Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
@spectry, take your win and leave for few weeks
if only it was that simple

1b4b4ce0a0.jpg

edit: it took me 5 hours, 1 bluescreen and 2 renders that total take up 2:30 hours before finally editing it for 30 mins

Last edited:

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Not much, but still will do

@Nova_, you obviously get a win, but wanted to point out that the middle part got boring really fast. It could've been easily cut into about 2 minutes, and it'd tease you way better, than give you this solid kick of "wow, I want to buy Arma now" at the beginning, and pat you gently for the rest of it, making you want to skip the video. Still, the editing was gorgeous, and it's something fresh to see here, so that's a big win

@b00ty_Senpai, I like it's concept, however there are few things that mess it all up. First off, I'd lower the camera to be around the injured guy's belt, as well as follow The Rule of Thirds. That way, you'd have an interesting perspective on the scene, and make it easier to fill it all up. Another thing I'd add, would be making the guy there looking like he gives up, isntead of screaming in pain, as if he'd realise that what he's doing is pointless. Going to effects, I'd definitely change that explosion in the background to a more HD one, there are tons of them on Gmod workshop, check them out. Another one would be switching those bullet traces to those from smg, and changing the face gestures of that asian male in the upper corner, he looks like he's ready to scout that bumhole. Other than that it looks okay though, pretty neat concept.

@spectry,
thumbup1.gif
, and now fuck off, you're scaring newbies off

@Scone !, finally filled that shit up

Ok, obvious wins:

@Scone !, @Nova_

ZsyUhlJ.png

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

@Nova_, you obviously get a win, but wanted to point out that the middle part got boring really fast. It could've been easily cut into about 2 minutes, and it'd tease you way better, than give you this solid kick of "wow, I want to buy Arma now" at the beginning, and pat you gently for the rest of it, making you want to skip the video. Still, the editing was gorgeous, and it's something fresh to see here, so that's a big win

@b00ty_Senpai, I like it's concept, however there are few things that mess it all up. First off, I'd lower the camera to be around the injured guy's belt, as well as follow The Rule of Thirds. That way, you'd have an interesting perspective on the scene, and make it easier to fill it all up. Another thing I'd add, would be making the guy there looking like he gives up, isntead of screaming in pain, as if he'd realise that what he's doing is pointless. Going to effects, I'd definitely change that explosion in the background to a more HD one, there are tons of them on Gmod workshop, check them out. Another one would be switching those bullet traces to those from smg, and changing the face gestures of that asian male in the upper corner, he looks like he's ready to scout that bumhole. Other than that it looks okay though, pretty neat concept.

@spectry,
thumbup1.gif

Ok, obvious wins:

@Scone !, @Nova_

ZsyUhlJ.png

thanks duder

the trailer was mainly to showcase the kind of thing players would see in the corrisponding event, but i got severe "i need to finish this fuck my life it's taking me foreever please make it stop"

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

@spectry,
thumbup1.gif

Ok, obvious wins:

@Scone !, @Nova_

ZsyUhlJ.png

u better give out rewards kid

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae

@spectry,
thumbup1.gif

Ok, obvious wins:

@Scone !, @Nova_

ZsyUhlJ.png

where's my comic tho? :((

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
meh

@Maxim, it's... Uninteresting. While I really like poses that show some fight, this one just doesn't shine with anything new, nor with and bigger tensity or movement. That's probably because of three reasons:
#1, you've used standard animations for most of your ragdolls, and the remaining few are basically bit edited standard sequences
#2, the camera angle is boring. Ever saw a military movie? Just look up Saving Private Ryan for example, you'll get what I'm saying, or just look up on any of my previous reviews of action poses, as I honestly keep repeating myself each round
#3, the scenery is closed, and what I mean by that, is that it looks as if nothing would exist after these borders, no prop, or character is on it's edge. An easy fix, would be placing few dead bodies on them, or simply zooming in, or even cutting it, like here (of course, you'd also need to add more stuff near those cops and etc).
It also lacks of content near those cops, plus they don't really seem like they need to protect that gate, as it looks sturdy af. Either way, not a bad try,
thumbup1.gif

@Scone !, is that an armless, edgy CP on right, and a waifu in the middle with a dick book?

@b00ty_Senpai, honestly, it's a
thumbup1.gif
worthy piece. I like it's concept, with that grenade as a last try to kill evil combines, it's just the details that mess it up a bit. First off, the most important one, his face - it looks more as if he'd be on crack, with his eyes wide open, looking at that nade as a snack. Not real facial expressions that'd indicate his pain, but also maybe some happyness of him having an actual chance to still win. Another one is that it could easily be zoomed in way more, and it'd look way better, without as much space wasted, like here, or even maybe moved it a little bit to the right, and rotated to the left, so that it'd be facing the soldier from more of a side perspective. Last one is the general low quality model and blood decal, but overall, you're getting there fam, you really are. You used rule of thirds, as well as gave it a really good concept. Mang, I'm proud of you,
thumbup1.gif

@Eddard Stark, I try to not judge screenshots, unless they're actually edited nicely, or are stunning by themself. It's a nice shot, but not much of your work has been put into it, so ye

@moonman, żeby ze szwabem grać...
Seriously, it's been fun to watch. It's more of a meme than a submission, but it was good. Send me the server IPs over the Steam fam

No win for today, too many people to choose from

moonman

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Send me the server IPs over the Steam fam

i don't even remember ip/name of the hl2rp server it probably has 0 players atm and will probably stay at that X

as for the second one its perpheads i mean just google it it's a pretty popular server especially in yuropoor evenings it's mostly full

Reactions: List

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
It's weekly, you just entered into this week's submission lot. Mine is still in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.