News After over a year of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
I personally think using Outercanals was a terrible idea seeing as how it went in the past (SCG, TnB, elsewhere) with 'outland/military-oriented' places.

Unless it's being used for an expedition-only zone (and even that will dry up fast) everyone's going to end up camping in the few non-warehouses or propbuilding their places, which will in turn only create a prop clusterfuck.
i'm about as well versed in what is healthy and not for rebelrp as a swordfish in the sahara, no one should weigh my opinion about areas outside of the cab ones that heavily, i'm just impressed with the amount of capacity that has been crammed into one map

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i'm about as well versed in what is healthy and not for rebelrp as a swordfish in the sahara, no one should weigh my opinion about areas outside of the cab ones that heavily, i'm just impressed with the amount of capacity that has been crammed into one map
Although while we are talking about the CAB area, I don't get why a three-stop elevator couldn't have been used instead of two separate ones. Would have made transitioning into offices / 'potential space' a lot easier instead of having to run through an entirely separate space.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
this map is a testament to zak's mapping, the fact that he fit essentially 3 maps into 1 is amazing

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I personally think using Outercanals was a terrible idea seeing as how it went in the past (SCG, TnB, elsewhere) with 'outland/military-oriented' places.

Unless it's being used for an expedition-only zone (and even that will dry up fast) everyone's going to end up camping in the few non-warehouses or propbuilding their places, which will in turn only create a prop clusterfuck.
Its there strictly so rebels have a space to go, make communities, etc etc.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
Although while we are talking about the CAB area, I don't get why a three-stop elevator couldn't have been used instead of two separate ones. Would have made transitioning into offices / 'potential space' a lot easier instead of having to run through an entirely separate space.
while i'm sure that zak's had a hard time working with the unruly area that is the i17 nexus, the entirety of all cab areas have glaring issues and massive amounts of problem that is limiting their use significantly. I appreciate all of the work that's gone into it but the end result is a map area that will probably be the least suitable and worst area that cab has ever seen through its time as the civil authority.

i want to be optimistic and i want to try to work with things, i don't want to unnecessarily throw shit just for the hell of it, but i'm fully serious about this map being especially bad for cab.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Its there strictly so rebels have a space to go, make communities, etc etc.
Yeah, and I could make the argument that City 24's original rebel area served the same purpose, although we all know how that ended out.

Truth be told, my experiences on SCG regarding the map (and how it was used) make me biased here but it feels like the same problems will repeat itself due to outercanal's original flaws, the addition of NPC's that can traverse the map better than people can (given most of the map forces you into locked tunnel areas since overhead routes are now suicide) does not make me hopeful.

i want to be optimistic and i want to try to work with things, i don't want to unnecessarily throw shit just for the hell of it, but i'm fully serious about this map being especially bad for cab.

TP doors and propbuilding may save us, but I don't envy the person who has to fix them each restart.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Truth be told, my experiences on SCG regarding the map (and how it was used) make me biased here but it feels like the same problems will repeat itself due to outercanal's original flaws, the addition of NPC's that can traverse the map better than people can (given most of the map forces you into locked tunnel areas since overhead routes are now suicide) does not make me hopeful.
C24's rebel area was also poorly planned and needlessly complex with little-to-no RP hubs tbf.

Also it isn't like NPC's will be around 24/7 all day every day, either.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
C24's rebel area was also poorly planned and needlessly complex with little-to-no RP hubs tbf.

And when outercanals limits people to warehouses and a few sub-standard buildings unless you're willing to screw with nocollide and lamps for a 'securer' experience, there's a reason all the SCG cliques resorted to propbuilding (and in time, so will everyone here I imagine) their way out of the flaws.

All I'm saying is, changing up some of the buildings instead of literally porting most of it could have done wonders.

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
one thing i love about the cab area is the offices

its fucking beautiful

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
while i'm sure that zak's had a hard time working with the unruly area that is the i17 nexus, the entirety of all cab areas have glaring issues and massive amounts of problem that is limiting their use significantly. I appreciate all of the work that's gone into it but the end result is a map area that will probably be the least suitable and worst area that cab has ever seen through its time as the civil authority.

If you need any help building a CAB area in the admin box just call me and @Uranio we can probably help

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
If you need any help building a CAB area in the admin box just call me and @Uranio we can probably help
for the senate hall we're going to use my old trusty build i think, the one with the observation deck and the big windows. Might look into building up some extra areas and attaching it to that hall build to make it more coherent, make it a whole wing of sorts.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
because it harkens back to the fakelands and makes me want to blow my own brains out
we're locked into this, as much as I would be in favor of amendments to the map it's practically impossible at this stage

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The difference between Fakelands and CAB offices is CAB offices aren't private "U cannot enter" tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.