Cyberpunk 2077

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
For real though some of the concepts in terms of environments and careers that stem from this game are fucking incredible; stuff I’d never even considered at all to be present in a game like this. Trauma Team though has to be one of the highlights for me concept-wise, since it’s private healthcare where all the doctors are given guns and your medical bill can be influenced by if equipment is used as well as how much ambulance fuel is used up.

Same goes for the more minor details; like how I’ve noticed that kitchen cookers are no longer a thing since most people seemingly has a vending machine in their homes & apartments.

Environment wise I’m personally a huge fan at the moment of Santo Domingo where houses still look like they’re from 2012 but are jerry-rigged to the brim with as much modern tech you can physically slap onto an old house. Gives me huge Simon Stalenhag vibes and I appreciate it all the more as a result.

Last edited:

key

Nebulae
Okay that ending where Johnny visits V's grave was actually pretty emotional. Props to the writers for actually building a strong ending because that's not an easy thing to do. I definitely enjoyed this game a lot, looking forward to the DLC and also looking forward to going hard on all them side quests.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I can't say I'm not disappointed in the ending. I really don't like saying it, but I am.

I personally got the ending where Johnny's sent off into cyberspace and V gets her body back, but the fact that Alt immediately just rocks up at the last minute like "Yeah sorry can't actually save you" was like a massive smack in the face to me. It was built up like Alt could truly save V and that all would go well; I expected that maybe Johnny would have to sacrifice himself in order to save V and whatnot, but that wasn't the case.

So, V wakes up with Judy, goes off to the afterlife, talks about a job, goes on the job (which was left extremely open-ended) and that's the end. It's implied that V is going to die irregardless.

I then took to google and checked if that's the case with all endings; it is. Regardless of what you choose, no matter what ending you get, it's implied that V will eventually die no matter what. I don't like that, in fact I hate it.

When you build V up, it's very much you writing the story through your own choices; the character becomes connected to you, and that should mean you have the ability to at least sway their fate in the direction you want - but, instead, while you can get from point A to point B however you like, point B amounts to the same thing - V dying.

I was hoping that V would live in the end and you'd just be able to continue playing the game like normal; completing gigs, sidequests so on, maybe even manage a 100% run; but, apparently that's impossible unless you just hold off on the ending entirely.

I'm disappointed, I am. Don't get me wrong; it hasn't dissuaded me from playing the game again, as there's a lot of other questlines I'm very intrigued to get into and I'm also intrigued to see the other endings, but it'll be done with far less excitement knowing that - whatever I do - V will eventually die.

My theory here is that maybe CD will eventually release a free DLC - sort of Fo3 styled - where you take up the story after your respective ending and you're given the ability to save V. Why would they do this? Maybe they couldn't finish the story in time for release, or maybe they just wanted to leave people on a cliffhanger so they'd explore the stretches of the game before continuing on - I don't know. If that's the case then I'd be satisfied, but I'd still be disappointed because there's so much better ways to do it.

I don't know. I'll still keep playing the game, but that was a massive smack in the face; the game, no matter what, rips your character away from you - a character that YOU built, that YOU curated through choices and paths - and there's nothing you can do about it.

That's okay in the case of something like RDR2, where you're simply playing out the story of a set in stone character, but when you're responsible for the character and what they do, who they are and what path they take, for the ending to be so railroaded honestly isn't nice.

Thoughts?

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I can't say I'm not disappointed in the ending. I really don't like saying it, but I am.

I personally got the ending where Johnny's sent off into cyberspace and V gets her body back, but the fact that Alt immediately just rocks up at the last minute like "Yeah sorry can't actually save you" was like a massive smack in the face to me. It was built up like Alt could truly save V and that all would go well; I expected that maybe Johnny would have to sacrifice himself in order to save V and whatnot, but that wasn't the case.

So, V wakes up with Judy, goes off to the afterlife, talks about a job, goes on the job (which was left extremely open-ended) and that's the end. It's implied that V is going to die irregardless.

I then took to google and checked if that's the case with all endings; it is. Regardless of what you choose, no matter what ending you get, it's implied that V will eventually die no matter what. I don't like that, in fact I hate it.

When you build V up, it's very much you writing the story through your own choices; the character becomes connected to you, and that should mean you have the ability to at least sway their fate in the direction you want - but, instead, while you can get from point A to point B however you like, point B amounts to the same thing - V dying.

