Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
If any1 is wondering, this is how many lights u need to have in a scene to make it purrfect :wink:

DxwJoJ8.png
i work with less than that, but then again my scenes arent huge or overly complex

also ew. light kits

Reactions: List

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
@Slimaaconroy that was me :wink:
aye
hello again then
why the namechange?
[doublepost=1495440765][/doublepost]also why not just dump all your terranova art like pointman did?
theres quite a decent bit of fair work with the style

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
aye
hello again then
why the namechange?

i change name and delete my friendslist both kinda often, because i dont want to talk to a lot of them most of the time and i like being different accounts x)

[doublepost=1495440765][/doublepost]also why not just dump all your terranova art like pointman did?
theres quite a decent bit of fair work with the style

because i dont want to

some are on my posethread though albeit without captioning

[doublepost=1495450255][/doublepost]
.It would also be nice if the art you submit was new (one week old at max

sorry sir....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 243

YZoKkz6.jpg

4pW2i7k.jpg

so yeah, I made these for school, but they weren't my final result. those are at school, on the PC. I will try to get them asap for the next week, but this is my entry...

feel free to use them for whatever.​

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
simple round

@Jer, a very simple and quite popular concept. Not much to say besides that to be fair. The kind of artwork that you do is by all means good, it's just that it's fitting more for some banners that are in between text, as some sort of an extra detail for the viewer, rather than a proper poster. It's going to be hard for you to strike a jackpot with this style, but I believe in you fam, at least now when I see this kind of artwork on this thread, your name pops up in my head immediately

@MutumbaZomba, a rather straightforward screenshot, nothing more. Works as a concept for something bigger, but not much more than that. Nice colors however, though that's probably just because I personally like high-contrast and high-saturation editing, but yeah, nice, even though it's really simple

@Scone !, give 'em a rest mang,
thumbup1.gif

@Clark, another one of them propaganda posters. It's simple as well, but good enough for some kind of a portrait to hang on your wall

@Fred, really nice poster. I love how you posed that cop on right, pointing at the tortured guy, as if telling him what tool he'll use next. However, the two on the left seem to have been pretty much wasted in terms of potential - they don't do anything interest, nor do they add into the story, they're just space fillers. Other than that though, you've added some spicy lighting, which greatly added into the atmosphere. Overall, solid piece, wouldn't mind it as some kind of loading screen. Also, what kind of models have you used on your first submission? They look fancy as fuck

@Pale Rider, I'd probably be nice if it would be lit a bit more, I really can't see a thing there
shrugs.gif

@Heck, more of a scene than a proper pose, something for one of these good old posing comics. You got the movement right, but I don't know what to say more, it's just as simple as that

So yeah, big win of this really short round goes to @senselessArtist, I don't need to add more I guess

your_sins_weigh_down_on_your_back_by_senselessartist-db9d805.png

Second one goes to @Cavity, even though it's full of standard sequences,
because it works and the editing is spot on

7B378463B3FB259E865637A897088684619670E0

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
Thought I'd try something different for this week, so here's a design I made up for City Administration on my main server.

FUfeMi2.png

I'll also just explain it briefly. Simply it's a coin to show prosperity, and inside is a fasces, or the symbol of fascism. Essentially it's a bunch of sticks bound together to hold an axe, implying a strength in unity and numbers. Additionally there's the UU logo, because there just has to be that, right?

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
Thought I'd try something different for this week, so here's a design I made up for City Administration on my main server.

FUfeMi2.png

I'll also just explain it briefly. Simply it's a coin to show prosperity, and inside is a fasces, or the symbol of fascism. Essentially it's a bunch of sticks bound together to hold an axe, implying a strength in unity and numbers. Additionally there's the UU logo, because there just has to be that, right?
I really like the visual / technical side of things, but from a logical perspective it wouldn't make much sense for the Union to put a symbol of a widely hated ideology onto ther coints.

y not swastika tho..... :(

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I really like the visual / technical side of things, but from a logical perspective it wouldn't make much sense for the Union to put a symbol of a widely hated ideology onto ther coints.

y not swastika tho..... :(

I mean the US House of Representatives have a large pair of them hanging...

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
Because they don't give a fuck as they own the Earth, and it perfectly represents their ideology?
"hey there you primitive overly sensitive population who we decided to put up with and reshape to fit our ideology despite you proving to be unstable and rebellious as fuck and the only thing keeping most of you docile being illusion of comfort and stability, here let us throw this symbol of hatred that most of you hate in your face to show how peaceful we are"

"oh and also i just realized that even though we are a multi-dimensional empire who own thousands of worlds well pick this primitive human picture as our symbol"

Status
Not open for further replies.