Serious A HL2RP² Critique: Why I no longer enjoy it as a rebel main

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So as for orders taking too long, we've given them the option to pay extra 'points' for same-day delivery or a little less for next-day, I'm pretty sure @ShockyC has been quite often (if not every single time actually iirc) using same day so I'm wonder if these delays are as a result of us not responding quick enough to their orders.
I make sure all of my orders with han were next day and it always took 2-3 days

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
better than no menu at all, and the server becoming pure pvp focused, cuz that's the only thing you can do independently
the key separation between people who complained that you "didn't need scripts to rp" and what you're talking about is that no one's ever going to code in a whole ton of useless scripts for the one-off chance someone tries peddling them, you can always use props and /it's. you can always talk people into buying the useless trash you wish to peddle, shocker.

linnitrix's iteration did not need 30 cooking recipes, it needed severe changes in how it was handled and as a result did not last for long despite promises to add more. a server cannot cater to the lowest denominator to add jank if it's in need of concrete, lasting change in policies and has a limit on people handling things.

the same is true here.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
is it just me or is one of these critique threads made like every iteration and basically says very similar things that were used to critique the last iteration

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
is it just me or is one of these critique threads made like every iteration and basically says very similar things that were used to critique the last iteration
there weren't demands to balance both factions, to readjust the cell system (which was not a thing then), locking weapons behind genemodding or restricting what you could use, so no.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
there weren't demands to balance both factions, to readjust the cell system (which was not a thing then), locking weapons behind genemodding or restricting what you could use, so no.
There's has always been talk since the beginning of hl2rp to balance rebels and/or combine, thats not anything new. The other three are the reasons why I said "very similar" not "exactly"

ShockyC

Neutrino
Nebulae
So as for orders taking too long, we've given them the option to pay extra 'points' for same-day delivery or a little less for next-day, I'm pretty sure @ShockyC has been quite often (if not every single time actually iirc) using same day so I'm wonder if these delays are as a result of us not responding quick enough to their orders.

Definitely understand the frustration of having to wait, it was basically a way of us implementing a point-sink which tbh doesn't actually seem to be working. It's possible we could just change it to a system where everything is same-day delivery if ordered before a certain time (some orders are made incredibly late in the night), but given that same-day tends to be used anyways, I think the problem may be with ourselves taking too long, but @ShockyC can probably add his experiences to this
I make sure all of my orders with han were next day and it always took 2-3 days

Its basically as mentioned first, there's about five or so designated staff that can resupply Merchants. Lately I've been having to deal with huge mega orders which mostly just drain my sanity by making me do a lot of math. Most of the time its me waiting for a staff to process and deliver said order, since I usually wait a day or two before bugging staff about it.

Nebulae
the key separation between people who complained that you "didn't need scripts to rp" and what you're talking about is that no one's ever going to code in a whole ton of useless scripts for the one-off chance someone tries peddling them, you can always use props and /it's. you can always talk people into buying the useless trash you wish to peddle, shocker.

linnitrix's iteration did not need 30 cooking recipes, it needed severe changes in how it was handled and as a result did not last for long despite promises to add more. a server cannot cater to the lowest denominator to add jank if it's in need of concrete, lasting change in policies and has a limit on people handling things.

the same is true here.
the key point about my post there, was making automation.
automated business menu, allowing more roles to be given in the control of players,
we put trust in the common player, to play their role of their choice, thus they can summon items, that promote rp.

you cannot rp without scripts,
you hear this from the number 1 player on the server that gives every script away for rp creation, and there's no one with less scripts than me (especially valuewise), that circulate around players.
yet, you cannot rp without scripts, it's still a video game, we eat visually.

if there was a simple tweaked business menu, and new custom flags to be added upon Char auth, such as a man that can ''craft furniture'' carpenter flags business menu, tailor flags (which i believe are already in) business menu for custom clothes, fisherman custom flags business menu spawning fish every x hours.

that promotes rp, that promotes server that lives from its players, and is less strictly reliant on beloved staff that i want them to experience rp too, rather than being forced to be in service 24/7

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Probably because said critique revolved sround s2k and items, which of course stems from the fact factional conflict is resolved through s2k like in old HL2RP. In a gamemode with limited inventory space, consumable items (that disappear after 1-3 uses) and equipped weapons dropping upon death, s2k and item complaints go hand in hand. If anything, such discussion would be even more prevalent in HL2RP² on the account of CityRP and all its lethargy no longer inhibiting people's ability to go shoot the opposing side.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
It's interesting, there's def a lot of similar complaints from when I was running things - I don't really have any opinions on the issues themselves since I'm uninvolved with the server itself but it's def interesting that there are echo'd complaints or sentiments from years passed.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Well thats mostly because the same problems carry over from iteration to iteration

(in various incarnations)

Nebulae
The server does lately feel like it's far more tailored towards the combine faction which shouldn't be the case, The combine should be losing at this point in the war yet they're curb stomping the rebels due to equipment superior support and structure. Keep in mind Icly there's no sense of disunity within the combine overwatch, In episode 1 the city fell and CPs were jumping ship fighting their way out of the city, Here we have OTA/CPs working hand in hand.
(AKs, G3s etc)
Out of everything they have the only people who get access to those are OTA And Rank Leaders. Majority of Civil Protection are locked to carrying either a USP or if luck rank wise an MP5-MP7. The real threat to the rebels is OTA, OTA Use tactics OTA use ooc vc for coordination. OTA Have a multi-layered support system. OTA Have access to close air support OTA Have access to recon (Scanners) OTA have specialized infantry (Wall hammer and RANGER) *Heavy shotgunners and snipers for those of you who leave the house*.

Point is though that OTA Are the real genuine threat not CP, CP's don't have half the shit to do any damage to you hence why a CP PT goes out gets hit/buzzed by rebels with rifles and they fall back and OTA Go out and lay the smack down, The rebels are disorganized with no solid logistic/supply line and the OTA Take great advantage of that with their.

-Organized Structure.
-Extensive Support system.
-Extensively scaled arsenal.
-Cooperation / Voice-communications.

Rebels need the following:

-Unity (Some command structure of some kind)
- Tanks. Fighting vehicles. Artillery. *Self explanatory and used to counter things like Striders/APCs/Hunters/Head crab cannisters.
-Support weapons (LMGs, Snipers, RPGS) *Some are already in-game but keep in-mind the ammunition for a few of these are prohibitively expensive/rare*

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
ww3rp-hl2rp in a city-outlands map for both cityrp and outlandsrp, the ideal iteration
the ideal iteration involves a singular 9mm self-inflicted gunshot wound to the temple