Serious Free games thread

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
https://mega.nz/#!coQnFQhQ!HxvbgdeC88Cl5JXZ2TERGrxogcD2ZwOQ1vbS2q_kFlA

Download DLCs from here, put them into your DLC folder in the Crusader Kings II steam folder

After that, you download this zip/rar and plop everything in it into the main game folder

https://mega.nz/#!dkghVSzb!IC6dCQEz94x0FPJGfgPCrGWHumtBlqaqKEUNTu_omps

All DLCs, works with achievements and iron man

very epic

Edit:

Some people were having problems cause the game just got updated after this, but don't worry, there's a fix.

Simply go into your steam betas and select the old version 3.2.1, launch the game to check if it works, then switch back to the current version. The DLCs should work then.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The first time I played CK2 with a friend as a brand new player he fucked my wife behind my back then made me raise the child before annexing and conquering me

Really immersed me in the setting

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
https://mega.nz/#!Fg4DBCJL!ndhlEsEpfxFSBxexfn3-d03T5DgeeOHrY74Aeu2iNuM

Download DLCs from here, put them into your DLC folder in the Crusader Kings II steam folder

After that, you download this zip/rar and plop everything in it into the main game folder

https://mega.nz/#!dkghVSzb!IC6dCQEz94x0FPJGfgPCrGWHumtBlqaqKEUNTu_omps

All DLCs, works with achievements and iron man

very epic
>he posts links to literally everything free of charge
176ea3d76d.jpg

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The first time I played CK2 with a friend as a brand new player he fucked my wife behind my back then made me raise the child before annexing and conquering me

Really immersed me into the setting

is it even CK2 if you don't fuck your friends wife?

ALSO The Merchant guild clearly made this game free

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Remember to destroy Sweden in all your playthroughs, they are vile and will stab you in the back like all their previous alliances learned the hard way

60baebb29c.jpg

The only time Sweden came in favor was when all my duke tier lords revolted against me and I had no troops but they came in with 100k death stacks and won the day

Every other playthrough they've been bastards though

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Converting to Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish culture towards the end of the viking age: I sleep

Remaining Norse until the Renaissance and raiding eternally as the Scandinavian Empire: W O K E

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Have you ever heard the tale of Christian II the wise?
I thought not. It's not a story the anglos would tell you.

It's a Norse legend. Christian II was a Danish Lord of Denmark, so powerful and so wise he could use the politics to influence Scandinavia to create vassals... He had such a knowledge of the politics that he could even keep the ones he cared about from revolting.

The Danish side of the politics is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did.
Unfortunately, he taught his vassals everything he knew, then his vassals revolted against him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from revolting, but not himself.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
also pro tip to everyone playing ck2 for the first time:

you can start pretty much anywhere and as anyone, but don't start as the byzantines or england or you will literally hate yourself

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
Would you recommend starting the earliest possible with the DLC's or the original early start?

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Would you recommend starting the earliest possible with the DLC's or the original early start?

Original start

As fun as the earlier ones are, 1066 (or 936) are probably the most balanced and player friendly starts

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the more time for questionable family lines to be established the better

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I personally suggest viking age, it's where the most fun is had and allows for more lasting fundations

but if you are new the original is probably better

ruble

Electron
Nebulae
a great way to learn the basics of the game and just play for fun is playing tribals - these are found around 700 to viking age and is what gets most people hooked and how i teach people the game the rest are extremely boring if u dont know wyd or just dont like playing feudal christians

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
This is a very demanding question but would anyone be up for teaching me tomorrow because the youtube videos sound like gibberish, maybe even links to youtube videos that aren't in gibberish would help if you're not free to teach a noob.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This is a very demanding question but would anyone be up for teaching me tomorrow because the youtube videos sound like gibberish, maybe even links to youtube videos that aren't in gibberish would help if you're not free to teach a noob.

to be honest if you watch sseth’s video above you can understand some of the basics but it’s not very instructive the gameplay is however much simpler then it looks, and suprisingly fucking everyone is a very good tactic, however experience will teach you most of it!