I was hoping that V would live in the end and you'd just be able to continue playing the game like normal; completing gigs, sidequests so on, maybe even manage a 100% run; but, apparently that's impossible unless you just hold off on the ending entirely.

I'm disappointed, I am. Don't get me wrong; it hasn't dissuaded me from playing the game again, as there's a lot of other questlines I'm very intrigued to get into and I'm also intrigued to see the other endings, but it'll be done with far less excitement knowing that - whatever I do - V will eventually die.

My theory here is that maybe CD will eventually release a free DLC - sort of Fo3 styled - where you take up the story after your respective ending and you're given the ability to save V. Why would they do this? Maybe they couldn't finish the story in time for release, or maybe they just wanted to leave people on a cliffhanger so they'd explore the stretches of the game before continuing on - I don't know. If that's the case then I'd be satisfied, but I'd still be disappointed because there's so much better ways to do it.

I don't know. I'll still keep playing the game, but that was a massive smack in the face; the game, no matter what, rips your character away from you - a character that YOU built, that YOU curated through choices and paths - and there's nothing you can do about it.

That's okay in the case of something like RDR2, where you're simply playing out the story of a set in stone character, but when you're responsible for the character and what they do, who they are and what path they take, for the ending to be so railroaded honestly isn't nice.

Thoughts?

I agree with pretty much everything here, I have nothing against bad endings but there should've at least been one or two where you manage to survive longer than 6 months.

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I agree with pretty much everything here, I have nothing against bad endings but there should've at least been one or two where you manage to survive longer than 6 months.
I would've just liked an ending where you're able to save V's body and you just continue on doing sidequests, gigs, so on and actually live out the idea of becoming Night City's legendary merc.

So much lost potential.

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I would've just liked an ending where you're able to save V's body and you just continue on doing sidequests, gigs, so on and actually live out the idea of becoming Night City's legendary merc.

So much lost potential.
idk maybe I'm too used to Bethesda type open world where you're able to continue playing after the main storyline but not being able to play after the 'point of no return' made me really disappointed

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
As someone just pointed out to me; it's quite possible they may take a sort of Witcher approach with Cyberpunk.

When Witcher released - if memory serves - it too lacked a little bit, and CD went onto add quite a bit of meat through free DLC down the line; if they take the same route with Cyberpunk then, shit, that's fucking smart. Like, no joke; that's a big brain move by CD because they stretch out the longevity of Cyberpunk well beyond most games' lifespans, possibly even resulting in trumping their success with Witcher.

Honestly; if they do that and use that to expand on the ending, then that's going to end up golden in my opinion. It has evidence, too, because they've already said we'll be seeing free DLC as early as February (someone quote me on that if I'm wrong).

CD is a good company with good intentions; I have faith, and I'm going to keep playing the game because I trust them.

Edit:

1AIrsbj.png

Farp117.png

Very, very promising.

Taken from this article.

Last edited:

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Thoughts?

you only get a drink at Afterlife if you die

I like to think the ending is saying no matter what choices you've made, you're a legend in Night City. A dead one, but a legend.

Voilá

ˣ
Nebulae

Thoughts?
Summed up exactly what I've been saying/discussing to the other people, I agree with everything.

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae

Thoughts?
Honestly to me the Aldecados ending is the most heartwarming and honestly the only “good” ending there is. Legit the preparation to the assault on Arasaka is like none other ive ever seen. And becoming an official member of the Aldecados and becoming one with the family to lead aside Panam is purely amazing.

And then the morning of the assault, there’s no more cheering, there’s no more bright smiles. Because now everyone is starting to realize what exactly they’re going to do. I actually felt so intense myself knowing that people are prolly gonna die and it’s gonna be all for me, a member of the family now.

Legit so much that right before you mount up in the tank I recited a speech that had been said during Caesar's Crossing of the Rubicon. Because the situation we were in, and what we were about to do was very familiar it felt.

"How swiftly Caesar had surmounted the icy Alps and in his mind conceived immense upheavals, coming war. When he reached the water of the Little Rubicon, clearly to the leader through the murky night appeared a mighty image of his country in distress, grief in her face, her white hair streaming from her tower-crowned head, with tresses torn and shoulders bare she stood before him, and sighing said:

Where further do you march? Where do you take my standards, warriors? If lawfully you come, if as citizens, this far only is allowed.

