Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
5-minute plain pose with nothing going on in the background ft. shit post-processing
5DEBEC280CC737CB9A57EAFAAE30CEB2F78EB40F

Shit lighting and camera placement.
55A59F4B3D1899DBD6AD6603EC2CC533A802D3FE

Last edited:

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
Overdone, over edited and overly edgy VHS aesthetic

''surely this is an original idea'' - @me, 5 minutes before i started

t4puLPW.png

could be much better if you bettered the vhs effect thingy and didn't lazy it out by just 3ding it
also background is too bland and the rebel-magnum-holding guy is way too stiff

Reactions: List

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae

what Im working on right now.

This obviously needs more polish and lighting

Last edited:

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
Can I put in another entry?

I'm putting in another entry, because it's a redux of something I posted here once before.

bGwJ0sf.png

LWFjaK3.png

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Can I put in another entry?

I'm putting in another entry, because it's a redux of something I posted here once before.

InhpLdA.png

LWFjaK3.png

tbff

holy shit

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
-snip

Last edited:

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
5-minute plain pose with nothing going on in the background ft. shit post-processing
5DEBEC280CC737CB9A57EAFAAE30CEB2F78EB40F

Remove that post processing effect, lower the fov so all of the figures in the pose fill the picture
slap a nice dust overlay, blur the background of the figures a bit and you got yourself a nice lil picture
try fix up the vortigaunt as well, his right hand is random

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
whoops

just thought i'd post it, wasn't intending to post it in the art competition and i didn't have enough poses to make my own thread so i thought i'd post it here

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
01100010 01101111 01101111 01110000

@247-0006-0001 'Jimbo', I'll give you some rest fam. Also, my opinion hasn't changed, you should've put less of the blur on your edit, but otherwise it's pose pretty good. Maybe a bit dull, but meh, it's a test as you said.
thumbup1.gif

@Heck, it's honestly really easy to do one like this, but nevertheless it still looks good. It feels much like one of these loading screens you get after completing a heist set up in Online, that just shows your recent location in a blurry manner. Not bad, but not stunning either

"The city's on fire." Marcus murmured across the cramped apartment, half-hidden in the shade, a crack of light illuminating a single eye.

"What?" Bruce glanced up from his paper over the smoky room, the incredulous expression turning over a pretty clear indicator that he wasn't sure he heard that right.

"The city's on fire." Marcus reiterated, louder, still staring, not moving an inch.

"That's what I thought I heard. What do you mean the city's on fire?" Narrowed eyes and a quiet huff, paper down, the clearest indicator Bruce could think to give that he's paying attention. The gesture goes unnoticed by Marcus, he's still staring out the window. A louder huff follows to get that point across.

Breaking off finally, Marcus locks onto Bruce's eyes, "You know the city? The city we live in? City Seventeen? It's on fire." The sass put forward doesn't match the flat face of exhaustion, or the deathly-serious glare, and his eyes go right back to the window.

Sarcasm drips from Bruce's lips in turn, "Oh right. Thanks. You didn't say that before." Tipping forward, pushing up, stubbing out his cigar and discarding his paper for later.

"Okay, but it's still on fire."

"I heard you before, what do you mean it's on fire? How bad?"

There was a little pause from Marcus, his eyes tracking something in the street. A muffled pop follows before he goes on, "Not small stuff this time, it's all on fire. This wasn't planned for, or expected. Something's different, something big is happening. Looks like everyone is jumping on the opportunity."

"Something big?" Bruce rolled his stiffened shoulders, slipping through the room. That's about when the sirens started, the building shaking with each blare. More muffled pops, gunfire. Even a few blasts for good measure, far too close for any comfort. "Oh," Bruce ran a hand across his jaw, "Something big..."

Moving over to peek out with Marcus he saw the scene outside. Smoke and fire was an accurate assessment. He'd neglected to mention the rapid mobilisation of jackboots down every street and alley, and the fair few flooding into this very apartment block.

"They're trying to contain it, looks like, whatever the hell this is. Rounding us all up."

A short nod, staring down to a pair of units pointing up to their window, "This is bad." Marcus observed, holding a revolver out to Bruce, "We aren't getting out of here."

Taken loosely in his grasp Bruce turns down a nod, "You think this is It?"

"This is It."

It's their turn already. Three thumps on the door.

"Civil Protection! Open up!"

