Serious City 8 Redux

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
how about using HL1/Black mesa xen textures to map out the places with xenian overgrowth wall texture etc. wise?

I do have Black mesa props and textures readily available but it means the content would be considerably larger so there is that to consider, i'll have a look into if there is anything suitable though.

Reactions: List

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
1tIoXyC.png

the original doors were pretty trash imo so i replaced some with more detailed combine doors (not all, just the ones for this tunnel since they dont have pedestrian access and are meant to be heavy city limits doors)

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
how about using HL1/Black mesa xen textures to map out the places with xenian overgrowth wall texture etc. wise?

update: i tried using xen props and things. it didn't look very good. really i need actual infestation type props not props coming from the dimension itself. just doesn't look right.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
update: i tried using xen props and things. it didn't look very good. really i need actual infestation type props not props coming from the dimension itself. just doesn't look right.
In theory you could use them in your map (they're on the workshop after all) and just make a small content pack with them in.

Nebulae

i think the Dark Interval mod on ModDB used some HD xen textures from hl1 in some of its sewer sections, might be worth checking it out

its basically a raising the bar mod & RTB was supposed to have xen infested sewers too

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
In theory you could use them in your map (they're on the workshop after all) and just make a small content pack with them in.

the one currently on the workshop doesn't have like many at all and the ones it does have are a considerably smaller scale than HL2 props. it's weird.
[doublepost=1587398722][/doublepost]
i think the Dark Interval mod on ModDB used some HD xen textures from hl1 in some of its sewer sections, might be worth checking it out

its basically a raising the bar mod & RTB was supposed to have xen infested sewers too

I have all the textures and everything, but they just don't fit in. too brightly coloured and don't look very... infested. I might try a different approach but infested areas use alot of props and take a considerably longer time to do than normal areas so its unlikely.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
I'm thinking of incorporating more puzzle elements and such into the map, I've not come across many if any rp maps that still use puzzle elements but sometimes they are really good for RP when you want to get out rather than just run through shitwater tunnel and you escape

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
It's nearly that time.
RELEASE SCHEDULE
Main City ONLY Playtest - Est. May 21st
Main City & Wastes/Beach Playtest - Est. June 10th
https://discord.gg/VSpwvR9

Playtests are only for people on the discord, hope you can understand since it's better for collecting feedback.

edit: I also post really WIP stuff on there I don't think should be cluttering this thread, includes anything I cut.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
@Snowl you suggested this on spalius thread about a joint USE and Terminal office. Would you say the current building is suitable or should I remake it?

D

Deleted member 22

@Snowl you suggested this on spalius thread about a joint USE and Terminal office. Would you say the current building is suitable or should I remake it?
I'm ok with it being separate buildings if it means you turn out the map faster than you would adding a two in one building you can do whatever you want tho

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
I'm ok with it being separate buildings if it means you turn out the map faster than you would adding a two in one building you can do whatever you want tho

i'm not sure how neb usually does it but opposite the RDC is a building, it has offices and a broadcasting room. So really made for both Terminal and USE. I'm just wondering if it's suitable.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
"The coast is probably the safest place you could possibly be, a haven for resistance they say!"

"If only you didn't have to go through the old quarantined city wastes to get there - furthest most get is about a quarter of the way. It's a death trap."

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
animated half life alyx screens.
7sfidfM.png

it is fully animated.

alongside this there is the spinning planet, the JW screen and also another alert screen at areas of high-risk (this screen can be found in HLA at the entrance to the QZ)

I didn't include the citadel construction one for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
The new judgment waiver sequence, was kinda a pain to get the timings right but it worked.

EDIT: Made the delay between the pre-JW alarm one second longer, it sounds a lot better.

Last edited: