Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae
22bClQX.png

Thoughts? No post editing, raw from sfm.

Reactions: List

Anleus

Proton
Nebulae
Thank you, I wanted to add a citadel in the background but unfortunately I ain't that skilled. It didn't look good.
trick with big props (if u use SFM) is to make them smaller and put some rim lighting on it and it will look like it's distant if placed right.
by "placed right" I mean maybe by adding other clutter objects too (maybe like trees, mountains etc) that adds depth to the image, and then place them in a way that makes the citadel look distant, even tho it's literally right close to the camera, but then you don't have to fiddle around with ridiculously big objects in the editor (or in a gmod map).

edit: and then look at reference photos too of the citadel. Valve's hl2 concept drawings of the combine structure with the citadel looks so great

edit2: there's also some empty space in the scene which can be filled in with different props, just w/e you find really, what I do in my scenes is I just add literally whatever and place it around randomly, and drag it around etc. and then delete it again if it looks off
Kj3yfYM.png

unorganized af cus idk how to make folders in this shit

(yes I know i "edit" my posts a lot :x)

Last edited:

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae

"...The day they laid poor Pancho Low
Lefty split for Ohio
Where he got the bread to go
There ain't nobody knows..."
[​

7800564D9ECCDF346BABA6423C6C4562B624AF3B

"...Pancho needs your prayers, it's true
But save a few for Lefty too
He just did what he had to do..."

Last edited:
Reactions: List

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae
trick with big props (if u use SFM) is to make them smaller and put some rim lighting on it and it will look like it's distant if placed right.
by "placed right" I mean maybe by adding other clutter objects too (maybe like trees, mountains etc) that adds depth to the image, and then place them in a way that makes the citadel look distant, even tho it's literally right close to the camera, but then you don't have to fiddle around with ridiculously big objects in the editor (or in a gmod map).

edit: and then look at reference photos too of the citadel. Valve's hl2 concept drawings of the combine structure with the citadel looks so great

edit2: there's also some empty space in the scene which can be filled in with different props, just w/e you find really, what I do in my scenes is I just add literally whatever and place it around randomly, and drag it around etc. and then delete it again if it looks off
Kj3yfYM.png

unorganized af cus idk how to make folders in this shit

(yes I know i "edit" my posts a lot :x)
What did that image look like? Lmao

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae

"...The day they laid poor Pancho Low
Lefty split for Ohio
Where he got the bread to go
There ain't nobody knows..."