Back 4 Blood

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
have you guys ever tried Vermintide 2?
I'm not very experienced with the genre and there are some obvious differences but I'd say it's worth checking out if you like L4D

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
So I picked up the full game and it is honestly a lot better and a lot less buggy than the beta was. It isn't perfect by any means but I'm having an absolute blast.

Even on the easiest difficulty its not at all easy.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
So I picked up the full game and it is honestly a lot better and a lot less buggy than the beta was. It isn't perfect by any means but I'm having an absolute blast.

can you justify its price though?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

left 4 dead 2 is still better cant justify buying this

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
left 4 dead 2 is still better cant justify buying this
to be fair, with how popular l4d2 is its hard to make a game that's better

it was to be expected that back 4 blood wasn't going to be up to par with l4d2

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
to be fair, with how popular l4d2 is its hard to make a game that's better

it was to be expected that back 4 blood wasn't going to be up to par with l4d2
doesn't need to carbon-copy a lot of ideas though
and could've used far better writing and character development than just a bunch of screaming

Willy del Silly

He Who Talks
Nebulae
I got Back 4 Blood on xbox game pass worth every penny

but fr tho its way better than I thought it would be but I wouldn't play that shit alone like I can with L4D otherwise I will snooze

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Game of the Year
Can't forget to mention the game blackscreening after this meaning everyone just left anyways

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
Finally completed the game on veteran and honestly I really fucking enjoyed it.
Some things are a bit annoying like connection issues galore and the price tag if you don't get it on game pass.
Other than that, the Rogue-Like-L4D-Zombie-Shooter back 4 blood is fun.

The only comparisons to left 4 dead are pretty much the level design and the fact that it's a zombie shooter.
In the beta a lot of things felt scripted and forced but with the full release a lot of those things were smoothed out and the scripted events that were left actually feel well implemented. The unique zombies are fun to fight with cool abilities like the HAG that will just fucking swallow you and tunnel away into the ground which is cool as fuck.

The gunplay and attachment system is fun despite not being able to drop attachments via the menu it all still works out.
It's not easy, the game is difficult on recruit and took me a lot of tries to beat it there and then on veteran it took me hundreds more tries, but when I understood the card system and the unique hero abilities (which aren't unique to the character) Everything became a lot more fun.
I've got like 10 custom decks that range from 100% accuracy to reload speed to weakspot damage to stamina and melee.

The hero system isn't forced like say (wierd comparison) Battlefield V, where you can't play a medic with anything but the medic hero because the equipment is just so fucking tailored.

If I want to play a medic I don't have to play doc, sure, it helps but it's not needed. If I want to do a melee build I can do one with a weakspot focused character like JIM, but playing the melee focused character is good as well.
It's great, not worth the price rn but it's fun as hell and that's what matters.

Reactions: List

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae

Whereas FFXIV 1.0 was taken out to get shot via boredom

It is time for New World to cave solely out of being built on chopsticks, toothpicks, and the best third-world workers money can buy

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae

Whereas FFXIV 1.0 was taken out to get shot via boredom

It is time for New World to cave solely out of being built on chopsticks, toothpicks, and the best third-world workers money can buy

Wrong thread?