Chest tight, a heavy lump in his throat, and just his heartbeat in his eardrums. Bruce paces over, swallowing hard, thumb cocking back the action and raising it steady to the door. This is exactly what the last twelve years was for "Yeah, sure. Let me get that for you!" His voice is just a foggy echo in the back of his head.

This is It.
Ms10M5q.png

-----------------------------------------------------------

bGwJ0sf.png
@RGB, I liked the story that came along with that amazing picture and admired the fact that you took your time to have another take on your previous art. I especially adored the lighting on the second one, as well as these tiny reflections you made on water there. I'll give you some rest though, as I'd like to focus more on amateurs this round. Either way,
thumbup1.gif

@Exile, the second one is much better, thus I'll talk about it. First off, good camera angle, you nailed it with this one - not too open, with too much of empty space around like most of the beginners do, but a more filled up one while still showing a wide scenery. I also like how you created it's atmosphere with really dark lighting. Maybe a tad too dark, but it's impressive either way. Can't really complain about anything else, your best one so far and it has it's own style.
thumbup1.gif

@Isuckatgaming, edgy shit is always welcome here. Postman covered you here:
could be much better if you bettered the vhs effect thingy and didn't lazy it out by just 3ding it
also background is too bland and the rebel-magnum-holding guy is way too stiff
Sums it up in a short way to be fair. Imo, you should've angled the camera like it's suggested to do so in our guides, so nobody will see you're using gm_construct darkroom for this. Rest of the stuff, such as posing is written there as well, so go have a look. I like it's style though, even if it's a bit lazy, it still looks good to me. Not stunning, but can't say it's terrible either

@Pyromancer, it's actually a really good one. Even though it doesn't follow the rules, I shall give you honorary, because of it having practically every of it's aspect made with detail and precision. I especially like the lighting on this one, as well as camera angle. The only thing I could whine about would be posing, but it's not much of a deal.
thumbup1.gif

And for the winner

You've earned it @FieldersNL. After so much time.

9d74JRY.jpg

Finally a good camera angle, followed by solid posing and really good blood effect.
thumbup1.gif

And the honorary

@Pyromancer

3TpRbFH.jpg

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Sums it up in a short way to be fair. Imo, you should've angled the camera like it's suggested to do so in our guides, so nobody will see you're using gm_construct darkroom for this. Rest of the stuff, such as posing is written there as well, so go have a look. I like it's style though, even if it's a bit lazy, it still looks good to me. Not stunning, but can't say it's terrible either

heh who needs guides,,,,,,,,,,,,,

not like i'll post again within the next 6 months tbh

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
01100010 01101111 01101111 01110000

@247-0006-0001 'Jimbo', I'll give you some rest fam. Also, my opinion hasn't changed, you should've put less of the blur on your edit, but otherwise it's pose pretty good. Maybe a bit dull, but meh, it's a test as you said.
thumbup1.gif

@Heck, it's honestly really easy to do one like this, but nevertheless it still looks good. It feels much like one of these loading screens you get after completing a heist set up in Online, that just shows your recent location in a blurry manner. Not bad, but not stunning either

@RGB, I liked the story that came along with that amazing picture and admired the fact that you took your time to have another take on your previous art. I especially adored the lighting on the second one, as well as these tiny reflections you made on water there. I'll give you some rest though, as I'd like to focus more on amateurs this round. Either way,
thumbup1.gif

@Exile, the second one is much better, thus I'll talk about it. First off, good camera angle, you nailed it with this one - not too open, with too much of empty space around like most of the beginners do, but a more filled up one while still showing a wide scenery. I also like how you created it's atmosphere with really dark lighting. Maybe a tad too dark, but it's impressive either way. Can't really complain about anything else, your best one so far and it has it's own style.
thumbup1.gif

@Isuckatgaming, edgy shit is always welcome here. Postman covered you here:

@Pyromancer, it's actually a really good one. Even though it doesn't follow the rules, I shall give you honorary, because of it having practically every of it's aspect made with detail and precision. I especially like the lighting on this one, as well as camera angle. The only thing I could whine about would be posing, but it's not much of a deal.
thumbup1.gif

And for the winner

You've earned it @FieldersNL. After so much time.

9d74JRY.jpg

Finally a good camera angle, followed by solid posing and really good blood effect.
thumbup1.gif

And the honorary

@Pyromancer

3TpRbFH.jpg
uh where is mine

Status
Not open for further replies.