Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Shit, I should make these earlier, I'm tired as fuck

cjpYQ27.png
@Dinguss, it's honestly a pretty easy edit, but it does look good. The background kinda looks like from a pixelated game, and you could've went with that when editing this cop here. Still, while it's nothing spectacular, it does look nice.
thumbup1.gif

@Danny and @Erkor, still in good shapes, that's why I can't give you the win. Double
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
for double devs

@Piggo, I'm honesty surprised how well you pose and edit these, despite making them for some shitty meme. It's full of little details, the movement looks very fluid, lighting is top-noth, all that stuff. Just like the two gentlemen above, you get a
thumbup1.gif
and can go home, knowing that if only you weren't so good so often, I would've given you the first place

@Sixx, man, I loved FO:NV. Either way, while your poster might take inspirations form a neat game, it still does have some problems. First off, that posing of this Legionist is quite weird to say the least, he looks like his back is broken. I get what kind of pose you wanted to make, it just didn't work out. Second, and far more important issue, it's empty. Besides these four ghuls and one Legionist, there's nothing there.You could've added some terminals, or even just junk around, to make it feel far more full. I'd also lower your blur a little, it hides too much. It's not terrible and can be repaired. Good luck next time fam, maybe you should re-do this one and put it in next week?

@Numbers, I'm just gonna tag @RGB to give you his insight if he isn't too drunk to answer now. Imo though, it's proportions that turn me down (head to rest of the body, chest to legs). I admire the attention to detail though, and that shield

@Dicknose, a solid piece, I only don't get it why everyone uses borders now. Either way, you did both lighting and posing really well here, it feels quite realistic. What doesn't feel that way though, is how empty the background is. You could've honestly just added a dragon in the background, and it would do the trick. Not much else to complain other than that though, I must admit it's not too shabby at all

@Neythi, and interesting choice for a camera angle, I'll give you that. It's honestly not bad, the camera shows exactly all it needs to show, and no space is wasted. The only real problem I have here is that the posing here is either imported as a sequence from HL2, or is very stiff. I'd put this cop here in a pose I can only describe as "leaning back while sitting", and it would obviously happen with his back on the car. From that position, it'd be far easier for him to throw that nade, and be ready to shoot afterwards. It's pretty cool otherwise though, I like it

@RGB, the only thing that I don't like here, is how her left arm seems to be way too forward, resulting in an unnatural pose. Also, she's ripped as fuck

@ramsey, this pose here is a great example of what colors can do. This poster is bland, because there are no colors here. Even this quick edit looks better, and I just ran it through few filters and a color correction. It also looks like they're inside some sort of a building, in a corridor, but the lighting is like somewhere outside, during a rainy weather. If I were you, I'd go for some dark colors, maybe something with a hint of strong red, or orange. That way, everything wouldn't just mix together, with nothing highlighted by the light. Redo this one, please

Quite a few winners this round:

@M. Vonel for a really nice style

session29000504.png

@maga for generally doing a great job

1167d043276e.jpg

@Solo_D for drawing like they did in the good old comics

IMG_20180330_095134_908.jpg

and @CloudBucket for the atmosphere

TIgvhgQ.png

Reactions: List

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
Well now i've got a really hard time deciding which one of my latest I want to put up next

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
I was asked to better critique a pic but I don't have effort to put in so this is all I have to say on that pic I was tagged on

RCZ4JNs.jpg

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
Dragon Age Mabari

The lore behind those dogs is pretty cool. Strong and smarter than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.