News Awakening - Coronation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
also im not shitting on the event im shitting on the concept that was brought up i dont know if the event will be good or not

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I disagree. I hate current lore, like where BQ is taking us and think its more fitting, better balanced and will breathe some life and order into server dynamics.

Or, in translation, muh dystopia.

if you mismanage the fuck out of a lore that was hardly written to explain a lot of things, or get counter-cucked and never made an agreement prior with those in other factions, it's not gonna work. you're going to hate the lore unless it's your lore cause compromise isn't feasible with of the tard LP veterans still around.

i really couldn't care. people think dystopia is measured by sticker on your food or the vocoder on your cops, those don't form an image. dystopia rp doesn't account for the servers lack of story cause no one will be on the same page ever, cause they don't want to be.

people hate other people and wanna be le mega genius so fuck trying to work with a headcop, a rebel main, some poser named @Snook in cab, it's not feasible to work with people to achieve what they all envision is better for the server

you're not any righter than i am about my opinions on where the server should go, do you understand?

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
if you mismanage the fuck out of a lore that was hardly written to explain a lot of things, or get counter-cucked and never made an agreement prior with those in other factions, it's not gonna work. you're going to hate the lore unless it's your lore cause compromise isn't feasible with of the tard LP veterans still around.

i really couldn't care. people think dystopia is measured by sticker on your food or the vocoder on your cops, those don't form an image. dystopia rp doesn't account for the servers lack of story cause no one will be on the same page ever, cause they don't want to be.

people hate other people and wanna be le mega genius so fuck trying to work with a headcop, a rebel main, some poser named @Snook in cab, it's not feasible to work with people to achieve what they all envision is better for the server

you're not any righter than i am about my opinions on where the server should go, do you understand?
can we just accept something rather than trying to justify ever single thing

Reactions: List

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
The interesting aspect of the senate was always its capacity and ambition to form a more independant entity that didnt necessarily contradict or outright permit the goals of the overworld. Cab in revolution was very interesting because the Senate (or at least the people that represented it) became the sovereign of kiev, it became its own entity that fought for its own ’union’ instead of the benefactrp combine-union

I dont see why an event like this would remove that aspect from the Senate, in fact i’m even hopeful it will raise the question of it as conflict brews

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
can we just accept something rather than trying to justify ever single thing

justify what? there's nothing to accept, if you don't promote a good rp environment people won't come here to rp?

i have no fucking clue if people will still come to the server, but i know what they won't be coming to do if you don't make a hospitable place to do your /me's.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
justify what? there's nothing to accept, if you don't promote a good rp environment people won't come here to rp?

i have no fucking clue if people will still come to the server, but i know what they won't be coming to do if you don't make a hospitable place to do your /me's.
you know

you could just be happy theres a event happening in the first place rather than trying to stir up something like you always do

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
you know

you could just be happy theres a event happening in the first place rather than trying to stir up something like you always do

i was asked my opinion by bq? i spoke with him and spoke about my opinions but didn't say it necessarily effectively so now i wanna speak about it here

or you can call me a shit stirrer when i wanna talk about things and default to being a wah wah baby

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The interesting aspect of the senate was always its capacity and ambition to form a more independant entity that didnt necessarily contradict or outright permit the goals of the overworld. Cab in revolution was very interesting because the Senate (or at least the people that represented it) became the sovereign of kiev, it became its own entity that fought for its own ’union’ instead of the benefactrp combine-union

I dont see why an event like this would remove that aspect from the Senate, in fact i’m even hopeful it will raise the question of it as conflict brews
Shrike comes in and explains what I tried to do and failed like six times.

I've always felt like CAB thrived best when they are actively dancing around certain things and neither strictly undermining nor following their directives to the best they can. Without anything to dance around it becomes a lot less of a "how well can I toe the line and make this interesting" and far more "well I'll just do it bluntly because so long as I don't say certain things, who'll care or stop me?".

I again have to bring up Ravoux for this, because that is exactly the sort of nuance I've always tried and failed to push for Transhumanism, and its entirely self-serving. And it is working.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
thats kinda what you always do

atleast 80% of the time

wow that's funny that you care more about the things i do then i do myself

i just like thinking about the stuff that effects me when i play on the server and find criticisms, i wasn't asked for my praises cause BQ doesn't need that to know he can do a good event, he needs whatever people find faults so he can find whatever to correct

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
Shrike comes in and explains what I tried to do and failed like six times.

I've always felt like CAB thrived best when they are actively dancing around certain things and neither strictly undermining nor following their directives to the best they can. Without anything to dance around it becomes a lot less of a "how well can I toe the line and make this interesting" and far more "well I'll just do it bluntly because so long as I don't say certain things, who'll care or stop me?".

I again have to bring up Ravoux for this, because that is exactly the sort of nuance I've always tried and failed to push for Transhumanism, and its entirely self-serving. And it is working.
Ravoux and Huxley are both clandestinely crazy as fuck and if there was nothign to toe around everything would go too crazy too quick, but the fact that it’s brewing in the background is what makes it interesting

A lot of the big cab people in cw and helix have been pro Senate-sovereignty in private, because actually and unironically liking the combine and their goals is a surefire way of writing a boring uninteresting character when compared to other cab actors

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
what made you think that, and or think this is how you extend a conversation i was trying to end? stop it.
because you said one day that you didnt have any plans of joining the server so i assumed you didnt play anymore

shrug

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
because you said one day that you didnt have any plans of joining the server so i assumed you didnt play anymore

shrug

pretty sure i said i wouldn't be able to join cause i wasn't in possession of my computer for an awry two months

i don't quit, and if i'm quitting ill probably try to devoid making a big thread or something on it cause it's not my thing...

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
A lot of the big cab people in cw and helix have been pro Senate-sovereignty in private, because actually and unironically liking the combine and their goals is a surefire way of writing a boring uninteresting character when compared to other cab actors
I don't see how you're an arbiter of what someone finds fun to play, or what constitutes an actual interesting character.
Then again, I don't think I've ever seen a character to who really thought combine was good, full stop no questions.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
I don't see how you're an arbiter of what someone finds fun to play, or what constitutes an actual interesting character.
Then again, I don't think I've ever seen a character to who really thought combine was good, full stop no questions.
Because it's a well established fact that a black and white world gets boring fast? You don't have to think of your actions in any capacity, you know plainly if they're good or bad. You don't run a morally ambiguous character with depth, you run a 2D bad guy or good guy

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Because it's a well established fact that a black and white world gets boring fast? You don't have to think of your actions in any capacity, you know plainly if they're good or bad. You don't run a morally ambiguous character with depth, you run a 2D bad guy or good guy
If you look at it in isolation, sure, that's a way to put it. But no character exists in a vacuum, they're affected by their surroundings and interactions. A 100% loyal character can be the catalyst to a lot of things if they exist in a space where 90% of the other characters are not, since it generates direct conflict and tension. The more diverse the characters around are, the more chances there are for something unusual to happen.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
Boring to interact with and uninteresting to roleplay with, i'm not speaking from some objective standard, obviously, i can only speak from experience and what i've observed and heard from others.

i thought it'd be obvious that i'm stating an opinion based from my own perspective and experience

Status
Not open for further replies.