anyone who is doing melee weps only message me plz
no

27e9c67dcc.jpg

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I actually quite liked the endings and their different meaning

The whole point of this game from the very start was to become a self-destructive Night City legend, we have witnessed Jackie - someone who's been in the Night City game longer walk down this exact same path, actually one could argue that the fast-forward of "6 months later" which you get at the start of the game? That's Jackie's 6 months; the exact same time you're alloted.

Now, with that time; you're given a few pretty clear choices.

Become a Night City legend like you always wanted to and ultimately ruin your relationships and V still proclaims to be unhappy in much of the dialogue, I'd argue this is the bad ending; you succumb to the same trap Jackie did; now you're due for 6 months of doing self-destructive shit until you kick the bucket, the only difference being you've got no one there by your side when you do it, it's honestly even more tragic than Jackie's death.

There's the Aldecaldos ending, which I'd consider the good one, you're not only free of Night City but you're free of your obsession to be something greater, the whole game built up to what you valued, and choosing to value a family - something that no matter what start you get you'll never have elsewhere means you break that circle.

You might have only 6 months much like Jackie's starting bit, but you spend it setting the foundation for people you truly care about instead of dying in the backseat of a car. At that- while Night City would see you forgotten in another fifty years just like Johnny - the next generation of Aldecaldos definitely wont, it's a different kind of rememberance and to me it's a far more beautiful one.

Then there's blowing your brains out which to me almost makes more sense than being a Night City legend, because at least you haven't jeopardized anyone else in the process, this and the secret ending share the exact same principle - its either a quick way out or a prolonged suicide.

You can also surrender control to mister Arasaka himself - this one's a strange ending to me because you've been through so much with Johnny just to end up exactly like him, I've really got no thoughts about this one, it's just a pretty dumb thing to do knowing they only serve to use people and their foundations aren't grounded in morality, you'll be the next Silverhand most likely.

Getting beamed back to earth from here - I could have a few opinions on but honestly it doesn't really tell us much about what happens when we get back - only difference is the Arasaka poking seems to have left a lot of demons in V's head - not very mentally sound, probably has even less time than alloted in the other ones. Depending on your V it's either a worse version of the Panam ending or a corporats wet dream because they've just sucked on Arasaka toes and Jackie probably despises you from the afterlife, it's the easy choice to make but I don't think it's the best for you or the people you care about.

Johnny checks in is a pretty cool ending, the question here is just how much of V has stayed with Johnny in this ending since vice-versa applies, I'd like to think there's a chance they could still co-exist and take care of the people they care for with Johnny in charge - but with that bus-ride at the end and the upset Panam/romance option in the credits I'd wager he just does what he would've wanted you to do, which is to fuck Night City off- and even then he'd have been happier with Alt up in roboheaven.

All in all the choices V goes through as a person makes every ending make sense to me. It's a delibirate tale of obsession and the unhealthy ways we all go to search for happiness until it hits us in the face that the simpler things are what always mattered more, and that not matter what we do we can't really bring someone we've lost back, which is ironic since its the central theme of the game. Riding off into the sunset with Panam and making that choice not just for V but I'd like to think for Jackie's sake too felt very rewarding.

I'm sure the game will expand on all this stuff with DLC's but even then I'm not nearly as upset as most people seem to be with the conclusion.

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I actually quite liked the endings and their different meaning

The whole point of this game from the very start was to become a self-destructive Night City legend, we have witnessed Jackie - someone who's been in the Night City game longer walk down this exact same path, actually one could argue that the fast-forward of "6 months later" which you get at the start of the game? That's Jackie's 6 months; the exact same time you're alloted.

Now, with that time; you're given a few pretty clear choices.

Become a Night City legend like you always wanted to and ultimately ruin your relationships and V still proclaims to be unhappy in much of the dialogue, I'd argue this is the bad ending; you succumb to the same trap Jackie did; now you're due for 6 months of doing self-destructive shit until you kick the bucket, the only difference being you've got no one there by your side when you do it, it's honestly even more tragic than Jackie's death.

There's the Aldecaldos ending, which I'd consider the good one, you're not only free of Night City but you're free of your obsession to be something greater, the whole game built up to what you valued, and choosing to value a family - something that no matter what start you get you'll never have elsewhere means you break that circle.

You might have only 6 months much like Jackie's starting bit, but you spend it setting the foundation for people you truly care about instead of dying in the backseat of a car. At that- while Night City would see you forgotten in another fifty years just like Johnny - the next generation of Aldecaldos definitely wont, it's a different kind of rememberance and to me it's a far more beautiful one.

Then there's blowing your brains out which to me almost makes more sense than being a Night City legend, because at least you haven't jeopardized anyone else in the process, this and the secret ending share the exact same principle - its either a quick way out or a prolonged suicide.

You can also surrender control to mister Arasaka himself - this one's a strange ending to me because you've been through so much with Johnny just to end up exactly like him, I've really got no thoughts about this one, it's just a pretty dumb thing to do knowing they only serve to use people and their foundations aren't grounded in morality, you'll be the next Silverhand most likely.

