Serious City 8 Redux

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Was Kato Cafe the one off the main street, just when you went through the waggly alleyway and it was right on the left as you stepped into the main street. Next to the outdoor noodle place just next to it with the stools?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Don't put too much work/brushes into areas that 99% of the server won't see anyways nor use on a regular basis

Nexus/D22/Loyalist housing are things that spring into mind

Reactions: List

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Was Kato Cafe the one off the main street, just when you went through the waggly alleyway and it was right on the left as you stepped into the main street. Next to the outdoor noodle place just next to it with the stools?

Nope, Kato was just before the alleyway before ration distrubution (I removed that alleyway fyi). It doesn't really make sense imo since it's combine architecture but why would the combine build a store, also it's hard to do much with it because it has a bunch of world geometry inside it so i'm just deleting and redoing.

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Nope, Kato was just before the alleyway before ration distrubution (I removed that alleyway fyi). It doesn't really make sense imo since it's combine architecture but why would the combine build a store, also it's hard to do much with it because it has a bunch of world geometry inside it so i'm just deleting and redoing.
Yes, you showed you attached the two roads. And made it more open.
[doublepost=1586445439][/doublepost]And alright, noted. I like the restaurant on the main road.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
rFa9O7H.png

Here's is the other warehouse, the original is in the same place still but this one is in the trainyard (there's another way to get down here other than the subway ofc.

Yes i'm not compiling it, sorry if that triggers you - i'll be posting compiled images soon!
[doublepost=1586446420][/doublepost]
Yes, you showed you attached the two roads. And made it more open.
[doublepost=1586445439][/doublepost]And alright, noted. I like the restaurant on the main road.

Oh just to make it clear I connected multiple roads, there's the one I sent a screenshot of and the one by ration distribution.

Y1vBQim.png

yay for APC support

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
huvRKci.png

UM has been to the gym and went from clinic to hospital. Thoughts on the design?

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
POLL TIME
React with AGREE if you think the laboratory should be kept combine architecture.

React with DISAGREE if you think the laboratory should be more human architecture, like city 24 or industrial 17.

Thank you for your votes! I'll work on remaking the area around the labs too, though the labs themselves will still have some combine tech in them I think just not full-on architecture.
I hope to make this map the best suited for factions possible.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
6NUHsNg.png

Do you guys like this store or do you think I should split it into two and make them inside?

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
It's not much but here's a video of the one-way tunnel from trainyard to the subway system, you can only go from the trainyard to the subway system using the computer, but combine can use the locks on either side. If you think it should be from tunnels to trainyard instead or just straight up let people go either way then feel free to tell me so lol, all feedback helps.

so anyway here's a video of that here

edit: decided to make it subway to trainyard instead, rebels will have to be friendly now and get the door :grinning:

also since all the buttons are func_doors, server owners/admins can use /mapentremove to remove the override button if they want to.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Poll Time
This will probably be the last poll I do, but I was thinking about resistance areas and I know alot of people just wont use a map if it has bad rebel areas.

So, rate this with agree if you think that rebel areas should be relatively expansive multiple routes out the city etc, generally isolating but with areas of community dotted around.

Rate with disagree if you think they should be small for the post part, one linear way out of the city.

Please feel free to post alternative suggestions if you prefer that to either of these options - this poll will finish all planning for the city and define how its rebel areas end up.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
So apart from a few buildings I need to redo or finish off, the main city is done. Here's a brief video of it. I forgot to tour the new ration centre and terminal building but i'll do that when I show progress on the new nexus.

Labs and UM will also come when I do nexus.
If you see anything you think I missed or should be changed do say so. :smiley:

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
suggestion: make the tunnels more like the japanese metro system and make the d4 basement a giant abandoned metro station and the checkpoints in the sewers even more smaller stations

please please please please

i just don't want another fucking sewer just make it make sense

why the fuck are we always walking through shit infested water.

Little update on your suggestion, the subway system is being expanded to cover large portions of the map, it will be one of two ways to get to the wastes, the second being the canals system - though to get to the far outlands you'll have to take the canals or travel through the wastes as the subway will be sealed off after the wastes.

unknown.png

fyi these tracks are electrified - they are meant to be pretty hard to get around and ICly to find a way inside - the spawn station has a hidden door, the canal maintenance station has a one-way combine door someone on the other side will have to let you in through, the nexus station is - well near the nexus and other stations are just tucked away. So the idea behind this is that it's a pretty safe area for rebels as ideally it's not gonna be as susceptible to sweeps n stuff. The only easy way in is through a building in the middle of the city that has a tunnel to an abandoned station.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
PFbgNKy.png

I'm working on building the new nexus loosely inspired by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, it'll be kinda like the overwatch nexus in city 17 and to the side of it, there will be a way to get to the citadel.

it's a big ass building, so I may make some others taller since this one is so huge but the actual real-world one is still much taller than any buildings surrounding it so we'll see.

"They call it the Monolith, in the heart of the city - not even god himself could know the horrors that go on in that building."

but yes the nexus is now a mix of human and combine architecture, will be interesting to hear thoughts on this but I think it's more realistic personally but if you guys disagree then please add a disagree to this post and I'll make it combine again, I can just use this building for another city 8 project :smiley:

edit: the complete front exterior
ijxCCET.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7085

Looks really good so far from the description on what is to be done and current shown area's. I'm looking forward to a new map, I'm already bored of i17 even though I've only played for two months. Hope this will be a really good map that can possibly be used as the next map :)

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
yall im stuck on a layout for inside the nexus :(

EDIT: I have finally come up with a layout huzzah!

Last edited:

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
yall im stuck on a layout for inside the nexus :(
I'd say make it very simple, a vast majority of the server will not see it.

Make it viable and well put together for CAB, and less detailed for the Nexus below.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
I'd say make it very simple, a vast majority of the server will not see it.

Make it viable and well put together for CAB, and less detailed for the Nexus below.
What me and the focus group ultimately decided on overall (this isnt the layout of the nexus) is for the nexus to be for overwatch forces and then there to be a way to the citadel, this way would include an abandoned subway tunnel for resistance to try and breach namely during events

although i still dont know what the actual nexus layout should be lol

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
There's a debate within the focus group on whether to have a citadel or not, so I decided to get additional feedback on the subject here.

Right now the CAB is in the Citadel, but should the citadel be removed entirely? Please give an agree if you think yes to CAB in citadel, etc or a disagree if no citadel at all and they all just go into the nexus (skybox citadel wont go dw).

I didn't really want to post another poll because it's kinda cluttering the thread but it's needed I think.

EDIT: If there is a citadel it will be raidable and the subway will be collapsed into the pit where the citadel is, like in hl2

Last edited: