Proton
Nebulae
d05845cb27c8.jpg
Ground textures turn me off. Good pose tho

Reactions: List

Cookie!

Golly!
Nebulae
okay so i decided id give posing in gmod a go and see how I did, a fuck ton of images found below of generally the same scene. i'd like some feedback on what i could do better, maybe. (any programs to recommend to improve this technically, as well?)

ol7hfZ3.jpg

8rHZlMC.jpg

WPsJbko.jpg

MWDPEOt.jpg

GdVHSR9.jpg

4w3XdDG.jpg

T7gttWc.jpg

ewYCTHL.jpg

dPsiagF.jpg

i know its annoying to see so many angles of one image, sorry about that.

D

Deleted member 5162

okay so i decided id give posing in gmod a go and see how I did, a fuck ton of images found below of generally the same scene. i'd like some feedback on what i could do better, maybe. (any programs to recommend to improve this technically, as well?)

ol7hfZ3.jpg

8rHZlMC.jpg

WPsJbko.jpg

MWDPEOt.jpg

GdVHSR9.jpg

T
T7gttWc.jpg

ewYCTHL.jpg

dPsiagF.jpg

i know its annoying to see so many angles of one image, sorry about that.
Right, lets see what you've got here...
  • Use camera and it's zoom, it'll look more good
  • Never use Field DoF, use Super DoF instead
  • CP's Pistol is dropping incorrectly, it should face the ground and fall down.
  • Lighting lacks badly and sometimes, you can't see the other details in the scene.
  • vC3qlJx.png
    Who's that dude and what is he doing?
  • There was a rebel near the guy with a revolver, where'd he go?
Overall, this scene is alright but needs to be improved and fixed up a little, though, I must say that poses are done alright, better than a posing starter, you're on a good way son.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
ysUAeeW.png

MNTnwKY.png

going with a typical yellow theme i like to use, reminds me of a character select screen or something like that

i really love how it came out to be honest

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
ysUAeeW.png

MNTnwKY.png

going with a typical yellow theme i like to use, reminds me of a character select screen or something like that

i really love how it came out to be honest
Where to get such cool character models

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Doing this round one day faster, because I'm going to be out for a week tomorrow

Also, you were all too good to pick up only one winner, so I decided there will be vote this week, and we'll see who wins by having more friends to vote for him

I'm going to throw my few cents in here traditionally though

@Zombine, this is the type of photography that I was talking about. It might not seem like much, but the aesthetically pleasing look gives you this warm feeling inside you, which essentially translates into me giving you a
thumbup1.gif
without a question. Good palette of colors, nice cropping, could see it as something you could sell to some artsy site for them to make a banner or something

@Dicknose, this poster right here is your masterpiece. I honestly love watching people slowly become god-tier under my fuck-worthy criticism. I love pretty much everything in this picture, a solid
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
from me, I'm sure it's somebodies wallpaper now

@Sixx, as always, I'm pleasantly surprised with each piece you show here. Outstanding work, even though I see that not everything here is yours (at least I think so, judging by variations in quality and style). Truly something I love to come here for, giving you
thumbup1.gif
for that as well

@Exile definitely a bit too much of these volumetrics, but I'm glad that you're experimenting with lighting, and I must say that you're on right track. @Flanders did an amazing edit of your work and this is generally what you should be aiming for here. Your framing is pretty good, same for posing, even if not much is shown here about it, you still attend to such details like that little opening of mouth on the rebel. It's pretty good, something I could see in a character bio. Good job man,
thumbup1.gif

IMG-20180519-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20180519-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20180519-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20180519-WA0011.jpg
@Sky kid, love me some Dudley (second picture, top), a character I actually mained for both SF3 and SF4, but I think Sagat (first picture) is probably the best looking one here. Solid
thumbup1.gif
, I can't really say much more than that, it's just an outstanding work

@John McRee, a simple, good poster. Honestly, while it's concept ins't anywhere near being interesting, I just like how it looks. Really don't know what to say about it, so I'll just say that I like it, end

@Piggo, as usually outstanding work. Great posing here as well, even though the perspective we have on that waving arm of one of the soldiers is a bit weird. I do however like how panoramic this one is and that you've shown end of the horizon, that seemingly looks like a sea. Nice work

@Corrage, I'm just going to direct you to our guides here, they'll tell you more than I will. First of all though, I'd aim for improving your camera work. You can get a lot of inspiration and an idea of how to properly capture a scene from a tons of movies, and as I usually mention, Sin City is probably one of the most artsy ones out there, so just watch some movies, and look for such artsy scenes

@liew, ye,
thumbup1.gif

@Cavity, ye,
thumbup1.gif

@FieldersNL, you're only getting better with that posing,
thumbup1.gif

See you all in a week, I'll announce the winner when I get back home

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Voting is up now, every third vote might, or might not win a free trip to Nebulous Media Development Team HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.