Getting beamed back to earth from here - I could have a few opinions on but honestly it doesn't really tell us much about what happens when we get back - only difference is the Arasaka poking seems to have left a lot of demons in V's head - not very mentally sound, probably has even less time than alloted in the other ones. Depending on your V it's either a worse version of the Panam ending or a corporats wet dream because they've just sucked on Arasaka toes and Jackie probably despises you from the afterlife, it's the easy choice to make but I don't think it's the best for you or the people you care about.

Johnny checks in is a pretty cool ending, the question here is just how much of V has stayed with Johnny in this ending since vice-versa applies, I'd like to think there's a chance they could still co-exist and take care of the people they care for with Johnny in charge - but with that bus-ride at the end and the upset Panam/romance option in the credits I'd wager he just does what he would've wanted you to do, which is to fuck Night City off- and even then he'd have been happier with Alt up in roboheaven.

All in all the choices V goes through as a person makes every ending make sense to me. It's a delibirate tale of obsession and the unhealthy ways we all go to search for happiness until it hits us in the face that the simpler things are what always mattered more, and that not matter what we do we can't really bring someone we've lost back, which is ironic since its the central theme of the game. Riding off into the sunset with Panam and making that choice not just for V but I'd like to think for Jackie's sake too felt very rewarding.

I'm sure the game will expand on all this stuff with DLC's but even then I'm not nearly as upset as most people seem to be with the conclusion.
you only get a drink at Afterlife if you die

I like to think the ending is saying no matter what choices you've made, you're a legend in Night City. A dead one, but a legend.
And while I concur, my issue still sits with the fact that - irregardless - it amounts to the same demise, or at least it's IMPLIED to amount to the same demise.

When it's a pre-determined story like Arthur Morgan's (RDR2), it's far easier to swallow because that's not YOUR character, really; it's you following the story of that character and living it out, not forging it yourself. From A to B in Cyberpunk, you're very much the one FORGING the story; choosing who they are, what they do, what decisions they make, who they oppose, who they support, who they love, who they hate, so on.

So to get an Arthur Morgan-styled ending (just without Marston) to a character that's been so personalised to you; yeah, it is a little shitty. I feel like when you spend so much time curating that character through decisions in the story, it should also be down to you whether or not they live at the end.

Had they of gone with the idea of 'to live, Johnny must die' - Jesus Christ, that would've been perfect in my opinion; Johnny was an amazing character to me and I developed a close connection to him throughout the game, especially when he all of a sudden admits he'd gladly die for you after the Voodoo missions and even more when you go through his personal questline.

So had they of given me that option, it'd have been a massive heart-wrenching decision. But, it was the complete opposite for me; Johnny being forever lost in cyberspace just so V could get an extra six months - one filled with pain, at that - just felt like an insult to his character. Yes, it certainly does fit the dark realities of that world, but I feel like it would've paid far more respect to Johnny's character and the development with him if - instead of sacrificing him for a few extra months and railroaded ending - you were able to sacrifice him for V to live on, and then you were actually able to live out the process of V becoming a Night City legend; that right there I think was one of the largest wasted potentials there is.

I don't know; I have faith in CDPR and I truly have a feeling they're going to expand on the ending. If not, the game is still more than worth playing in my opinion. I have 3-4 character ideas lined up because I want to see the most of the game before CDPR starts releasing their free DLC early next year, and I truly believe them when they say;

Farp117.png

Just my take.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
just fell down a one foot ledge and died ok

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
I found grove street:
ceAG2pV.jpg
no way in hell did you JUST HAPPEN to find the guy from saints row AND grove street.

According to my calculations, the odds of that happening are 1 to 7.500.000.000. You owe us an explanation.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
no way in hell did you JUST HAPPEN to find the guy from saints row AND grove street.

According to my calculations, the odds of that happening are 1 to 7.500.000.000. You owe us an explanation.
I just got lucky

like that minecraft speedrunner who totally didn't cheat

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
bikes 10x better than cars

if you disagree you're factually wrong

also;

• Non-railroaded endings where you're able to decide if V lives.
  • More romance partners; although I suspect that to come in DLC.
  • More intense traffic.
Otherwise, honestly? No other issues with the game. Obviously it's a buggy mess that needs fixing; I was only mentioning things that aren't already being screamed in the developer's face.

Does anyone know anywhere where you can leave actual official feedback to CDPR, aside from the steam page?

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
yo i haven't got the game but, the streets look a little empty

what's up with that

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae

what's up with that
Tends to involve times of day and location; not to mention if you’ve got the population density option on high or low.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
ALL MY HOMIES LOVE JACKIE

I WILL ONLY EVER USE JACKIE'S BIKE EVER

MISS MY MAN JACKIE LIKE
I'm a bad driver, I didn't want to damage it

he would kill me

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

what's up with that

I got pretty filled up streets usually, never noticed a low. Although, people can turn down density of crowds and enable some HDD mode, which I assume reduces the amount of roaming NPCs further.