Zombine's Coding Cabana

Mandalore

Proton
Nebulae
@Zombine out of curiosity, would it be possible to code in injury effects? for the record, I mean things like bleeding out and having bloodstains progressively appear on limbs with open wounds.

You can actually just role play that. You can see where you've been shot when you mouse over the limbs/body when you hold down F1. Not really difficult to extrapolate what kind of injuries you've sustained when your torso is down to 0% and you're at like 10% HP.

EDIT:

Death. You'd be close to death. And honestly it's up to you or an SA at that point to determine whether you actually survive or not. If you just implement a bleed system which kills you without any form of RP then your character would rarely be PK eligible from sustained injuries. It would be useful for S2K scenarios where PK on death is a thing but not otherwise.

Reactions: List

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
@Mandalore

oh yeah i get that
just from a technical perspective though

im wondering if its possible

possible? probably.
efficient? absolutely not.

It would mean I store the location of every bullet hole on your body, then run a timer to progressively apply blood decals on it. The gain from that is nominal, so not worth it.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
possible? probably.
efficient? absolutely not.

It would mean I store the location of every bullet hole on your body, then run a timer to progressively apply blood decals on it. The gain from that is nominal, so not worth it.

huh, alright.

cool.

Mandalore

Proton
Nebulae
visuals would be cool

You already have the "The character is clearly injured." flavor text when you look at people. All you need to do is ask where they've been hit or something LOOC if you want to respond to it properly. Everything doesn't need triple A visuals.

Zombine

Nebulae
R U READY FOR LADDERS??????

Made a tool to place ladders and dismount points. Now you can finally climb that huge tower you made (and not fall off because your prop ladder was terrible)

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Making me hype up to learn this shit after finals

Keep up the good work Zombine

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/animsitchair

animsitchair will also play for humans when sitting in a vehicle!

/animsitchair 1 to do the cross-legged pose

make it so when a chair is spawned it gets ninja'd with a entity that automatically does all this when you hit e on it.

just a suggestion n all

Zombine

Nebulae
Why do that when I already made all vehicles play the sit anim

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
R U READY FOR LADDERS??????

Made a tool to place ladders and dismount points. Now you can finally climb that huge tower you made (and not fall off because your prop ladder was terrible)

FUCKING FINALLY.

No longer do I have to fear breaking my legs going down shitty as fuck ladders that barely work.

Zombine

Nebulae
Made some kind of shadow realm SWEP. Left click transports you to an ethereal plane of existence, where you can't be hurt or seen, and have faster run speed and higher jump power, at the cost of your ability to see well.

Right click lets you blink right behind an enemy.

Xyz

afk
Nebulae
Zombine, just a question.

Is there a way to change the animation for going crouch with a weapon?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment, this is the animation you do when you crouch and shoot. You curl up in a ball and begin shooting. This is really odd looking from someone else's perspective, and quite honestly, it secretly irritates the fuck out of me.
1d550c0e4b6581c3fee2d3b19f59b4bf.png

This is what I assume is supposed to be the normal animation. You just boot up single player, use a camera, and watch yourself crouch in a perfectly normal fashion. I don't know if there are issues with the framework that prevents this, but I thought I'd just pitch in a new idea that others might also find irritable.
A84FCE12340A903371E17CA50C96ED0AD4B8CD46

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Zombine, just a question.

Is there a way to change the animation for going crouch with a weapon?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment, this is the animation you do when you crouch and shoot. You curl up in a ball and begin shooting. This is really odd looking from someone else's perspective, and quite honestly, it secretly irritates the fuck out of me.
1d550c0e4b6581c3fee2d3b19f59b4bf.png

This is what I assume is supposed to be the normal animation. You just boot up single player, use a camera, and watch yourself crouch in a perfectly normal fashion. I don't know if there are issues with the framework that prevents this, but I thought I'd just pitch in a new idea that others might also find irritable.
A84FCE12340A903371E17CA50C96ED0AD4B8CD46
his private testing server runs ClockWork

your singleplayer runs sandbox

thus different animations and models are being used iirc

Xyz

afk
Nebulae
his private testing server runs ClockWork

your singleplayer runs sandbox

thus different animations and models are being used iirc

Yeah I mean I knew that. I could tell.

But I was asking if we could move it over, as in if we could change the current animation to at least resemble the screencap I provided.
I'm unsure of the difficulty or skill required to complete such a task, so I was asking Zombine if there was a simple way to take on this obstacle.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah I mean I knew that. I could tell.

But I was asking if we could move it over, as in if we could change the current animation to at least resemble the screencap I provided.
I'm unsure of the difficulty or skill required to complete such a task, so I was asking Zombine if there was a simple way to take on this obstacle.
you just replace the animation

but our animations are for ragdolls iirc, not the playermodels which sandbox uses so idk if you can do it or not