Serious City 8 Redux

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
I've decided the capsule apartments are not up to the standard I want, so I am going to be doing it (it'll have a lobby and stuff this time.)

Reactions: List

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
i sort of lost 2tb worth of data from two of my drives - the map file wasn't in either luckily but all the content for the map was so I need to remake and reobtain a bunch of content :(

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
How is this going?

I've been busy with work and exams, this coupled with needing to remake some of my custom assets it's going to take a while.

I'm hoping to get back into it soon and then it shouldn't take too long. I'm predicting it should be fully done by maybe December at the very latest but probably sooner.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
I haven't actually mentioned this here but the new city layout is an expansion of City 8. The main road in front of the nexus and ration distribution now loops back around to D2, sort of like how i17 loops around.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Will be posting more pics later but for now, here's a picture of the redesign of the store next to transit.
yxh4t3K.png

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
unknown.png

This is the new Neotokyo inspired window design for one of the stores by the entrance of the alleys, remade from what I pointed out earlier.

The original window frame design was a Left 4 Dead 2 prop, and since I'm removing L4D content I decided to remake it like a neotokyo storefront. I also think this brings back more of the cyberpunk aesthetic.

dvn

Atom
Nebulae
unknown.png

This is the new Neotokyo inspired window design for one of the stores by the entrance of the alleys, remade from what I pointed out earlier.

The original window frame design was a Left 4 Dead 2 prop, and since I'm removing L4D content I decided to remake it like a neotokyo storefront. I also think this brings back more of the cyberpunk aesthetic.
neotokyo?
pog

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
I can confirm that the above user's use of the word "pog" hence forth followed beforehand by "neotokyo?" matches my feelings exactly

This is indeed, pog

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
In line with the new design I will most likely be redesigning the boat from i17 v3 as a form of Japanese ship, perhaps an old navy one? Maybe a small cruiseliner? Whatever it ends up as it'll be more interesting AND I'll be adding it into the main ocean not a random event skybox for realism (it'll be quite far away though and don't forget the leechwater.

In terms of optimisation it shouldn't prove an issue but if it does then I can just add a teleport from part of the ocean to the boat.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
unknown.png

New bridge design! This time around it's based off of the overpass from nt_pissalley, yes that is the name of the map.

I intend on somewhat opening up the map around the direction of the slums a little more until it reaches the city exit tunnel (Despite remaking the tunnel it's still keeping the quarantine zone-esque theme).

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
tfw hammer corrupts city 8 redux map and autosave was turned off for some random reason so your only copy is from two days ago and you have to remake everything from then onwards

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
tfw hammer corrupts city 8 redux map and autosave was turned off for some random reason so your only copy is from two days ago and you have to remake everything from then onwards
sucks to hear man
best of luck remaking it