Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
I guess It's my turn.

I editted @MaXenzie 's JoJo profile into a JoJo : Infinity War in Photoshop.

90f97bb6a6.png

bonus meme:
@TommyGman asked me if I could make him a 'badass CP' for his profile, I think I delivered.

b45462aed7.png

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae
5JMZVEi.png

Had allot of fun making this entry. Learned new photoshop techniques and all! Apologies if motion blur is off. I am still learning how to edit that.

I love this entry into SFM and the fact they put the models used onto the SFM workshop.

Reactions: List

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
since my last submission wasn't even mentioned in the results thread here is another i did for my game design degree > : (
31894549_1434121926694412_3638661684324728832_n.jpg

if you want to know how i do this kind of thing, see here;
i'll come up with some initial sketches, iterate them until i find something i like and want to move forward with (the desert landscape and campfire was redrawn like 5 times for example)
i'll take a photo or scan it in if i'm feeling fancy and slide that baby into photoshop, where i find a colour palette (coolors.co is a great site)
then i use the lasso tool, painstakingly go around all of the prominent items of the image and make them into new layers (very tedious to do when your picture is low res and auto select isn't useful)
i'll use standard photoshop brushes most of the time but sometimes i use these to paint certain things and begin colouring, which again is an iterative process using the layers i just made. i never paint with absolute flat colours, i'll always set the opacity of the brush to be quite low so when i stroke over colours they'll get darker or lighter in certain areas, in this case it was the fur and in parts of the sand where i wanted to create hills and shadows. using the burn tool is also a great way to achieve this but i mainly use that for anything that has creases in it such as clothing or hair.
once all of the colouring is done and i'm happy with it i'll play around with the standard filters, rasterising each of the layers to add strokes if i feel it's necessary, or an outer shadow, stuff like that.
the last and most important part is vectorising the image, not only because i think vectors look cool as fuck but they also allow me to scale the drawing to any size i want without losing resolution. it also flattens the colours for me but doesn't make them lose their shading or sense of depth which i really like; but if i were to paint them flat outright, they would lose that altogether.

then i post them on public forums in the hopes people will like them and shower me with praise so i can beat one off to the amount of +1s it gets :^)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
since my last submission wasn't even mentioned in the results thread here is another i did for my game design degree > : (

i'll come up with some initial sketches, iterate them until i find something i like and want to move forward with (the desert landscape and campfire was redrawn like 5 times for example)
i'll take a photo or scan it in if i'm feeling fancy and slide that baby into photoshop, where i find a colour palette (coolors.co is a great site)
then i use the lasso tool, painstakingly go around all of the prominent items of the image and make them into new layers (very tedious to do when your picture is low res and auto select isn't useful)
i'll use standard photoshop brushes most of the time but sometimes i use these to paint certain things and begin colouring, which again is an iterative process using the layers i just made. i never paint with absolute flat colours, i'll always set the opacity of the brush to be quite low so when i stroke over colours they'll get darker or lighter in certain areas, in this case it was the fur and in parts of the sand where i wanted to create hills and shadows. using the burn tool is also a great way to achieve this but i mainly use that for anything that has creases in it such as clothing or hair.
once all of the colouring is done and i'm happy with it i'll play around with the standard filters, rasterising each of the layers to add strokes if i feel it's necessary, or an outer shadow, stuff like that.
the last and most important part is vectorising the image, not only because i think vectors look cool as fuck but they also allow me to scale the drawing to any size i want without losing resolution. it also flattens the colours for me but doesn't make them lose their shading or sense of depth which i really like; but if i were to paint them flat outright, they would lose that altogether.

then i post them on public forums in the hopes people will like them and shower me with praise so i can beat one off to the amount of +1s it gets :^)

overgrowth

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae

good looking game. terrible gameplay. good work.

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
good looking game. terrible gameplay. good work.
i remember playing the closed alpha like five years ago on a shitty little laptop and then five years later i bought it for like £3 on G2A and finished it in two hours, very disappointing but has a lot of potential.
[doublepost=1526779568][/doublepost]
he's not wrong, the gameplay is awfully boring after the initial hour, fights with wolves means nothing but jump kicks and once you've got the sword you're so OP nothing can touch you
the parkour is okay but it's very poorly implemented, none of the AI follow you very well unless you're running so you can just pick them all off from a safe distance if you get high enough

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
he's not wrong, the gameplay is awfully boring after the initial hour, fights with wolves means nothing but jump kicks and once you've got the sword you're so OP nothing can touch you
the parkour is okay but it's very poorly implemented, none of the AI follow you very well unless you're running so you can just pick them all off from a safe distance if you get high enough

i play with a fuckton of mods that make combat fun so ehhh

also the mod campaign is better than the real one by several amounts

Status
Not open for further replies.