Zombine's Coding Cabana

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
you just replace the animation

but our animations are for ragdolls iirc, not the playermodels which sandbox uses so idk if you can do it or not

Very close. Our animation system works with the old ragdoll skeleton, used by all of the NPC models, and in older releases of Garry's Mod.

All models used for "player models" by GMod have like, 10 extra bones or something, along with different animations compiled into them.

But I was asking if we could move it over, as in if we could change the current animation to at least resemble the screencap I provided.
I'm unsure of the difficulty or skill required to complete such a task, so I was asking Zombine if there was a simple way to take on this obstacle.

Clockwork translates all incoming animations into the proper animation corresponding to what the NPC model would use.
Since crouching and shooting isn't in the behavior of NPCs, excluding Combine, there is no corresponding animation for it, as Valve never made one. Each skeleton (male, female, combine soldier, metropolice, etc) has its own set of animations, and since the models we use don't use the player skeleton, the animation set is different.

If you go into singleplayer, set your model to an old-skeleton model, like the ones we use, you'll t-pose, but type in console

lua_run_cl PrintTable(LocalPlayer():GetSequenceList())

and a list of all animations that model has will be spewed out. If it isn't on that list, it can't be used.

Reactions: List

Edd

Proton
Nebulae
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/animsitchair

animsitchair will also play for humans when sitting in a vehicle!

/animsitchair 1 to do the cross-legged pose

Slight problem with this: On most furniture props the /animsitchair doesn't work that well, as it just looks like the character is sitting in air or unnaturally (especially /animsitchair 1).

Do you think it is possible to edit the animation so that it happens a few feet behind the character?

Zombine

Nebulae
Making flares for FTRP!

Generic flares + flares that call in airdrops!

hl2-03.06.1678.png

Zombine

Nebulae
YO so I made SWEPs for the aforementioned flares, along with new colors.

Demo of the SWEP, ignore music, I don't like having to pause it just to record a video.
Also, the gross blue hand things wont be there in CW.

Left click to chuck a flare, right click to toss one in front of you, crouch and right click to be a ninja and roll it along the floor in front of you.
Then, something I know people wanted on Outlands, you can press reload to light the flare in your hand. If you have a flare lit and in your hand, the SWEP behavior changes a bit:
Left click and right click will do what you'd expect, but using the flare you have lit instead, and will not consume ammo. Pressing reload or switching weapons will simply drop the flare. The flare will also automatically drop if it burns out.

Colors:
hl2-06.06.1680.png

Blue and green are the brightest, red is average, and purple is less bright.

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
YO so I made SWEPs for the aforementioned flares, along with new colors.

Demo of the SWEP, ignore music, I don't like having to pause it just to record a video.
Also, the gross blue hand things wont be there in CW.

Left click to chuck a flare, right click to toss one in front of you, crouch and right click to be a ninja and roll it along the floor in front of you.
Then, something I know people wanted on Outlands, you can press reload to light the flare in your hand. If you have a flare lit and in your hand, the SWEP behavior changes a bit:
Left click and right click will do what you'd expect, but using the flare you have lit instead, and will not consume ammo. Pressing reload or switching weapons will simply drop the flare. The flare will also automatically drop if it burns out.

Colors:
hl2-06.06.1680.png

Blue and green are the brightest, red is average, and purple is less bright.
I´d like to have an orange one... But, your work is awesome, no need to make such thing. But I´m still suggesting that later, when you have time, you could make more colors.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
@Zombine

Considering what you did with the "Grenade!" callout and messages that come up...

Would you be able to have a CP "call out" via <:: Text chat ::> to the top left what is happening to them if X happens?

For example, if a CP unit just got shot, it would display <:: Anti-Citizen with illegal carrying conducting assault on civil protection team member ::> or something fancy, idfk. If it was a melee weapon it would say something else but you get the drift.

It is probably annoying to those who play MPF characters to see "Unit is injured" in big bold lettering on the top left yet never saying why they are and having ROOC calls outs of "FAKE!? REAL!?" when the unit just suffered some fall damage and thats it.

Just a thought.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
@Zombine

Considering what you did with the "Grenade!" callout and messages that come up...

Would you be able to have a CP "call out" via <:: Text chat ::> to the top left what is happening to them if X happens?

For example, if a CP unit just got shot, it would display <:: Anti-Citizen with illegal carrying conducting assault on civil protection team member ::> or something fancy, idfk. If it was a melee weapon it would say something else but you get the drift.

It is probably annoying to those who play MPF characters to see "Unit is injured" in big bold lettering on the top left yet never saying why they are and having ROOC calls outs of "FAKE!? REAL!?" when the unit just suffered some fall damage and thats it.

Just a thought.
well at the moment it just plays lines from sentences.txt which has a thing that automatically plays that grenade warning if a grenade lands within a certain radius of them

Gr4Ss

Proton
Nebulae

Just a thought.
I've just gone ahead and made a couple of changes:
  • Damage now no longer triggers a warning when a unit gets 'friendly fired' (aka attacked by another Combine player). The only warnings that happen now is damage from a non-Combine player, so you should likely respond to it (unless it is a punchwhore or so).
  • Deaths where it was not a player and not an NPC that dealt the final blow will now have an orange biosignal loss warning and waypoint. Should make it easy to tell if worldspawn or some evil map element struck again or if it was a player. Basically orange = likely nothing, red = shit your pants.
Should help already.

Zombine

Nebulae
WEW so I decided to remake my workshop forcefield addon because it's terrible and I can't believe so many people still use it.

They're functionally similar to the ones I made for our HL2RP server, but these don't use Clockwork, instead relying on a menu the creator uses.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
WEW so I decided to remake my workshop forcefield addon because it's terrible and I can't believe so many people still use it.

They're functionally similar to the ones I made for our HL2RP server, but these don't use Clockwork, instead relying on a menu the creator uses.

Bro.

Video is corrupt for me; literally says on the video message. Dunno if its because I am from maple syrup land or if its something on your side.