Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
why everyone gotta make their pieces realistic

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
why everyone gotta make their pieces realistic
its more about making it have a bit more sense whilst looking cool than having it realistic. aint nothing wrong with making it look cool and all, but you gotta have some respect for how things go about in a pose so it doesnt look out of place and awkward

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
G6rkXZ5.jpg

Tried some scenebuild

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
rip a doodle ragdoll mover only works 10% of the time for whatever fucking reason and I can't be arsed to wipe my gmod so no more posing for me lol

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
If you guys know any recipes for neat and not too expensive cakes/cookies, I could send few beers down your way

@Dicknose, way better than before, it's actually filled up. You also fixed the lighting a bit, adding few more fires and all that, which makes it all look superb. I'd say that I have only two problems here: first one being all these clone troopers standing in rather stiff poses. Most of them are having straight backs, without bending forward whatsoever, which is mostly visible with the guy that's being dragged and that officer in red, that'd look way better if he'd be bending towards his injured squadmate. The second problem is this weird loss of focus on the background. Like, you have this commander on your right who is perfect and gets me rock solid, but whenever I look behind him, everything seems to be a little bit blurry. Nothing else is wrong here though, it's quite a solid piece of art if you ask me. Good job,
thumbup1.gif

@Heck, @Mizaye summed up my thoughts pretty much entirely
it seems rather flawed still when it comes to it.

Standard close quarters breaching, especially in apartments, usually start with officers carrying pistols serving as point-men, other than that, shields should move in first with SMG close behind should be the one taking accurate shots at the targets.
Plus, aiming with a pistol and shield like that is extremely in-efficient and difficult, considering the shield would have significant weight and balancing it out is still hard, most likely the guy will land his shots at the officer in-front of him or not hitting any-thing at all and being ultimately useless if the guy infront of him is taken out. It doesn't take a soldier to take out someone who's out in the open.
Plus, the shield guy is standing a bit too stiff, he could benefit from being slightly more lower to the ground to utilize that shield properly considering his legs can be shot, and if his back was a bit forward. The SMG guy is also rather stiff looking and could benefit from being a little bit lower to the ground, honestly I would have went for more effective stance with the MP7 being used like it should properly be used by holding it how you would hold any other two-handed firearm.

Another thing I may add, is that there's nothing happening in the background, if you have put in some other units moving off to the right or restraining a subject on the wall or ground, it would look much better.
However, like few other said, it's still pretty good. One thing though, what you did on your "flawed" version in terms of camera angle, seems to work out better. That zoom there actually saved a lot of space going to waste. Other than that though, I wouldn't say you're making bad steps here. I really like the attention to detail here, all you need to do now is just to keep on improving like you do

@Zomba, really simple poster that seems rather unfinished. Props for scenebuilding, which probably took you a really large amount of time, but it still lacks of content, however doucheish it might sound. First thought that appears in my mind when I see this picture, is that there is not enough zombies: one could be crawling through the grass, one throwing itself towards the camera, one trying to climb over the car, all that, make it a group, a crowd, a horde, just add more of them. It doesn't look intimidating enough. Another thing that should be added alongside with all these zombies, would be some kind of lighting, maybe the same style as the one you already added. It's kind of hard to say anything else, really, it just looks empty to me, but that doesn't mean that it can't get better. Work with it a little bit fam, I'm sure something wallpaper worthy can come out of this one

@liew, a really well made poster, good job. I honestly don't have much problems with it. First off, I don't really get it's concept - is it supposed to be some kind of metaphor, or maybe it's just some random mashup of various models? Second thing, there are few little effect glitches that break the immersion a little bit, like that messed up lighting on Barney. Nothing else than that though, really solid work, I'd like to see more,
thumbup1.gif

So yeah, the winner is @Bahdit, with his magical piece of art
I honestly can't pinpoint the exact thing that makes this one so good, but I'd say that
it's mostly colors and atmosphere you painted with all these effects. Great job

39CD2C9FA2FDFE6D630D76FF52F01AC971D1171E

And as for the honoraries, @RGB and @Jamie with @Anleas get them, as it would be just unfair to let you win

Still amazing artworks though

5UxqA6u.png

8yBSgkq.gif

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.