Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
yeah

@Jer, a really basic poster, not much needs to be said. If you're going for things like that, you need to make sure you'll take care of every detail, as the viewers will focus on pretty much only one character/thing - you forgot about light that the lighting would cast on the vort for example. Nice work with that shadow though

@senselessArtist, first off, I'd like to not give two wins in a row, second thing is that while it is a hard photoshop task, it's more of a pretty novelty rather than a full poster, or anything alike. It has a good idea and could be used as a concept art for something, but nothing more than that. Still, I admire the fact that you won't just copy+paste your style and do exactly the same thing over and over again, but rather will try to do something new. Good on you mate,
thumbup1.gif
just for the originality

@Heck, quite a stale concept to be fair. The "good guy fighting for freedom till his death" theme was overused for quite a while and honestly, it just doesn't make me fancy it. The only thing interesting about it, is the way you choose colors, which is spot on in my opinion. Other than that, not much to see, editing is okay, same for posing, but nothing else I can put my sight on. Still, not bad at all, just lacks of a proper concept and content

@Evil & @Hoovie the Apansenok, @Fred & @MaXenzie and @Erkor get a solid
thumbup1.gif
that functions pretty much like a honorary, just don't want to suddenly place all of you as second winners and nor do I want to choose which one of you made the best artwork. They're all equally A+ to me

Not much of a surprise, the first place goes to @Syn(th), even though his artwork was more than a week old
Turned a blind eye to that rule this one time, just because of how original this thing is and that
I'd like to encourage people to do more of similar projects

c94f0f07ffc8.png

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I mean, I modelled it off this so idk??

32264246-Lumberjack-style-Handsome-young-bearded-man-holding-a-big-axe-and-looking-at-camera-while-standing-a-Stock-Photo.jpg
I've only seen people hold an axe with two hands when they were about to swing it

Note he is stationary so it doesn't look as weird as when the guy in your pose is in the middle of transitioning between a state of being stationary and being on the move

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
"An axe! Which made bullet richochet noises and had to be loaded with 9,000 of something- possibly splinters" - Yahtzee
ah the fire axe

power of an atomic bomb

range of a cocktail stick

truly a fearsome weapon when deployed by the U.S military

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 243

ah the fire axe

power of an atomic bomb

range of a cocktail stick

truly a fearsome weapon when deployed by the U.S military
dont forget project zomboid and people rushing at you with axes while u suddenly have a severe case of parkinsons and miss EVERY shot

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
dont forget project zomboid and people rushing at you with axes while u suddenly have a severe case of parkinsons and miss EVERY shot
i really couldn't care less about project zomboid

Status
Not open for further replies.