Back 4 Blood

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
why the fuck do all games have to look like call of duty now. i feel like battlefield, call of duty and every first person shooter in the last 4 years distinctly look the exact same - and any time a new shooter comes out regardless of the genre, its call of duty again. like a franchise with 20 of its own titles weren't enough now theres 500 more from other companies

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the lack of soul is killing me

no risk takers

and the ones who are make bad games or the games end up stuck in development hell

why are we destined to suffer

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
why the fuck do all games have to look like call of duty now. i feel like battlefield, call of duty and every first person shooter in the last 4 years distinctly look the exact same - and any time a new shooter comes out regardless of the genre, its call of duty again. like a franchise with 20 of its own titles weren't enough now theres 500 more from other companies

ripping off the big successes not knowing that if you try to copy something to poach audience you have to do what the competitor does not just slightly better, but much better in pretty much every aspect, and the big successes that have had more than a decade to both refine the formula and build a rock solid brand

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Because unique games that appeal to a relatively small target audience doesn’t sell big numbers, not on the same scale the next ‘summer hit’ or ‘appeals to 12 y/o’s with short attention span’ does.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
Because unique games that appeal to a relatively small target audience doesn’t sell big numbers, not on the same scale the next ‘summer hit’ or ‘appeals to 12 y/o’s with short attention span’ does.
i like to think theres still some market for it, look at hunt showdown :D though of course not the same kind of big summer sale annual series like cod and stuff

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
also games where u jump and slide around everywhere for no reason like its mirrors edge even though you're in the trenches of i dunno vietnam or something

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The worst part for me is a lot of modern games aren't necessarily 'bad'

Just bland/medicore. Idk to me that's worse, a bad game can be good for the spectacle - like HDTF or fucking Ride to Hell: Retribution

But games like Anthem or Destiny are just so fucking generic and dull, puts me to sleep.

Then again maybe my taste in games is just fucked because I'd rather sit and play rimworld for hours than play 30 minutes of most modern games

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
triple a games cant be simple again
they will always be over-loaded with "mechanics"

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
also games where u jump and slide around everywhere for no reason like its mirrors edge even though you're in the trenches of i dunno vietnam or something
basically battlefield 5

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
The worst part for me is a lot of modern games aren't necessarily 'bad'

Just bland/medicore. Idk to me that's worse, a bad game can be good for the spectacle - like HDTF or fucking Ride to Hell: Retribution

But games like Anthem or Destiny are just so fucking generic and dull, puts me to sleep.

Then again maybe my taste in games is just fucked because I'd rather sit and play rimworld for hours than play 30 minutes of most modern games
its the same dilemma with movies and stuff
i love bad games, games so bad they're entertaining, playing one of those with the boys is always a great time
but mediocre, dull - industry standard games on the other hand, they're just uninspired, there's no "so bad its good" factor, it's just mind numbing.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Its fun in its own right but what kills it is that it will always be compared to L4D.

And even though Turtle Rock made the original L4D they also made a cult classic in the process so sorta shot themselves in the foot.

D

Deleted member 7099

i dont get what everyone dislikes about it its not a perfect game but its not like utter shit

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
everything needs sprint and hit markers bro

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
im starting to hate first person shooters now for this exact reason

i kinda like tarkov because at least it’s different, and i really love the lore and visuals of the game, but it’s also a buggy mess with a complete fucking dogass community. if the game wasn’t such a chore to play rn it’d be fucking great lol

milsims are fun for like an hour then it’s just “run here, die”

the rest all seem like cod, cs or overwatch ripoffs

god just do something new for once

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
milsims are fun for like an hour then it’s just “run here, die”
arma 3 be like

run here
kill enemies
commit crimes against the geneva convention
get bombarded by mortar