Serious City 8 Redux

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Normally I wouldn't post such a WIP thing on here but its major so, here is the new redesign for one of the stores in a more tokyo-esque design based off of yama.
unknown.png

The whole map will probably be more colourful

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Before:
unknown.png

After:
unknown.png

The closest building is being changed, its too clean fyi.

EDIT: a new shop
unknown.png

All assets used will be included in the content - you won't need yama or L4D1/2
I really hope this enhances the environment and makes it feel like a new map again

Last edited:

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
i8oKkpq.png

functional sliding doors, this is the building that leads onto the D1 bridge, the useless one. It's now a store on the bottom and multiple apartments on the top. and a roof because a lot of people wanted roofs.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
A glimpse of the brand new loyalist apartments. I'm still working on the lighting.

They are fully furnished but the props are prop_dynamic_override, so server admins can remove all of them if they want to let players decorate them but pre-decorated apartments work better to keep stress off servers who would otherwise persist them.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
EDITED:
xqw5iwA.png

Updated lighting for the inset lights at the loyalist kitchen.
EDIT: Fixed the spotlights and sprites, they were the wrong size.

Last edited:

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Oh my god I'm loving the texture changes to really give it the aesthetic

No more drab gray that all hl2rp maps strive for, for some reason

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
unknown.png

Progress on the remade ration distribution terminal, thoughts? This one is a tough one to do so all feedback greatly appreciated.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
NOTE: Ration distribution is being redone! I wanted to bring back the blue look of city 8 and thought it also looked too similar to a building in Yama.
pls someone give verbal feed:b:ack on what you think

EDIT:
Just a little extra, new loyalist block exterior. (Top half isn't changing)
unknown.png

Last edited:

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
do you guys like the new design/aesthetic of city 8?
if you guys don't like it then ill like make it back to original grey city 8.

agree yes disagree no

thank you for the feedback :grinning:
Very nice. Instead of looking like a European city with some made-up characters on billboards and shit, this actually reminds me of East-Asia.
These bits give me a strong HK vibe with the white tiles and plastic crates everywhere.

Do you make the signs yourself or do you use assets from other games? I know from personal experience, placing overlays over every sign gets tiresome after a while.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Very nice. Instead of looking like a European city with some made-up characters on billboards and shit, this actually reminds me of East-Asia.

These bits give me a strong HK vibe with the white tiles and plastic crates everywhere.

Do you make the signs yourself or do you use assets from other games? I know from personal experience, placing overlays over every sign gets tiresome after a while.

It does get tiresome, some signs are already worn but a lot of the advertisements and all that is not so I have to add overlays to make them seem busted. These assets are all from the Yama campaign which was a custom L4D campaign set in Tokyo. I'll be using inspiration from the village and temple levels for the port and wastes.

also I'm really glad people noticed city 8 doesn't look like Tokyo lol

Bruzzo

8th generation bastard
Nebulae
It does get tiresome, some signs are already worn but a lot of the advertisements and all that is not so I have to add overlays to make them seem busted. These assets are all from the Yama campaign which was a custom L4D campaign set in Tokyo. I'll be using inspiration from the village and temple levels for the port and wastes.

also I'm really glad people noticed city 8 doesn't look like Tokyo lol
I'll check the Yama campaign. I like the look of the map so far and it got me inspired to continue working on my own map project. Thanks!

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
I'll check the Yama campaign. I like the look of the map so far and it got me inspired to continue working on my own map project. Thanks!

yeah it seems pretty cool, big inspirational piece for this map. It's hard balancing yama with hl2rp but I'm kinda getting it I think. I'll post the new ration distribution terminal soon (scrapped the other red one).

Rookzilla

Quark
Nebulae
I mean that in no reductive way, what you have accomplished is amazing, I've worked with the NT assets before, If you need a hand (prefabs etc) with any of this please let me know.