Back 4 Blood

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
holy fuck and they do

hahah came to this thread just to post this and you already beat me to it. This clip is hilarious.
the maps themselves having slight variation if I remember correctly
You remember correctly. I think the AI director changes the paths the survivors have to take mostly depending on how well the survivors are faring.

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae

The timestamp I linked

This has got to be one of the WORST shotguns I've ever seen

How do you fuck up making a shotgun satisfying to use.

the clip you sent i watched a little later where they're fighting the "ogre" boss and one thing that pissed me off was the whopping great health bar at the top of the screen

what made the tank a formidable and terrifying enemy to come across was the fact you didn't know how much health it had, you just had to keep shooting and pray that it dies eventually. the tank charges through the environment, knocking cars towards you that can knock you down, as well as throwing rubble and all that

this ogre boss literally just walks at you a bit menacingly down a corridor, it looks scripted rather than actually being an enemy that spawns in randomly that you have to deal with

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
squad be like

run here
try and see something
die
develop tinnitus because the game’s sound design is a bit TOO good
accidentally respawn 8 miles away
project reality be like

load up one of the middle eastern maps since the chechnya backwater stuff has fuck all players

run around looking for vehicles to carjack since you can't run far
get shot by grenadier m203 addict
get sniped by marksman rooftop camping

finally find a vehicle

get pumped full of shells from a bradley if insurgent
get blown to pieces by GARY truck abusing the shockwave through 3 houses if ISAF

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Back 4 Blood isn't bad for its own game
There's a lot of tweaking to be done, but its not fundamentally flawed
I encourage people to try it in the open beta tbh, its real fun. Mix between L4D and Killing Floor

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Back 4 Blood isn't bad for its own game
There's a lot of tweaking to be done, but its not fundamentally flawed
I encourage people to try it in the open beta tbh, its real fun. Mix between L4D and Killing Floor
That's how I feel tbh.

It is nowhere near L4D2 and it is frankly missing a lot of the things that has kept L4D2 alive for 12 years with 16k+ players daily (no campaign versus and no modding support, both confirmed) but as its own thing? Yeah, its honestly quite fun.

Shot themselves in the foot by hyping themselves up as "THE CREATORS OF L4D" when they tried to differ from it so much though.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
tried out the versus today, its alright honestly but it doesnt hold a candle to campaign versus
hopefully theyll reconsider adding campaign versus back

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah after playing the beta? I'm actually really having fun. It isn't L4D2 but its neat.

My main issue right now is how fucking tanky some of the specials are, and how little warning you get.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
havent been able to play anything other than versus
also definitely not worth price tag

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I’d be fine with it if it was like 20 bucks.
It’s 60.

The game will be cool to play for a week or two, then never touch again.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
its weird how a lot of studios try to make games like Valve games and always miss the mark. The characters, the gore, the sound design, the special zombies and the overall game is just a worst version of L4D.

Like compare the gore in L4D2 (shown in this link below) to B4B's. It's just lazy. The most that happens is their heads get popped off. Turtle Rock were just lazy and thought they could cash in on the want for a third L4D.
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/apps/valve/2010/gdc2010_vlachos_l4d2wounds.pdf

and melees don't one shot. That was one of the most satisfying thing about L4D. Being able to just cut through a crowd of zombies with a swing

Last edited:

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
the game is 80 dollarydoos in my country

its just left 4 dead 2 but with super gamey rpg mechanics to feed dog brains

fuck it, they can lick my tip if they think im paying 80 dollars for this shit when i could just replay l4d2 without the struggle of convincing all my friends to also get it

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
its weird how a lot of studios try to make games like Valve games and always miss the mark. The characters, the gore, the sound design, the special zombies and the overall game is just a worst version of L4D.

Like compare the gore in L4D2 (shown in this link below) to B4B's. It's just lazy. The most that happens is their heads get popped off. Turtle Rock were just lazy and thought they could cash in on the want for a third L4D.

and melees don't one shot. That was one of the most satisfying thing about L4D. Being able to just cut through a crowd of zombies with a swing

You got it all ok except

L4D is literally Turtle Rock's, from when they were part of Valve

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

you know turtle rock used to be "valve south" and made the first L4D right?
they just have none of the property rights anymore, also L4D2 was not made by them