Serious Bring Back WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1158

unfortunately if they were made completely separate it'd be much, much worse than if they were in the same company. it'd be the 'you cant order me' mindset that'd make it even worse
Hence why they never should have existed to begin with. Perhaps in events, but it has been made very clear that barely anyone, if anyone at all, can be trusted to keep SF from becoming a closed circle clique, which it always became in one way or another.

The disparity between regular soldiers and SF was simply too steep for there to be any valuable RP generated other than general edginess and retarded subplots to execute soldiers from their own side.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Good points.

OTA don't get the best of both worlds. They're there to do their job; they aren't characters and can never be them. If they meme anywhere but in private, they're fucked. There's no room for any sort of 'circlejerk' there that can negatively impact people outside of it because you can't throw your weight around when you're bound in shit you can/cannot do. You can't decide to target someone on your OTA and PK them because you'll never be in that position unless they're there when you sweep.

SF get the best of both and then some and it cripples them. They can be as stupid as they want IC/OOC and be characters (which allows for abuse) and, as I personally saw, run riot doing shit that nobody else would get a pass to do because they'd either get shielded by one another or they'd not be looked into in the first place. I remember the video (may have been on LP) where they raided the enemy base and did a bunch of stupid shit to kill everyone, pissing themselves laughing in TS the entire time.

When you directly let people within this closed faction have the capacity to run riot, they'll eventually get the people in who will do just that. From there you get the circlejerk, etc.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
OTA don't get the best of both worlds. They're there to do their job; they aren't characters and can never be them. If they meme anywhere but in private, they're fucked. There's no room for any sort of 'circlejerk' there that can negatively impact people outside of it because you can't throw your weight around when you're bound in shit you can/cannot do. You can't decide to target someone on your OTA and PK them because you'll never be in that position unless they're there when you sweep.

still surprised there hasnt been an event centered around breaking this

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Surely there's some hope for it

Nope, not really. The server ran its course and came to a close.

Maybe make a whole new server but its based on what the community wants, it would involve TONS of voting for content and the lore of the new server. In the end the playerbase cant blame the staff. They can only blame themselves because it was made BY them.

So we’re expected to throw our time at a whole new game mode and just be fine if it fails because we don’t need to blame ourselves? That’s an awful idea.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
general edginess and retarded subplots to execute soldiers from their own side
this bullshit was absolutely ridiculous even if i only got the faintest of scents of it, it wasnt a problem i found as when i was in uctf it was basically a designated shitposting squadron but i remember the sf drama was so fucking ridiculous towards the end
there was a time iirc where a glob sf spent about an hour torturing a glob infantry nco in the field with a load of others he roped in, be it in engis, infantry or whatever because of some ridiculous grudge over something minuscule i cant even remember

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Maybe make a whole new server but its based on what the community wants, it would involve TONS of voting for content and the lore of the new server. In the end the playerbase cant blame the staff. They can only blame themselves because it was made BY them.

Experience proves this to be wrong, the playerbase changes its mind overnight or follows what the loudest people yell about, often voting for what suits THEM best without considering how it affects others.

Not to mention we held a public vote on several issues only to be blamed for it going wrong anyways, that's unavoidable sadly.

Leaving everything up to people that only consider their own situation and aren't tasked with implementing / maintaining / enforcing it will bring chaos real quick. That, and you'll create an atmosphere where the biggest groups of friends and biggest bullies have complete power over the voting outcome

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
still surprised there hasnt been an event centered around breaking this
It wouldn't work and would encourage bad mindsets - just like what happened when we allowed 'OTA-lite' after the C8 event on LP.

Protectorates were something I fucking regret making the lore for back on LP. Why? Because they became characters and with that came the capacity to act out OOC shit IC even when it was detrimental but still held the power over CAB that OTA did. I'm sure it doesn't take a genius to imagine what they started to do - and that started filtering to the CP faction too when they could now go chat with them and meme and fuck about.

Eventually we had to ask for them to be removed.

They were basically the HL2RP SF in regards to how much shit they could now cause.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Protectorates were something I fucking regret making the lore for back on LP. Why? Because they became characters and with that came the capacity to act out OOC shit IC even when it was detrimental but still held the power over CAB that OTA did. I'm sure it doesn't take a genius to imagine what they started to do - and that started filtering to the CP faction too when they could now go chat with them and meme and fuck about.

