Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
I tried getting his chin more raised, but sadly the faceposer has a limit to how far it can go :( if anyone knows how to break these boundaries, would be nice to know cause so much meme potential is wasted

You can type the number you want into the faceposer, just click on the 1.00 or whatever an change it from there, no limit

Nebulae
The snow ridden landscape was silent- up until we ran straight into the midst of the field.
The Corporal fired a single round- and I undrew my gas grenade and threw it.

DreadKorpsofKrieg.png

I was supposed to be dead- but I wasn't. They had not even expected us to come running up. I knew this was going to be a victory.
The drums spewed and the trumpets played- we were aligned by our comrades, lined with gasmasks- a few shots were fired in reaction, followed by the coughing of our gas grenades.

DreadKorpsStepForth_Commissar_Jimbo.png

The air yellowed- and then the blade was drawn and a order was called.

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
I am altering the deal.

Pray I do not alter it any further.

But no, I'm replacing my entry, I'm finally drawing eyes and doing my own style.

UbFOdOF.png

Last edited:
Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay, so I got two here but want the first one to be my submission but would like feedback for both. Not my best poses but whatever, they're more about the concept than anything.
fs6_by_leviticus2-dbxgwsf.png

a4_by_leviticus2-dbxnxm4.png
I'm always a big fan of depression in art. Reminds me of other pieces I've done. I like it! I feel like it would actually be better without the text, since it leaves more to interpretation, and mechanically, it'd be better to zoom in, remove some empty space, OR make the empty space even more prominent to get that feeling of isolation. It's better to do either zoomed in for a close and personal feeling, or really far for the isolated feel. I like the uncomfortablity you added for the first picture especially.
Scenebuild = Perfect

Posing = Good, but you need to work a lil' bit on holding those guns. They don't look like they're being held correctly, but besides that, all good.

Also, get working on some major editing, it can really overhaul images. See below.
qdUMx3g.png

original

wanna get back into posing so what better way than the best posing competition on the internet!!!!
Nothing to say. This is perfect, and I have no problems with it. Keep it up!
Seconds.jpg

alright, again, I was not sure how to capture the atmosphere and the overall feel with this one, too. this one turned out a bit darker than I hoped for it be but I deemed it quite fitting. I still have an un-edited version, if anyone's interested in seeing that one instead.

EDIT: here's the un-edited version anyways
seconds_not_edited.jpg
I'll be honest. This is good, but not in the serious sense. Your posing, firstly, is actually great, especially on the guy on the right (Barring his bad foot placement) I think one of your best features is the absolutely comedic faceposing. Great intensity in the scene, lighting's great, and it really is actually fucking good.
handtohand.jpg

running out of good ideas real quick
Old ideas aren't bad ideas. Good old murder pose. Face posing isn't as in the moment as it should be, but considering it isn't your newest entry, don't matter.
Made this myself:

MkGu4i1.png

This is what I call real art.
funny
b3486f6f860a69d5f5f326f7a3e0c5a3.jpg

remake
couldn't find any ship models aa
Everything is blurred, but if this is a scene build, it's good!
even tho im reviewing this round im still entering

d726df839d.png
eh its ok
changing submission

forestobys.jpg
This one I like a lot. Great faceposing, great angle, and everything else is fucking great here. I can't see what's out of focus, but I don't think that matters much.
spyro_dawn_of_the_dragon_dotd_by_anleas-dc0jcle.png

maxenzie judge me
I will judge you. Good pose, good use of photoshop (I think) to blend in the two models. But besides that, not much interesting going on, just a staredown with a greenscreen background. Still, good stuff!
I'm not much for war posters, but this one is nice, man. Good posing, camera, and it really shows what happens during the downtime of war.
henlo_fren.png

a joke pose, felt like doing something, legit the only mental image that popped into my head...
Keep that faceposing up, it's incredible.
The snow ridden landscape was silent- up until we ran straight into the midst of the field.
The Corporal fired a single round- and I undrew my gas grenade and threw it.

DreadKorpsofKrieg.png

I was supposed to be dead- but I wasn't. They had not even expected us to come running up. I knew this was going to be a victory.
The drums spewed and the trumpets played- we were aligned by our comrades, lined with gasmasks- a few shots were fired in reaction, followed by the coughing of our gas grenades.

DreadKorpsStepForth_Commissar_Jimbo.png

The air yellowed- and then the blade was drawn and a order was called.

Both of these are great. Win would go here if you weren't consistently great and kept stealing a win, really digging the mise en scene you've done and the amount of content.
Not my best work but here what I have

3FE718B5195632DDBC23968881B13C4AD5388A11

DD7DE738FFDFD25657DCA93845B47522F0F53EBC

I'm not a fan of star wars, but the posing and lighting's pretty good! I'm not a fan of the generic triangle backgrounds that're ripped from the SFM workshop, but the posing on vader's pretty good.
I am altering the deal.

Pray I do not alter it any further.

But no, I'm replacing my entry, I'm finally drawing eyes and doing my own style.

cIao7VT.png

Doesn't exist right now, but I saw it. Good fucking drawing. Always a good one from you.

After seeing that he hasn't won in ages and made an incredible comeback from a long time of inactivity

Winner: @Vasey105
qdUMx3g.png

Honorable: @my g
952rv0N.jpg

First time judging, so hit me with those "you're not as good as @Lemon Cuntcake " replies en masse
:wink:

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I'm always a big fan of depression in art. Reminds me of other pieces I've done. I like it! I feel like it would actually be better without the text, since it leaves more to interpretation, and mechanically, it'd be better to zoom in, remove some empty space, OR make the empty space even more prominent to get that feeling of isolation. It's better to do either zoomed in for a close and personal feeling, or really far for the isolated feel. I like the uncomfortablity you added for the first picture especially.

Scenebuild = Perfect

Posing = Good, but you need to work a lil' bit on holding those guns. They don't look like they're being held correctly, but besides that, all good.

Also, get working on some major editing, it can really overhaul images. See below.

Nothing to say. This is perfect, and I have no problems with it. Keep it up!

I'll be honest. This is good, but not in the serious sense. Your posing, firstly, is actually great, especially on the guy on the right (Barring his bad foot placement) I think one of your best features is the absolutely comedic faceposing. Great intensity in the scene, lighting's great, and it really is actually fucking good.

Old ideas aren't bad ideas. Good old murder pose. Face posing isn't as in the moment as it should be, but considering it isn't your newest entry, don't matter.

funny

Everything is blurred, but if this is a scene build, it's good!

eh its ok

This one I like a lot. Great faceposing, great angle, and everything else is fucking great here. I can't see what's out of focus, but I don't think that matters much.

I will judge you. Good pose, good use of photoshop (I think) to blend in the two models. But besides that, not much interesting going on, just a staredown with a greenscreen background. Still, good stuff!

I'm not much for war posters, but this one is nice, man. Good posing, camera, and it really shows what happens during the downtime of war.

Keep that faceposing up, it's incredible.

Both of these are great. Win would go here if you weren't consistently great and kept stealing a win, really digging the mise en scene you've done and the amount of content.

I'm not a fan of star wars, but the posing and lighting's pretty good! I'm not a fan of the generic triangle backgrounds that're ripped from the SFM workshop, but the posing on vader's pretty good.

Doesn't exist right now, but I saw it. Good fucking drawing. Always a good one from you.

After seeing that he hasn't won in ages and made an incredible comeback from a long time of inactivity

Winner: @Vasey105
qdUMx3g.png

Honorable: @my g
952rv0N.jpg

First time judging, so hit me with those "you're not as good as @Lemon Cuntcake " replies en masse
:wink:

yourE not as good as lemon cakecunt >:((

Anleus

Proton
Nebulae
dw, you did fine :ok:
in fact, you did it so fine that you judged the artwork the same way as cuntcake would, the both of you saying there isn't happening much in my poses
:heyzeus:

maybe I should do something with fire and explosions, topped off with more explosions, violence and destruction and explosions next time :laughing:

Last edited:

Vasey105

Proton
Nebulae
dw, you did fine :ok:
in fact, you did it so fine that you judged the artwork the same way as cuntcake would, the both of you saying there isn't happening much in my poses
:heyzeus:

maybe I should do something with fire and explosions, topped off with more explosions, violence and destruction and explosions next time :laughing:

dudes just standing there doesnt cut it forever cause thats what ive been doing for like 3 years it gets boring
:heyzeus: need a bit of excitement

why is :heyzeus: censored

this is oppression

Status
Not open for further replies.