Don't Stay in School

Lutic

loser
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i personally think its a rather unique way to bring over the message, i'd rather have this than some boring fellow in a suit explaining it
but hes very shit at rapping

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
i don't have much faith in my country's educational system

but holy shit

this guy is a whiny lil bitch

while i do agree that our current system of education is rather crooked and trivial, i don't think that it is the sole reason that some people don't reach their full potential in life.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
but my professor said my gender studies degree would give me a job right out of college !!???
take womens studies
then you can say you know more about women than women know about women

Nebulae
I live in Lousiana where the school system is not allowed to teach us about condoms or contraceptives. I still knew that condoms were important from by parents and when I was 15 and I went to go buy my first pack of condoms because I was going to a girlfriends house that night with her parents gone I had to google how to put them on, what size to buy, and if you had to be 18 to buy them. I literally didnt know whether or not I was old enough to buy them.

I did take law studies my junior year and civics my sophomore year and learned about law and rights but i still dont know what a mortgage is and I don't know how to pay bills ot where to do it. Dont know how to sign up for insurance, whether it be life, car, home, or property and the only reason I know any of those terms is from playing the board game LIFE.

I have learned more through cinema, television, video games, etc. than I ever have through school. I'm torn though because school teaches you how to deal with people socially, how to make friends, how to lose friends, how to deal with that loss, and how to get over it. How to burn bridges and how to mend them back together. I met great teachers, like my sophomore chemistry teacher who I would talk about the universe and philosophy with. My junior art teacher who helped me find what kind of art I truly enjoy doing and what I'm good at. My theater teacher who I had all years of highschool who is now my boss as she represents me as an agent for my professional acting career.

So I don't know, should you stay in school? Yeah, but don't take it too seriously because at the end of the day when the school system looks at you they see big dollar signs guilding student loans, class fees, and uniforms.

Also, you don't have to go to college. Go to a nice trade school and learn a trade, they pay better on average and are guaranteed jobs waiting for you for when you graduate.

Reactions: List

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
i still dont know what a mortgage is
Seriously?
CGupsQi.png

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
Is that really all you got from my post? That's sad man. I'm obviously exaggerating a little to make a point, same as the song. Do you really think he has all that shit memorised and that he never learned that he has basic human right?
no i get what you're trying to get across, i was just genuinely curious as to whether or not you knew what a mortgage was, I don't know the American education system

Nebulae
no i get what you're trying to get across, i was just genuinely curious as to whether or not you knew what a mortgage was, I don't know the American education system
I mean admittedly I've never sat down and read about it but I get the general idea. But yeah the american educational system is pretty fucked. Common core is fucking awful and a waste of time and resources.

Reactions: List

R40UL

Proton
Nebulae
As a school drop out, I can say the guy is far more wrong than right.
Although school can sometimes teach us things we might not even give any use to when we get a job or seems pointless as most jobs don't require several of the things schools teach you, that doesn't mean it's completely useless. School mainly exists for people to learn what is necessary to live in our culture (going from learning languages, to the history of each one of them) as well as things that will greatly influence what job we choose, you can't just go to a teacher and tell him/her "I am going to be this when I grow up" and expect to receive very specific teachings, that's the reason why schools are varied in what it teaches us.
A school is not going to tell you how to live your life, that is entirely on you. Obviously, if you had a kid, you wouldn't like it if someone told you how you have to raise it, since it's your personnal choice. And in the case of actually wanting to know things schools won't teach you, it's simple, go someplace that teaches that, or research on internet and learn it.
I didn't drop out of school because I thought what they teached was a waste of time, I dropped out because I simply didn't like the way schools where I live treated it's students.