Eventually we had to ask for them to be removed.
you could have prevented it

you should have listened

uncle kev

jerry
Nebulae
I do really miss WW3 sometimes. I tried HL2 for a month but it didn't really do much for me and I feel myself slowly drifting away from the forums. I enjoyed all of the lores, but 1983 will always be my favourite because I made it with @char and @Dallas and I was SD at the time too.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I do really miss WW3 sometimes. I tried HL2 for a month but it didn't really do much for me and I feel myself slowly drifting away from the forums. I enjoyed all of the lores, but 1983 will always be my favourite because I made it with @char and @Dallas and I was SD at the time too.
Thanks for the pizza money.

Real shit only fun I had on the gamemode and the shit I remember the most was the RP I did an MP lead back on LP, the S2K was just a fun excuse to fuck around with mates.

PrincessKatey

Nucleus
Nebulae
WW3 will hold a special place in so many people's hearts and if we don't get back WW3 and instead get something else like a fallout RP or Metro or whatever hopefully let's hope it'll take ideas from WW3 and may even seem like a successor to WW3 that we can all be proud of

Mickee

Proton
Nebulae
WW3 will hold a special place in so many people's hearts and if we don't get back WW3 and instead get something else like a fallout RP or Metro or whatever hopefully let's hope it'll take ideas from WW3 and may even seem like a successor to WW3 that we can all be proud of
I think you could get some new players with MetroRP, if I'm correct I think the main popular one shut down and MetroRP isn't on the playerboard anymore.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Hence why they never should have existed to begin with. Perhaps in events, but it has been made very clear that barely anyone, if anyone at all, can be trusted to keep SF from becoming a closed circle clique, which it always became in one way or another.

The disparity between regular soldiers and SF was simply too steep for there to be any valuable RP generated other than general edginess and retarded subplots to execute soldiers from their own side.
but by the same token there was a knock on effect of people not interacting with special forces because of what people who were in the branch had done previously without interacting with the new members to see if there was any improvement to the quality of what they were doing and ability to cut out doing meme stuff.

it's hard to explain, but basically at some point there were genuine meme team special forces, the stigma arose, and by the time those people were long gone the stereotype remained and therefore no one wished to interact with special forces despite there being a heap of new operatives, there was a following lack of vetting applied to the applicants, and it snowballed.

ww3rp is the hive for god complex characters because you're allowing someone to play a soldier in an elite military unit, that power, alongside the ranks, gets to peoples' heads sometimes, evidently.

it's all a question of finding that balance, where special forces was declared as the most elite roleplayers within their respective faction, yet people expect them to be the best s2kers in the faction - so the expectations are differing from case to case, and at any turn they'll get shit for doing something different to expectations.

it's the same with the military police before they were added at neb modern lore. @Powley genuinely had one of the most interesting, intelligent and well structured 'unofficial branches' (that being the military police made up of trusted people, because if you remember mps weren't added at first but it was in demand by some higher ranking people, so they took matters into their own hands). i remember it was a well structured peacekeeping like force who were distinguishable by a certain coloured brassard on their sleeve, who operated by investigation and detainment, rather than fining people or executing them on the spot like it was cw: con air.

it was well done, it was how mps should have been - yet instead, once it was adopted as an official branch and powley left for hl2rp having completed his work and running his course with ww3rp for the final time, it only went downhill in my opinion. mps having internal ranking systems that led to unnecessary power struggles (would have been better if there was the branch lead, then everyone was just 'officer' rank instead of having a ridiculous amount of ranks like 'chief x constable of the army' and 'sub petty chief officer of the army' which made the already dwindling amount of mps being spread out across a roster that couldn't fill its tally). mps getting in over their heads having been recently inducted into the branch, having some of the worst cases of god complexes i think i've ever seen, and straight out insulting sncos, pulling rank to avoid scruity of their own and negating the efforts of branches that needed real attention and assistance (medical) by stealing the prisoners, getting them healing scripts and sticking them in the cells.

special forces still could be something good if it was done right, sadly it was too little too late and the damage had already been done to them, leading to the consultation and serious consideration of their removal.

Last edited:

snoozy

whitest kid you know
Nebulae
what happened to @Xebra 's scenarios

my internet hit the shitter for the last month, and i had somewhat dedicated myself to a milsim group which i recently left. if anyone does want me to bring back the scenarios id be happy to but the lack of anyone asking me about them made me feel as if they were missed

(also i need more cool zeus operators likes @afric and @Koch ;) )

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Any military RP server that has special forces never goes well with the divides it makes and how much of a god complex they form.

See: literally every halo RP server that made spartans a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.