Fall of Geneva | Feedback

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
The Breen broadcast mixed with the perfect timing of the portal made my brain release feel-good chemicals.

PLEASE do this for every map change.

JVYGJ49.jpg
this, I was so shocked and LOVED the speech, I did NOT EXPECT THAT WHATSOEVER, whoever came up with that is a genius

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I remember before we launched speaking to @Numbers about this iteration not having hope, that it would crash and burn. This event, along with everything leading to it has shown me that dispute minor hiccups, this might be the most successful iteration yet (imo)

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
In hindsight, should've recorded the event - will know that for next time

If anyone recorded it would be great to throw up, if that is impossible then I can grab a version from the event server later

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
no way none of you clip-chimping motherfuckers that constantly upload epic s2k clips didn't record lmao

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
As requested, the full transcript.

“And…
… as Babylon fell.

From the ashes of barbarism humanity arose; reinvigorated, emancipated from its own hubris. To those Babylonians, the word revolution was freedom.

But as Alexander the Great laid waste to the Persians, revolution was, that is to say had always been … cataclysm.

And in time, revolution claimed all he too had built, and his empire shattered, like fine glass in the hands of a child.

You have, to a man, endured the worst that the false promise humanity names ‘revolution’ has to offer. In the face of mankind’s self-inflicted return to its most barbaric and irrational, you have chosen to defy this endless cycle of decay. You have, and at no insignificant personal cost, risen above the base urges of fear — of savagery.

And the time is long past due that you see what your fight … well. What it’s all been for.

Now is the time to take heart in all you have accomplished. The loss of this city to those unable to appreciate all that it stands for is, if I might be candid, a disappointment. Even so, your dedication has allowed for the restoration of our citadel — to which you have been chosen to relocate, in light of your recent struggles … and your recent successes.

You have served, and you have served well. And so, to the dedicated members of the Overwatch, I can only offer my heartfelt congratulations, despite your failure to secure what remains of City 24.

You have made the right choice.

In every revolution, there is the paradoxical presence of circulation. Repetition, reflection, and regression. Noble conquests become vicious and apocalyptic with each turn of the wheel. Therefore only one possible option - one possible “right choice” remains - to break the cycle.

This
… is how it ends.”

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I remember before we launched speaking to @Numbers about this iteration not having hope, that it would crash and burn. This event, along with everything leading to it has shown me that dispute minor hiccups, this might be the most successful iteration yet (imo)
I'll be honest and say this iteration has been lightning in a bottle - in the best way possible.

I'd have told you something like this was impossible to do well six months ago; I'm pretty sure absolutely everyone who's experienced the dime-a-dozen outlands servers over the years would have said the same. I was hopeful, but honestly not super confident. I expected it to last a few weeks tops before people started bitching and quit.

But, well, the staff team - and Gary - have managed to make something genuinely cool that's got so much room to do whatever the fuck it wants, and deserves huge praise.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'll be honest and say this iteration has been lightning in a bottle - in the best way possible.

I'd have told you something like this was impossible to do well six months ago; I'm pretty sure absolutely everyone who's experienced the dime-a-dozen outlands servers over the years would have said the same. I was hopeful, but honestly not super confident. I expected it to last a few weeks tops before people started bitching and quit.

But, well, the staff team - and Gary - have managed to make something genuinely cool that's got so much room to do whatever the fuck it wants, and deserves huge praise.
Honestly I think a big contributor of it is the fact that the red-tape has been cut drastically allowing for a lot more creativity to not have to go through "Friction" where it dies down. This plus many other factors such as the wild shift in gameplay from cityRP to a more freeform RP still set in HL2.

Plus with Alyx giving us lots of context and addons I don't think there's a better time tbh!

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Video including insider communications from central event command...

Seeing the excitement and the work that has been put through in the Behind the Scene brings a real smile to my face. I can feel the dedication and passion behind those actions and truly relieve the time when I was like that more. I truly cannot be more proud of the team right now.

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Not sure if I'm more happy or relieved with how it turned out, glad everyone enjoyed it!

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
if you're interested in the full speech, devoid of anything else, here's the full soundbyte (i hope this works)

edit:

oops, i forgot to adjust the pauses! hehe. it's as quiet as it is because i did it all in one big file and the reverb hangs on for a bit

edit2:
the glitching has changed a little as well, i noticed. i have an idea

okay it should now be exactly as it was ingame​

Last edited: