News Awakening - Coronation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
must some of you make an argument out of everything, can't you just be happy that we're doing an event.

i mean its fairly simple

post-cw has corrupt highly human-based union government full of corruption, moral ambiguity and intrigue.

some boomer goes:
"but bombine not bad enough now so reble not want fight this not my hl2rp!!!"

and the big management goes:
"hmmm... maybe indeed not hl2rp enough... not enough oppressions. if oppressions are higher then the playercount will grow higher too!"

so they prolly gonna make advisors and the new pope / breen 2 absolute unsympathetic bastards i.e. generic antagonists
it's not fairly simple at all

don't talk like you know what's up.

Reactions: List

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
must some of you make an argument out of everything, can't you just be happy that we're doing an event.

tmJe-2K54Fspu8jkOQGZaZt9lB7mq48GrqhhEibMlmosfJTwcpkltJPn9Oatvb34gho=s300

sit down blackquill shit event
galunga

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I dont think i was here during the first one what went down?

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
If this Breen 2 guy shows up in kiev huxley’s going to fucking sock him in the gabber im not playing around space slugs anymore come fight me

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae

basing my assumptions on the intents of the first event, is all

you said it yourself you wanted the combine to be more outwardly antagonistic

D

Deleted member 5162

To be honest, I am not sure how this event is gonna go in the server without any map change, sure could add some plot and lore to the server, but would it make players go "wooow" or "that was pretty decent." rather than events on the Union Faction clearly based on the politics and the discussion between human and slugs about the Earth.

Or even, would this change the server's usual days to something 'on-alert' days? Because otherwise, this isnt an event, this is a mere week-long conversation between CAB and Advisors with some UU laws change and so on. As for the resistance, I am not sure how this'll work.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
there has never been a good main server event for rebels and their never will because main server events are nearly impossible to make work

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
there has never been a good main server event for rebels and their never will because main server events are nearly impossible to make work
white forest and toride were pretty simple concepts but they were fun

they also hinged on the idea that the union couldn't/shouldn't smite rebels at every opportunity so theres that to keep in mind

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
white forest and toride were pretty simple concepts but they were fun

they also hinged on the idea that the union couldn't/shouldn't smite rebels at every opportunity so theres that to keep in mind
white forest was just a reskinned ww3 and toride was probably the only exception

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
white forest was just a reskinned ww3 and toride was probably the only exception
i disagree, white forest had a pretty nice tug of war deal going on and the passive was fun

shame its a topic you can't really discuss because ((((someone)))) made both events and there were lore characters in white forest

otherwise, the processes in each event were pretty standard and fun

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i disagree, white forest had a pretty nice tug of war deal going on and the passive was fun

shame its a topic you can't really discuss because ((((someone)))) made both events and there were lore characters in white forest

otherwise, the processes in each event were pretty standard and fun
my major dislike with most event is that they try to tell an overarching narrative but it always falls flat because of how many interconnecting peices and factions their are. i just want an event where it only focus on one set of dudes and not everyone

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
my major dislike with most event is that they try to tell an overarching narrative but it always falls flat because of how many interconnecting peices and factions their are. i just want an event where it only focus on one set of dudes and not everyone
personal preferences

i think want makes an event good is having a solid, simple narrative with the day 2 day filled in by the team and players. Micro-manging the whole 100 slot event will just burn the runner out

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
personal preferences

i think want makes an event good is having a solid, simple narrative with the day 2 day filled in by the team and players. Micro-manging the whole 100 slot event will just burn the runner out
ah ye its all personal

i just want an event to be simple too, i dont want it to be about what john rebel is doing and what joe union is doing etc. i just want a clear focus

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
outwardly antagonistic is literal dog brain, complicated bad guy is big brain
Outwardly antagonistic is a good counter-balanced to the current Union getup of the Civil Authority, allowing the players to be the real complicated grey area people. I don't see anything wrong with having the clear bad guys being 'event people', leaving room for the players to place themselves on the spectrum as they see fit, which also gives them a good enough reason to be more overtly pro-humanity.

CAB = Complicated bad guy
Union itself/Overwatch = Clearly bad guys

When you put children in camps, you can't really be 'secretly evil', you're just evil.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Outwardly antagonistic is a good counter-balanced to the current Union getup of the Civil Authority, allowing the players to be the real complicated grey area people. I don't see anything wrong with having the clear bad guys being 'event people', leaving room for the players to place themselves on the spectrum as they see fit, which also gives them a good enough reason to be more overtly pro-humanity.
Because clear bad is just boring

Status
Not open for further replies.