• seamless transition between outlands and city
  • THREE event boxes
  • an entire boat with ocean setting
  • 3D skybox
fucking hell
and the nostalgia of a map of legacies

Reactions: List
Nebulae
map is really, really cool, but i've been thinking and i've got two worries about it.
one being optimization. i've heard it's been running pretty well during the testing phase, however how well can we expect it to handle 50+ players and the possible prop build that'll house CAB?
secondly, and i'm sure this has already been considered in the making of the map, but due to the size of the map, won't people be spread out a bit too much, meaning it's hard to find people and such?

map looks great anyway, and i'm sure both of these issues have already been considered and thought over.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
fellas we dont know how the map might be used yet
the outlands could be for expeditions and stuff

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
map is really, really cool, but i've been thinking and i've got two worries about it.
one being optimization. i've heard it's been running pretty well during the testing phase, however how well can we expect it to handle 50+ players and the possible prop build that'll house CAB?
secondly, and i'm sure this has already been considered in the making of the map, but due to the size of the map, won't people be spread out a bit too much, meaning it's hard to find people and such?

map looks great anyway, and i'm sure both of these issues have already been considered and thought over.
People will be spread out but as always they'll congregate in specific RP hubs - think the Grotto, Plaza, Refugee Camp, etc. As for optimisation that was all factored in iirc.

fellas we dont know how the map might be used yet
the outlands could be for expeditions and stuff
The idea behind it was to be like D9 - so rebels have a space they can go to get away from the city without being totally cut off from it in a way that damages the server (as OL was). Unlike D9 though it isn't tiny so there's room for people to move around and set different things up.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I totally respect the concerns about size btw but I think I17 has a massive advantage in that people know the map and there are legitimate places for people to congregate like the Grotto or Plaza.

People won't be boxed in with gas this time, sure, but even if people don't end up using the canals much it is at least there as an option/space to be used if needs be.

Its the best of both worlds effectively.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Although while we are talking about the CAB area, I don't get why a three-stop elevator couldn't have been used instead of two separate ones. Would have made transitioning into offices / 'potential space' a lot easier instead of having to run through an entirely separate space.
because multi-stop elevators are glitchy, unreliable, can be easily broken, and are less performance-efficient than a simple two-floor one

while i'm sure that zak's had a hard time working with the unruly area that is the i17 nexus, the entirety of all cab areas have glaring issues and massive amounts of problem that is limiting their use significantly. I appreciate all of the work that's gone into it but the end result is a map area that will probably be the least suitable and worst area that cab has ever seen through its time as the civil authority.

i want to be optimistic and i want to try to work with things, i don't want to unnecessarily throw shit just for the hell of it, but i'm fully serious about this map being especially bad for cab.
keep in mind that there's also at least two separate buildings out on the catwalks that as far as i'm aware are currently going unused

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
god i miss the memes of the metropol elevator everyone all in the elevator trying to get at different stops

i'm glad for the ladder but half-hate what the meme has become

Status
Not open for further replies.