bit, take out other bit, click on buttons on other bit, insert other bit and put head on''

Nothing really intricate that'd require extensive knowledge

Nebulae
i always assumed cremators were filthy tall amalgamations of flesh, the kids in the factory only made the heads afaik.

Zombine

Nebulae
ok, camera system now interfaces with the combine visor. viewing through a camera will reveal info about anyone you look at, as if you are playing on a Dispatch character.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
ok, camera system now interfaces with the combine visor. viewing through a camera will reveal info about anyone you look at, as if you are playing on a Dispatch character.

kewl
could camera turrets be a thing?
not for all but for some cameras.