Serious Free games thread

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
Any reccomended mods or just learn the game first before I start adding random shit. Even just mods to make it simpler?

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This is a very demanding question but would anyone be up for teaching me tomorrow because the youtube videos sound like gibberish, maybe even links to youtube videos that aren't in gibberish would help if you're not free to teach a noob.

Arumba's tutorial series is good at teaching the basics but it's pretty outdated by this point

It was however the one I used and the rest of my experience was done by scouring the wiki and just experimenting for myself in game and seeing what works out

I recommend starting with Ironman disabled so you can save scum in case things go wrong on your first few playthroughs (although there are ways to save scum even with Ironman but shhh)

ruble

Electron
Nebulae
the most fundamental and important information:::

if u are playing a tribal especially viking on elective gavelkind where land is split amongsts your sons on death you should immediately kill your wife after u have 1 son to ensure 100% of it goes away the more sons you have the more fucked border gore you will create and the longer it will be until you reunify

Any reccomended mods or just learn the game first before I start adding random shit. Even just mods to make it simpler?

i would just advise you play the base game as a character who doesnt have much micromanaging to do and land to administrate with someone experienced

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the more sons you have the more fucked border gore you will create and the longer it will be until you reunify

Untill your son gets sick or gets assasinated then you need to find a wife real fast

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the most fundamental and important information:::

if u are playing a tribal especially viking on elective gavelkind where land is split amongsts your sons on death you should immediately kill your wife after u have 1 son to ensure 100% of it goes away the more sons you have the more fucked border gore you will create and the longer it will be until you reunify

i would just advise you play the base game as a character who doesnt have much micromanaging to do and land to administrate with someone experienced

> not using seduction focus to create a sea of bastards and legitimizing the best one

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
although tbh Tribal bordergore isn't even too bad anymore with the Holy Fury mechanic that allows you to duel for the land as long as you have a claim on it

makes cleaning up elective gavelkind bordergore way easier and faster

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
also pro tip to everyone playing ck2 for the first time:

you can start pretty much anywhere and as anyone, but don't start as the byzantines or england or you will literally hate yourself

can i play as bulgaria?

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
is it useless like in hoi4 tho?

Bulgaria in the 936 starting date is actually pretty good, can even rival the Byzantines if you play well

also in CK2, no 'country' is truly useless (except for when Charlemagne controls Francia omegaLUL) since the game is based on characters rather than states.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
since the game is based on characters rather than states.
Juan_de_Miranda_Carreno_002.jpg

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
Bulgaria in the 936 starting date is actually pretty good, can even rival the Byzantines if you play well

also in CK2, no 'country' is truly useless (except for when Charlemagne controls Francia omegaLUL) since the game is based on characters rather than states.

bulgaria has been screwing over the byzantines since 681, so this shit gon be good

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
:cool:I just tried playing without watching a tutorial and failed miserably as my army stayed at 700 while the guy i wanted to take over rose from 500 to 1.01k