Then trembling struck the leader's limbs; his hair grew stiff and weakness checked his progress, holding his feet at the river's edge. At last he speaks:

'O Thunderer, surveying great Rome's walls from the Tarpeian Rock --

'O Phrygian house gods of Iulus, clan and mysteries of Quirinus who was carried off to heaven --

'O Jupiter of Latium, seated in lofty Alba and hearths of Vesta --

'O Rome, equal to the highest deity, favor my plans.

Not with impious weapons do I pursue you. Here am I, Caesar, conqueror of land and sea, your own soldier, everywhere, now, too, if I am permitted. The man who makes me your enemy -- it is he who be the guilty one.'

Then he broke the barriers of war and through the swollen river swiftly took his standards. And Caesar crossed the flood and reached the opposite bank. From Hesperia's forbidden fields he took his stand and said:

'Here I abandon peace and desecrated law.

Fortune, it is you I follow.

Farewell to treaties.

From now on war is our judge.'"

Hail, Caesar: We who are about to die salute you.”

If you’ve played that ending you know how well that speech fits into their situation.

While sad, I’m glad that when Teddy, Bob, and Saul went out. There was no buildup, they just died. How it really happens. Killing Smasher never felt so good.

I like to think after leaving the city and state entirely you settle down with Panam and start a family. And go peacefully, or you find a way to live fully and go from another way.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Honestly to me the Aldecados ending is the most heartwarming and honestly the only “good” ending there is. Legit the preparation to the assault on Arasaka is like none other ive ever seen. And becoming an official member of the Aldecados and becoming one with the family to lead aside Panam is purely amazing.

And then the morning of the assault, there’s no more cheering, there’s no more bright smiles. Because now everyone is starting to realize what exactly they’re going to do. I actually felt so intense myself knowing that people are prolly gonna die and it’s gonna be all for me, a member of the family now.

Legit so much that right before you mount up in the tank I recited a speech that had been said during Caesar's Crossing of the Rubicon. Because the situation we were in, and what we were about to do was very familiar it felt.

"How swiftly Caesar had surmounted the icy Alps and in his mind conceived immense upheavals, coming war. When he reached the water of the Little Rubicon, clearly to the leader through the murky night appeared a mighty image of his country in distress, grief in her face, her white hair streaming from her tower-crowned head, with tresses torn and shoulders bare she stood before him, and sighing said:

Where further do you march? Where do you take my standards, warriors? If lawfully you come, if as citizens, this far only is allowed.

Then trembling struck the leader's limbs; his hair grew stiff and weakness checked his progress, holding his feet at the river's edge. At last he speaks:

'O Thunderer, surveying great Rome's walls from the Tarpeian Rock --

'O Phrygian house gods of Iulus, clan and mysteries of Quirinus who was carried off to heaven --

'O Jupiter of Latium, seated in lofty Alba and hearths of Vesta --

'O Rome, equal to the highest deity, favor my plans.

Not with impious weapons do I pursue you. Here am I, Caesar, conqueror of land and sea, your own soldier, everywhere, now, too, if I am permitted. The man who makes me your enemy -- it is he who be the guilty one.'

Then he broke the barriers of war and through the swollen river swiftly took his standards. And Caesar crossed the flood and reached the opposite bank. From Hesperia's forbidden fields he took his stand and said:

'Here I abandon peace and desecrated law.

Fortune, it is you I follow.

Farewell to treaties.

From now on war is our judge.'"

Hail, Caesar: We who are about to die salute you.”

If you’ve played that ending you know how well that speech fits into their situation.

While sad, I’m glad that when Teddy, Bob, and Saul went out. There was no buildup, they just died. How it really happens. Killing Smasher never felt so good.

I like to think after leaving the city and state entirely you settle down with Panam and start a family. And go peacefully, or you find a way to live fully and go from another way.
There's a secret ending in which no one dies and you assault Arasaka alone with Johnny.
Be nice to Johnny but not 'too nice'.

If the hidden affinity stat is in the good area after you're done, just waiting at the end screen will have Johnny suggest this ending to you.
There is no saving when you start this assault, if you die. the game ends.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
anyone who is doing melee weps only message me plz

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
this game needs more money sinks beyond just cars

im fully cyber modded, have a shitload of daemons, have all the ammo i need and dont need new weapons but im still sitting at 230k and rising