Serious City 8 Redux

florek

Electron
Nebulae
The new judgment waiver sequence, was kinda a pain to get the timings right but it worked.
should try to get a custom voice maybe for the judgement waiver effect, same like atles map had

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm pretty sure atle's one was just TTS
Nah. C8's was done by a member of the community, C24's was done by the guy who did the announcements (or whatever) in Dishonoured 1 (I think).

florek

Electron
Nebulae
please god no I absolutely hate custom dispatch lines they are god awful
I mean I get that but eventually re-using the same iconic voice just gets boring to me, tbh. They used a new one in Alyx, and I honestly loved hearing something new and eery instead of just the same voice that doesn't even fit the "booming sound"

Reactions: List

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
I mean I get that but eventually re-using the same iconic voice just gets boring to me, tbh. They used a new one in Alyx, and I honestly loved hearing something new and eery instead of just the same voice that doesn't even fit the "booming sound"

the new one in alyx doesn't really make sense imo because they still use the old dispatch lines as ambience??? like what

florek

Electron
Nebulae
the new one in alyx doesn't really make sense imo because they still use the old dispatch lines as ambience??? like what
they used them as a place holder in the demo before implementing the new ones as they shipped the game, they probably weren't finished by then

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
they used them as a place holder in the demo before implementing the new ones as they shipped the game, they probably weren't finished by then
I've played the game, the ambience of city 17 uses the old dispatch lines still.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
T691egh.png

New checkpoint by the backalleys in D1, I'm adding a few checkpoints here and there. Honestly D1 shouldn't be a dangerous place - it has all sorts of union factions there. CWU shouldn't be getting mugged there. so I made it harder since the back alleys are expanded :)

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
no wonder neb lags so much, i17 v3 isn't very well optimised at all. none of the i17 maps are tbh

oh right I finished the new skybox. will share later

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Also v3b has like more loyalist apartments but they are really weird and bad so I fixed those up a little.
t4vHLQk.png

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
unknown.png

I've been adding cables to add to the city ambience, I think it looks pretty cool and adds an element of realism.

edit: I have since set the subdivisions for the cables from 2 to 8, basically means they look way smoother.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Would you guys like me to redo a large majority of textures and building designs to make it feel considerably more like Tokyo? I feel like city 8 doesn't give off Tokyo vibes as much as it could. (see this for reference https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1926983094&searchtext=left+4+dead+2)

react agree for change disagree for don't change

I'm surprised by how many people are up for this, also happy. This WILL more than likely change the aesthetic, but ideally it will make it feel more unique and right now the only thing making city 8 feel like tokyo is the posters and signs

Last edited: