Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Man wearing a helmet

@goose, it's quite easy to make something like that, pretty much just some horizontal movement on that train and that's it. However, I like how you edited it, even if it's very subtle. It looks like one of those animations that look like they're for children, but they actually can be enjoyed by everyone. Idk, I like it, it just needs polishing and maybe more stuff happening around, like birds flying away at the sound of the train passing by, you know what I mean. Either way, cool stuff

yeah, it didn't take me that long to animate. most of the time was spent on lighting the scene.
there's someone sat beneath the tree beside a shotgun, holding a bottle of beer which you can't see very well because of the limited bitrate and dark tone. there birds on the right-hand side of the image although you can only see them in the headlights of the train.

i initially wanted it to present a man hanging from the tree, which the silhouette would be revealed by the train moving past, but scrapped the idea because it looked like shit.

Reactions: List

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
3A2BB074D1E3CDDB548C463A3C89F5C8CBAFE545

maga

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
you can use particles, editing them is not a requirement

just not the ones from the workshop

my suggestion is to use GCFScape and extract the particles from Insurgency/Day of Infamy, they're fairly good

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
qDWs53r.png

First shot at Gmod posing
Aspect ratio is artistic choice bc I got a widescreen monitor and it's a huge angle.
Still tryna get used to posing ragdolls so the L4D model had to do

Any experienced Gmod users with tips please?
I.e good tools from workshop idfk

e: give me back my media dev tag

Last edited:

karl-police

Nucleus
Nebulae
qDWs53r.png

Aspect ratio is artistic choice bc I got a widescreen monitor and it's a huge angle.

Give me all your tutorials and guides, please.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
even though @Danny has won i wanted to show y'all something cool

SSS (Subsurface scattering) is when translucent materials go red under intense light. Notable examples are your fingers when you put them near a bright lamp.

Here's artificial SSS in SFM.

be2e2ff50f.png
23a67d402c.png

Anleus

Proton
Nebulae
even though @Danny has won i wanted to show y'all something cool

SSS (Subsurface scattering) is when translucent materials go red under intense light. Notable examples are your fingers when you put them near a bright lamp.

Here's artificial SSS in SFM.

be2e2ff50f.png
23a67d402c.png
is that something to add to the material .vmt? otherwise a quick cheap thing is to just add a red colored spotlight, i've tried this before, just forgot about it lul

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
qDWs53r.png

e: give me back my media dev tag
Really, really nice.

Except those bin bags in the middle of the shot. Considering their location they stick out like a sore thumb. They seem very low in quality, and considering you have the SBMP pack (Judging by the tunnel, which is a prop inside that pack) there are a few better bin bags in it. Just search up "trash" in the Q menu and a bunch pop up.

Other than that, this is fantastic.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Really, really nice.

Except those bin bags in the middle of the shot. Considering their location they stick out like a sore thumb. They seem very low in quality, and considering you have the SBMP pack (Judging by the tunnel, which is a prop inside that pack) there are a few better bin bags in it. Just search up "trash" in the Q menu and a bunch pop up.

Other than that, this is fantastic.
You are right that they're poor in quality, but it's also a theme I used in the pic that the only saturated colour is orange/red.

Thank you though, my friend.

:^).

Status
Not open for further replies.