Atom
Nebulae
everyone comes to accept it eventually, i know i did

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I became genuinely depressed for about 6-odd months after losing a character I had for 2 weeks.

Main reason why I don't go on the servers.

I'm such a fucking loser.

Reactions: List

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
For me personally, I view roleplay as some sort of group-writing experience. It really helped me practice my creative writing, character building, and it also is fairly enjoyable. I have a lot of fond memories from roleplay and the server and general - hell, I'd come back in a goddamn instant if I had access to a computer. Being an operator was just as fun too - if not more so; you get to help people flex their creativity and get away from the real world for a bit - and have a good damn time.

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
I really don't see your guys point on roleplay helping to create social skills, you're facing people on the internet, it's completely different from facing someone in real life.

writing, in some cases creativity, yeah, sure, but social skills i don't really think so

also it's kinda weird for us to judge if we're losers or not if we roleplay, like really weird. ask someone who doesn't roleplay and you'll get an honest answer

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
as long as you dont erp you're fine in my books
roleplaying aint different then playing a game of people playing football
if you erp you need to get out more

D

Deleted member 1405

try explaining to people you roleplay in a text based format.

to other people we might look like losers but idk yeah.
I think we kinda are all fucking weird

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
uhhh no, its not. that's a really bad example, like, terrible
not really in my eyes they're both just games, so whether you're roleplaying on gmod or playing fifa, it doesn't matter

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't consider "RP" as being something that losers do. I look at it as if its writing a book with a character living in a certain situation, in our case its either HL2 or WW3. And honestly, its just a game, and if you are having fun playing it then you are having fun playing it. People make fun of kids who play minecraft, same situation, some people think RP is stupid. At the end of the day you had fun.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I don't consider "RP" as being something that losers do. I look at it as if its writing a book with a character living in a certain situation, in our case its either HL2 or WW3. And honestly, its just a game, and if you are having fun playing it then you are having fun playing it. People make fun of kids who play minecraft, same situation, some people think RP is stupid. At the end of the day you had fun.
spoken like a true loser